Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Malistaire deals with pirates?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
I performed a quick search, but didn't see anything on this specific topic. If this is something you've seen before, please redirect me to the original idea.

While revisiting the world of wizards after a few years of pirating, something struck me as odd. When chasing Malistaire to Krokotopia, the wizard is given a spiral key to the world gate inside Bartleby. But if the world gate is in Ravenwood, how did Malistaire leave Wizard City without being seen by at least Bartleby?

Since we know the wizards and pirates are connected in some way (e.g. Meowiarty in prison, emperor of MooShu being ill), My thought was that Malistaire contracted with pirates to smuggle him off of Wizard City. After all, at least Baldur Goldpaws has sailed to and from the learning establishment.

To take the idea one step farther, is it possible the pirates that gave Malistaire passage were individuals that currently exist in Pirate101? Could it even be someone the young pirates trust? Boochbeard/Gandry, one of the MooShu 5, the pirates' parents, or even the pirate him/herself?

Thoughts, ideas? Let me know, I'd love to read other opinions.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2014
Well, Malistaire does somewhat deal with pirates, skeletal pirates. Proof being that it's shown in the comics that the only reason there are skeletal pirates in Unicorn Way is because he sent them there. Also, in certain places in Dragonspyre, there are more pirates roaming the streets.

So it's possible that he fled Wizard City via pirate ship with the skeletons, and had them take him to Dragonspyre. And while dropping him off, some of them decided to stay themselves for whatever reason.

However, I always thought he just simply left Wizard City by using Bartleby's Spiral Door at night. I remember Bartleby saying something about Malistaire coming at night to taught him, or something like that. Meaning no one was around to see him leave, or mess with Bartleby.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Malistaire stole Bartleby's Eye of History and by extension in many ways Bartleby's memories. He could have taken the Eye and walked out the door and sadly Bartleby wouldn't remember. However, sailing with Pirates is also possible. Marco Pollo's map does show a connection to both Grizzleheim and Marleybone from Wizard City.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2016
Supernova480 on Aug 28, 2016 wrote:
I performed a quick search, but didn't see anything on this specific topic. If this is something you've seen before, please redirect me to the original idea.

While revisiting the world of wizards after a few years of pirating, something struck me as odd. When chasing Malistaire to Krokotopia, the wizard is given a spiral key to the world gate inside Bartleby. But if the world gate is in Ravenwood, how did Malistaire leave Wizard City without being seen by at least Bartleby?

Since we know the wizards and pirates are connected in some way (e.g. Meowiarty in prison, emperor of MooShu being ill), My thought was that Malistaire contracted with pirates to smuggle him off of Wizard City. After all, at least Baldur Goldpaws has sailed to and from the learning establishment.

To take the idea one step farther, is it possible the pirates that gave Malistaire passage were individuals that currently exist in Pirate101? Could it even be someone the young pirates trust? Boochbeard/Gandry, one of the MooShu 5, the pirates' parents, or even the pirate him/herself?

Thoughts, ideas? Let me know, I'd love to read other opinions.
I think I remember Bartleby saying "he comes at night to torment me. Find the one who can defeat him, that one is the saviour of Wizard City", during the quest where we had to pour Ambrose's potion over Bartleby's roots.

This might have meant Malistaire used the spiral door inside of Bartleby to escape?

I always kind of figured he teleported away.

Survivor
May 26, 2013
MonicaFireFlame on Sep 10, 2016 wrote:
I think I remember Bartleby saying "he comes at night to torment me. Find the one who can defeat him, that one is the saviour of Wizard City", during the quest where we had to pour Ambrose's potion over Bartleby's roots.

This might have meant Malistaire used the spiral door inside of Bartleby to escape?

I always kind of figured he teleported away.
We had to pour that over his roots? I figured that we just kind of threw it at him and left.
Also, did we ever find the eye of history? It would be cool to tie that in with the Old Cob storyline.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
dk4vision on Sep 11, 2016 wrote:
We had to pour that over his roots? I figured that we just kind of threw it at him and left.
Also, did we ever find the eye of history? It would be cool to tie that in with the Old Cob storyline.
The Eye of History is still at large.

Yes, we pour it on his roots.