Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can we have crafting lockers, please?

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Some of the bigger crafting projects, like crafted houses, require many ingredients that, in turn, are crafted and require even more ingredients. There are so many reagents, treasure cards and other housing or plant items to gather that it can be hard to keep track. What could really help is if we could have a housing item that works sort of like a bank or gear vault, only it's designed to organize a few crafting recipes.

Let's say I'm crafting a hat, robe and boots. I have three separate recipes, and they share some ingredients in common (15/17/13 Aether, let's say). I place the recipes in my crafting locker, along with the ingredients I've gathered so far, which locks them into place. Under the hat recipe goes 15 Aether. Under the robe recipe goes 17 Aether, and 11 Aether go under the boots recipe because that's all I have. That way I won't accidentally sell or use them for another crafting project, but just as helpfully, I can tell at a glance that two recipes have enough Aether but I still need to gather two more Aether for the boots.

The locker could hold up to 10 recipes, along with the reagents and treasure cards needed to complete the crafting project. Also, it can hold up to 100 housing/plant items and reserve them under their respective recipes.

When I was crafting the Grizzlehiem Watchtower Hall I had piles of lumber all over the place, plus all the other fountains and towers I had to craft - more than 50 items were filling up my yard by the time I was done. It would have been so nice to store those things in a crafting locker until I was ready to use them.

Thanks for considering my idea.

Alia Misthaven
Rowan Ashcloud
(Exhausted but prowd owner of a Watchtower Hall)

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
I love your idea. The issue you are discussing has happened to me so many times, and me and my friends often complained about it lol.

Friend: I'm going to craft this robe and then this hat!
Friend: x crafts the robe x
Friend: Oh, never mind, I can't craft the hat right now. The recipes both required Aether, and I now don't have any for the hat, because the robe used up the last of mine.

Locking certain reagents for certain recipes would become so helpful, because me and friends often have to write on paper what recipes require, and then we have to add up the total amount of reagents to find out exactly what we need.

The Treetop Getaway paper was filled up since there were many other items we had to craft for the house.

Delver
Jan 30, 2015
Freshta on Sep 2, 2016 wrote:
Some of the bigger crafting projects, like crafted houses, require many ingredients that, in turn, are crafted and require even more ingredients. There are so many reagents, treasure cards and other housing or plant items to gather that it can be hard to keep track. What could really help is if we could have a housing item that works sort of like a bank or gear vault, only it's designed to organize a few crafting recipes.

Let's say I'm crafting a hat, robe and boots. I have three separate recipes, and they share some ingredients in common (15/17/13 Aether, let's say). I place the recipes in my crafting locker, along with the ingredients I've gathered so far, which locks them into place. Under the hat recipe goes 15 Aether. Under the robe recipe goes 17 Aether, and 11 Aether go under the boots recipe because that's all I have. That way I won't accidentally sell or use them for another crafting project, but just as helpfully, I can tell at a glance that two recipes have enough Aether but I still need to gather two more Aether for the boots.

The locker could hold up to 10 recipes, along with the reagents and treasure cards needed to complete the crafting project. Also, it can hold up to 100 housing/plant items and reserve them under their respective recipes.

When I was crafting the Grizzlehiem Watchtower Hall I had piles of lumber all over the place, plus all the other fountains and towers I had to craft - more than 50 items were filling up my yard by the time I was done. It would have been so nice to store those things in a crafting locker until I was ready to use them.

Alia Misthaven
Rowan Ashcloud
I love this idea! I even suggested something like it (but a lot less well thought out!) at one point where you could lock reagents...this is a lot better because it gets the reagents out of your backpack entirely and locks them to specific recipes.
Nice idea!

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
Freshta on Sep 2, 2016 wrote:

Alia Misthaven
Rowan Ashcloud
I love it! It would be cool just to be able to throw your reagents in a container and sort them for projects. This locker should be upgradable so you can make an all in one crafting table with reagent storage. It would be expensive, but very cool.