Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Duels and Gaunlets Fail

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 06, 2012
So when wizard101 decided to have a sale, I took advantage. I bought Winterbane and Pagoda. I also decided to buy each gauntlet and duel thinking that they were reusable like every other dungeon, etc. I decided to try it out. Pop comes a warning stating that these were only one shot. So I just spent MY HARD EARNED MONEY on some stupid ganulets. It came with no warning whatsoever. I already contacted Kingisle about the situation, hoping to get my crowns back and have not heard back from them. They will most likely say it is might falt somehow and steal my money. I am extremely diapointed with the way things are run in Wizard101. So far this is one more reason why I should quit the game.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
It says One-Shot Dungeon in the name I thought. You should always be careful when making crowns purchases. Use a little skepticism... "Why are these so much cheaper than the other gauntlets and offered through a different medium?" I whole-heartedly agree though that these are a waste of money and a bit deceptive. Perhaps they could include a warning when purchasing them. Perhaps you can get your money back, but if KI chooses not to do so then that is their choice and I fully respect them for declining (if you get yours back is everyone who ever bought something going to get a refund for that? I don't think it is a good use of KI's resources to try and backtrack over everything like that.) Again though, they didn't "steal" your money. You have already given it to them and chose to purchase the gauntlets (even if you didn't entirely know what they were a quick google search may have saved you some heartache). If it's any consolation the One-Shot Gauntlets do offer some pretty amazing gear and items upon their completion and are quite a challenge. Good luck.

Explorer
Feb 10, 2012
It is your fault. You should have done your research before buying them.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Sugatan178 on Aug 15, 2016 wrote:
So when wizard101 decided to have a sale, I took advantage. I bought Winterbane and Pagoda. I also decided to buy each gauntlet and duel thinking that they were reusable like every other dungeon, etc. I decided to try it out. Pop comes a warning stating that these were only one shot. So I just spent MY HARD EARNED MONEY on some stupid ganulets. It came with no warning whatsoever. I already contacted Kingisle about the situation, hoping to get my crowns back and have not heard back from them. They will most likely say it is might falt somehow and steal my money. I am extremely diapointed with the way things are run in Wizard101. So far this is one more reason why I should quit the game.
Strange... Housing gauntlets from bundles are not normally one-shot gauntlets. They're normally re-playable like many dungeons & gauntlets. I don't think the same ones that are bought from the Crowns Shop while the sale's going should be programmed to be like the one-shot housing gauntlets.

Perhaps you should talk to KingsIsle about that. They may know what's going on.

Explorer
Jan 19, 2014
Hey. It's your fault that you bought every single one without checking or using one first. It was a foolish move on your part and you are just looking for people to blame for it. Those 500 crown gauntles aren't going to damage your wallet, and for all we know. That money wasn't hard earned. You either just did a few chores for it or you took your parent's credit card. That or you're an adult that works and makes $10 an hour that you can repay easy.

Don't call anyone else out if you are the one who clicked "buy" several times. (x_x) It's just a little money with those one shots, move on. No need to get upset because you wasted your own crowns and money and quit the game. I'm sorry that you feel the need to quit a game after something goes wrong or you mess up on your own part.

Since you are quitting like you said *Another reason to quit the game* I hope you find a game willing to refund you $10 for you buying something you didn't know what it was. Also I don't see why you clicking the button "buy" is the only fun in the game and that one slip-up (several others for what I know) makes your game experience awful and threaten to quit.

I myself have gotten mad over things but I realize it's best to move past it and play the game which has many great other features

I hope you rethink your message and realize it's your own money and your own fault

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Just to be clear, you're not talking about Winterbane and Pagoda being one shot, right?

The others have always been one shot. That's why they're so cheap. It even specifically mentions that the dungeons are one shot on the main page advertising the sale:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/houseapalooza2016

As for the other two gauntlets, that's why they were separated from Pagoda and Winterbane and put on the same line as the one shot dungeons. Even if you didn't know that's the reason why, you can easily find that information with a tiny bit of research:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:Baddle_of_the_Bands#axzz4HS5RrDcb
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:Tanglewood_Terror#axzz4HS5RrDcb

KI hasn't stolen anything from you. I'm sorry that you feel cheated, but that's what those dungeons and gauntlets have always been. You've been playing this game since before these dungeons were launched. Unless you took a break for over a year and never paid attention to the details regarding any of the game updates during that time, I'm not sure how you didn't know what they were before you bought them. They've been out for quite some time now, and it has never been a secret that they are one shot.

It'll be generous of KI if they refund your Crowns and reverse the purchase, and you should be quite appreciative if they do. It is your responsibility to understand what you're purchasing. The fact that you bought 7 dungeons/gauntlets for 2,450 Crowns, and Winterbane and Pagoda both cost 7,500 Crowns each should have at minimum compelled you to at least contemplate, "Why are these seven so cheap compared to those other two? I can buy 21 of these for less than the price of one on those. Maybe I should look into this."

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
One shots have been out for almost a year now. How the didn't you know what one shots were? IMO it is your fault for not knowing. I'm not trying to sound harsh but you shoulda did more research in it. You can also find a group and do it because the gear that rattlebones and krokopatra drops is really really good

Survivor
Jul 06, 2012
Thank you for all the replies. To clarify some of them I am not talking about Winterbane and Pagoda. I am almost an adult and have my own bank account, etc. I did take a break for over a year, (2015) and didn't know about them. It never said one shot in the name, it just said ganulets/duel, etc. When I stated, "Another reason to quit" I had another problem with Kingisle and got muted as a result. I understand it is my fault, like everything is these days and I should have done more reasearch. They have yet to reply back to me or send me a notification stating they got my email, it was nice waking up to a bunch of replies stating " It's your fault..."

Explorer
Jan 19, 2014
I'm sorry to be mean about it, but it is your fault though, you can't deny that. Kingsisle has never given money back and never will. It's just a thing to accept, You accidently wasted your money on dungeons. It's not much money and move on, It's natural for everybody to slip up. It's best to shove it under the rug and do something else