Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which Rank Lure Do You Use To Fish For Mounts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 19, 2012
I've been trying to fish For A Celestial Wolf mount but i can't seem to get it, is it because i'm using a Rank one lure? I am fishing in the house with the venus fly trap house.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
I think you can get the mounts from any given chest and since any fish can turn out to be a chest its really just up to luck and the loot generation algorithm

Explorer
Jul 22, 2015
You'll need to fish in Bontanical Gardens, I suggest using a lvl 2 life lure which can be bought in Grizzleheim. The chances of fishing a permanent mount are incredibly rare and can only be fished up in houses that came in the same bundle as the mount. Good luck!

Survivor
Oct 12, 2009
Woah,

The chance of getting that mount is very unlikely! Good luck on your search for the mount.

Anthony FirePyre, Lvl. 78

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Probably have better luck farming Loremaster for spells. That's how rare fishing up a mount is I:

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I am pretty sure all chests are rank 2, so use winnow rank 2 fish and a rank 2 lure of the most common school at the house you are fishing in.

I have gotten 2 permanent mounts from the new nomad's house, a camel and magic carpet, as well as a few pets and a flute wand!