Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can Ice Solo?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 08, 2015
Subject speaks for itself. :).
Got max on my life a couple weeks ago, wanna go again. Trying to figure out if ice is a good school or not. At least to solo.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Any school can be good solo. The challenges facing each school just come at different stages of the game. There are also different strategies needed for soloing different schools. My first wizard was Ice and soloed very successfully up through Azteca. Death is probably the easiest solo school because it constantly refills it's health as it attacks.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2016
I think any and all schools are good to solo. It mostly depends on if you do side quests, or how many of them you do.
Though I definitely think Ice can solo!

Survivor
Jul 14, 2016
Ice is for sure one of the best schools for soloing, probably tied with Life due to survivability and behind Death because of how Death saves pips on raw heals with its Steal Health attacks. Ice has crazy amounts of health and resistance, and later on in the game its weak damaging spells don't matter very much since you begin to hit hard regardless.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Yes. I solo quite a bit on Ice.

I have a handful of good, reliable, and kind friends in the game on Ice. But I don't want to pester them. So usually it's me and me. :)

And I do battle with others but just prefer one asks the other one first. I've met some really nice people that way. Most appreciated being asked first. The ones who said no, that is fine too. Sometimes it is fun or faster to solo.

If you need a boost, get some really good treasure cards, and/or take the energy potion. It costs crowns but for some things it's worth it imo.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2011
I think ice would be a good school to follow up a life, seeing as neither gets a good aoe for an extended period of time, ice getting blizzard is early enough, but in, my opinion it is easier to build up for solo hits, like life does before level 58 where it gets forest lord. There will always be a struggle part of the game where everything is you school and you have to struggle with over leveled bosses in Wintertusk, with is the hardest part of the game for my ice wizard.
Stay Chill Guys

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
Yes! Ice gets their minion, the Ice Guardian spell, at Level 28 with the quest, "Chilling Information" from Lydia Greyrose. It uses 3 pips and has, I believe, 400 health.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
nonsuch on Oct 2, 2016 wrote:
Yes! Ice gets their minion, the Ice Guardian spell, at Level 28 with the quest, "Chilling Information" from Lydia Greyrose. It uses 3 pips and has, I believe, 400 health.
Thanks very much! :)

I am level 30 plus and Lydia (in the game) has told me I will get a minion but it still hasn't shown up. Lol

I googled a lot and it seems it isn't actually given until Marleybone? And that you have to finish Krokotopia first? I didn't know about Kroko coming first so I was doing a lot of side quests.

Thanks though! Hope I will get the minion soon. I got the ghost dragon so I can summon a death minion but it seems to be a weak minion. It gets killed immediately so there's no use using it, so far.

Explorer
Jun 02, 2012
Any School can solo. Different strats apply.
Death however, 30-40% of bosses are that school. So they depend on PRISMS alot.

Storm is powerful in the start of story. While it differs a bit after Zafaria, then Ice kinda takes power.
But Duo is always better.
The best pairs are maybe:
Storm + Life
Storm + Ice
Death + Ice (death has kind of low health so it might need to depend on Ice to absorb it)
Myth + Storm?
Balance + Storm (for Damage Buffs)
Fire + Balance?

Valdus SC, Level 70 (almost) (last day of membership)

Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
ANY school can solo. Wizard 101 is all about strategy, and if you are a strategist you will not have a problem. My storm soloed most of the despite having extremely low health, so yes ice can solo.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I confess on some wizards that are not as strong on attacks or on health I sometimes will buy and use the health elixir. It helps but don't forget, you still have to go and find red wisps to fill it up the rest of the way after buying it. I'm not sure why it doesn't auto fill like during a level up? At that price I think it should :) Sometimes there aren't any wisps around...

But that extra 500 health can help a lot.