Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Show Full Shadow Pip Chance

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 02, 2014
I'll make my request quick and simple. As of right now, we are shown the bonus we get to our shadow pip chance. Rather than showing the entire pip chance. I have full confidence in saying that no one likes it this way. Everyone wants it to be shown like our Power Pip Chance. It's been like this for awhile, and I'm not sure why it wasn't updated in the last update, since our interface was updated quite a bit.

Unnecessary Read: I have read that our base Shadow Pip Chance once we receive the ability to get them is 20%. Now anyone can just add their bonus onto that and will know their probability of getting a Shadow Pip. But it would be so much easier if we could just see the whole thing.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
WizardryMastery on Aug 30, 2016 wrote:
I'll make my request quick and simple. As of right now, we are shown the bonus we get to our shadow pip chance. Rather than showing the entire pip chance. I have full confidence in saying that no one likes it this way. Everyone wants it to be shown like our Power Pip Chance. It's been like this for awhile, and I'm not sure why it wasn't updated in the last update, since our interface was updated quite a bit.

Unnecessary Read: I have read that our base Shadow Pip Chance once we receive the ability to get them is 20%. Now anyone can just add their bonus onto that and will know their probability of getting a Shadow Pip. But it would be so much easier if we could just see the whole thing.
I agree completely. This UI decision is a deviation from the relatively nice, straightforward character stats for every other game ability. The only reason I can come up with for this not working the same as Power Pips is the scarcity of Shadow Pips and the small effect that current gear has on this.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
yes, we should be shown our true shadow pip %, just like power pip %

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
I don't know whether I agree or disagree. I like the idea but I feel like this shouldn't be added because the two different pips are different and should be too similar.

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
WizardryMastery on Aug 30, 2016 wrote:

I definitely agree with this. I have seen countless threads of where people have calculated the percentage of receiving a Shadow Pip to be somewhere between 15% - 20%, and I would love to know what my actual chance of receiving one is.

The way the system is set up now kind of makes the Polished/Lustrous Pip Hematite Jewels less appealing since people don't know how much of an advantage they're actually gaining in using them.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
FusionSun on Aug 31, 2016 wrote:
I definitely agree with this. I have seen countless threads of where people have calculated the percentage of receiving a Shadow Pip to be somewhere between 15% - 20%, and I would love to know what my actual chance of receiving one is.

The way the system is set up now kind of makes the Polished/Lustrous Pip Hematite Jewels less appealing since people don't know how much of an advantage they're actually gaining in using them.
well, if you figure it like power pips, the more you have, the better it is. Sure, you only get 2% MAX for the jewels right now, but THAT part of it is the known quantity, it's the BASE % that is the unknown quantity. I DO agree that for some people, if they knew the baseline, they might not want the extra. For ME, I need that extra 2% and have farmed for that gem specifically, because I dont have the full Darkmoor, or better, gear yet.