Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

this will solve going 2nd forever

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 05, 2013
So many are mad that they go last thier like "we would've won if we gone 1st no way" but this idea will change going 2nd forever.

So going 2nd has always been a problem, 2nd is predictable 1st is unpredictable, note that 1 power pip is obviously not enough for the fairness of going last. So lets get down to the point of what my idea is to fix PVP forever

So if you go first, 2nd still gets an extra power pip, but when the last person on the team thats going first is done, start a new round and let 2nd go first. When 2nd's last person is done casting his spell, start a new round and then 1st goes. However, when first's last person is done attacking, a powerpip/pip is not added when 2nd's round goes. What do you think about my idea?

please post KI some reason this didn't go through last time :D

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
brilliant idea amiright:3
i can't believe anyone thought of this!

Survivor
Nov 08, 2015
genius this help a lot thank you so much!

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
I can explain to you why this will do more harm than good. Let's call the side going first in the first round: Team A and the side going second in the first round: Team B. I'll be using a 4v4 Level 110 match as an example because it would be the most broken of all the different "v"s with this system you're proposing.

So for the first Round, Team A and Team B chooses their cards. Team A knows that for the next Round, they will be going second and so they prepare for such. Shielding, Defensive Auras etc etc. because they need to be prepared for what Team B is going to do to them. On the other hand, Team B knows that for the Round after this selection, they will be going first. In fact, they will be going twice: 2nd for Round 1 and then immediately 1st for Round 2. With this knowledge, they prepare an Offense for the very next Round; Blades, Traps, Globals, Damage/Pierce Auras because they know Team A won't be able to do anything about it. They can't Squall, Earthquake, Smokescreen or do any kind of other debuffs until after Team B goes... twice.

So now it's Round 2, Team A has prepared their defense and Team B has prepared their Offense. But because it is a new Round, everyone gets an additional Power Pip, but because Team B was 2nd in the 1st Round and this is Level 110 PvP, everyone on Team B has 8-9 Pips and their hitters more than likely have at least one blade. What does this mean? The squishy hitters on Team A are very unlikely to survive the Round and if Team B was smart and focused more damage onto Team A's Supports, they'll fall too and from that point Team B loses almost guaranteed.

Or Team B doesn't even need to go all Offensive, the sheer benefit of going TWICE before your enemy allows them to lockdown Team A with all the right dispels and Globals before hitting the next round with the Pips they got back from the dispel they just used.

So we go from 1st turn advantage to 2nd turn advantage and all matches last 3 rounds tops. 10/10

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
I definitely agree with BlueGnome with the main reason being that the people in these matches will be going twice in a row. There probably is some idea out there that could make PVP more even for the person going second.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
Meant to say "Team A will lose almost guaranteed"

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Been proposed before. All this does is guarantee whoever goes second always wins. Max level, first player has 5 pips and one cast, second player has 9 pips and two casts.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
DevinSkullStone on Aug 11, 2016 wrote:
So many are mad that they go last thier like "we would've won if we gone 1st no way" but this idea will change going 2nd forever.

So going 2nd has always been a problem, 2nd is predictable 1st is unpredictable, note that 1 power pip is obviously not enough for the fairness of going last. So lets get down to the point of what my idea is to fix PVP forever

So if you go first, 2nd still gets an extra power pip, but when the last person on the team thats going first is done, start a new round and let 2nd go first. When 2nd's last person is done casting his spell, start a new round and then 1st goes. However, when first's last person is done attacking, a powerpip/pip is not added when 2nd's round goes. What do you think about my idea?

wouldn't matter and I do like idea but wouldn't matter most people complain as to much order and rules because even did chance pvp wouldn't matter and most people would be "set" unless Kingsisle does something with dispel (if not) no point of chancing it but what about shadow magic and diego tournament opinion to choice of a winner!

Survivor
Aug 30, 2016
first comment is this ideal is bad ideal
second comment is the guy who explain why is right
third comment is a way it maybe could be fix I have seen that it always go in a clock wise crical so what if instead it was like one person gose from the team each turn that way all player would get a chance to ether A stop a attack or B defend enough to block kinda like one vs one say the first guy on team 2 got the first round so he gose first but after his turn it gose to team B and let the first guy on there team cast then switchs again to team 2 then the second guy gets to go then it would keep switch back and forth to let everyone have a chance and to fix the ranking steyem maybe making were it only gose 5 levels above your current level that way player don't get to powerful oppents while doing rank.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
BlueGnome on Aug 27, 2016 wrote:
I can explain to you why this will do more harm than good. Let's call the side going first in the first round: Team A and the side going second in the first round: Team B. I'll be using a 4v4 Level 110 match as an example because it would be the most broken of all the different "v"s with this system you're proposing.

So for the first Round, Team A and Team B chooses their cards. Team A knows that for the next Round, they will be going second and so they prepare for such. Shielding, Defensive Auras etc etc. because they need to be prepared for what Team B is going to do to them. On the other hand, Team B knows that for the Round after this selection, they will be going first. In fact, they will be going twice: 2nd for Round 1 and then immediately 1st for Round 2. With this knowledge, they prepare an Offense for the very next Round; Blades, Traps, Globals, Damage/Pierce Auras because they know Team A won't be able to do anything about it. They can't Squall, Earthquake, Smokescreen or do any kind of other debuffs until after Team B goes... twice.

So now it's Round 2, Team A has prepared their defense and Team B has prepared their Offense. But because it is a new Round, everyone gets an additional Power Pip, but because Team B was 2nd in the 1st Round and this is Level 110 PvP, everyone on Team B has 8-9 Pips and their hitters more than likely have at least one blade. What does this mean? The squishy hitters on Team A are very unlikely to survive the Round and if Team B was smart and focused more damage onto Team A's Supports, they'll fall too and from that point Team B loses almost guaranteed.

Or Team B doesn't even need to go all Offensive, the sheer benefit of going TWICE before your enemy allows them to lockdown Team A with all the right dispels and Globals before hitting the next round with the Pips they got back from the dispel they just used.

So we go from 1st turn advantage to 2nd turn advantage and all matches last 3 rounds tops. 10/10
??? logic?

so basically i said that when 1st is done a new round starts, no new pips are added. When the last person on 2nd is done casting his spell, the round resets and 1st starts a new round again, and merry go round. when did I say 2nd goes first 2 times?

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
DevinSkullStone on Aug 11, 2016 wrote:

oops sorry i actually did, actually when 2nd is done add a new round and new pips sry

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
PvP would just break in half. Going twice in a row shouldn't ever be a thing in PvP.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
!!! what did i say !!! That was a typo sorry I didn't mean for 2nd to go first 2 times i never realized that lol sorry

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
No one should be going twice in a row.