Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

May Cast Healing Spells Going Just a Bit Too Far

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 09, 2011
Yes, May Cast Healing spells are great if you get them on your pet. It's wonderful for you, and for everyone if they just do it every once in awhile. But sometimes they do it way too often, can be extremely unfair, and if you think about it, your pet may just be a bit too powerful than you really thought.

Especially in PvP, a spamming may cast healing pet, can just be a hazard to the other team. Now you might be thinking, "But healing spells are great for you, and can help you in crucial situations when your about to die!" Yes, yes, I know. But every opposite team just dreads the moment when your this close to killing someone, when all of the sudden, their pet casts Sprite or Pixie, two, or three times in a row. Which pretty much makes things twice as hard for you or your team, and pretty much might make you lose just because of their pet. Not only that, wizards without a pet like so, don't have anything to count on if they are close to dying when they are soloing something.

And come on, we all have that moment when someone on your team, whether it's PvP or not, casts their usual Sprites, while you're about to die, they just sit there congratulating their pet like they never have before. Some people seem to brag about their pet, and some people act like it's nothing, like their pet does it all the time. But in your heart, you're dreading their pet.

Not only that, people that do have this kind of pet, they are at least a little overpowered than the rest of everyone else at their level that doesn't have a pet like theirs. We all know that there're only two objectives in every battle of Wizard101. And that's killing the opponent, and keeping yourself alive. So pretty much people that have a spamming healing pet, really only have to worry about one objective, which makes them one step ahead of everyone else.

Also, people with these pets literally almost have a mini life wizard following them around everywhere they go! Now how fair does it sound to other wizards knowing that you have a mini life wizard healing you like there's no tomorrow?!

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a pet that spams healing spells, but to know that I'm almost cheating the game with the whole healing thing when it's unfair to everyone else without a pet like that?! Now, I'm not suggesting any dramatic changes to may cast healing spells, I'm suggesting to change the chances of a pet may casting healing spells. Some pets spam the healing spells, and some do it on a normal, regular basis like a normal may cast spell should. I don't know if the different may cast healing spells have different percentages of may casting, but I'm pretty sure they do. If so, they should definitely change all of the percentages to a good normal rate of the spells may casting. That way, you could still depend on your pet to heal sometimes, but not all the time, while all making it fair for everyone else. That way everyone, with or without a may cast healing pet, is happy.

Survivor
May 20, 2013
I believe the only way to fight fire is with fire. I don't think it's unfair at all for someone to have such an awesome pet, but the only way to beat them is by having a pet with such awesomeness. PVP in wizard101 is about a battle between stronger and weak and by having a pet with such abilities may make you stronger, and that's fair.
In fact for me, the harder the opponent the better the challenge and the more fun I have!

Keep Adventuring!!!

Survivor
Oct 07, 2013
Storm Damage on Aug 20, 2016 wrote:
Yes, May Cast Healing spells are great if you get them on your pet. It's wonderful for you, and for everyone if they just do it every once in awhile. But sometimes they do it way too often, can be extremely unfair, and if you think about it, your pet may just be a bit too powerful than you really thought.

Especially in PvP, a spamming may cast healing pet, can just be a hazard to the other team. Now you might be thinking, "But healing spells are great for you, and can help you in crucial situations when your about to die!" Yes, yes, I know. But every opposite team just dreads the moment when your this close to killing someone, when all of the sudden, their pet casts Sprite or Pixie, two, or three times in a row. Which pretty much makes things twice as hard for you or your team, and pretty much might make you lose just because of their pet. Not only that, wizards without a pet like so, don't have anything to count on if they are close to dying when they are soloing something.

And come on, we all have that moment when someone on your team, whether it's PvP or not, casts their usual Sprites, while you're about to die, they just sit there congratulating their pet like they never have before. Some people seem to brag about their pet, and some people act like it's nothing, like their pet does it all the time. But in your heart, you're dreading their pet.

Not only that, people that do have this kind of pet, they are at least a little overpowered than the rest of everyone else at their level that doesn't have a pet like theirs. We all know that there're only two objectives in every battle of Wizard101. And that's killing the opponent, and keeping yourself alive. So pretty much people that have a spamming healing pet, really only have to worry about one objective, which makes them one step ahead of everyone else.

Also, people with these pets literally almost have a mini life wizard following them around everywhere they go! Now how fair does it sound to other wizards knowing that you have a mini life wizard healing you like there's no tomorrow?!

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a pet that spams healing spells, but to know that I'm almost cheating the game with the whole healing thing when it's unfair to everyone else without a pet like that?! Now, I'm not suggesting any dramatic changes to may cast healing spells, I'm suggesting to change the chances of a pet may casting healing spells. Some pets spam the healing spells, and some do it on a normal, regular basis like a normal may cast spell should. I don't know if the different may cast healing spells have different percentages of may casting, but I'm pretty sure they do. If so, they should definitely change all of the percentages to a good normal rate of the spells may casting. That way, you could still depend on your pet to heal sometimes, but not all the time, while all making it fair for everyone else. That way everyone, with or without a may cast healing pet, is happy.
Although I get your point, I don't think it should be readjusted, your pet may never cast one healing spell for 10 games straight and if you have a may cast pet, that almost renders it useless. You might as well go for damage instead or resistance. You could have damage or critical instead of may cast it's your choice. You might have a little life wizard around you but people who focuses on damage and critical could help you win the game also. To be honest, I don't think may cast is an issue for pvp or pets in general it's the spells and going first or second.