Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Character Talents and 'Personal' spells

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 05, 2010
This idea would implement a chart where as you level up (for example, at level 1, 10, 15, 25, 40, etc.) you get to choose from 3 talents which can range from boosts to your base stats (your stats without any gear on), or a different effect on your 'personal spell'. Similar to when choosing your pet's talents.

This personal spell's effect can have a variety of effects based on what you picked on your talent chart, but you can only have at most 2 or 3 different talents picked from the talent chart (for balancing reasons).

Later, you can use gold or crowns to re-pick your talents.

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
Herald of Darkness on Aug 11, 2016 wrote:
This idea would implement a chart where as you level up (for example, at level 1, 10, 15, 25, 40, etc.) you get to choose from 3 talents which can range from boosts to your base stats (your stats without any gear on), or a different effect on your 'personal spell'. Similar to when choosing your pet's talents.

This personal spell's effect can have a variety of effects based on what you picked on your talent chart, but you can only have at most 2 or 3 different talents picked from the talent chart (for balancing reasons).

Later, you can use gold or crowns to re-pick your talents.
So basically you want to take the SWTOR approach and add sublclasses. Although I like choosing where you want your base stats and passive abilities to improve in theory, its sounds too complicated to implement. And as for talents, what do you mean? The schools already kind of have this. Storm is high damage low health, ice is high health high resist. Myth is kind of just middle. It sounds a little too fine tuned to actually be worth implementing. As for a personal spell effect, I have no idea where to even start with that. I feel like people would just fall into their school roles. Storm would just do the damage effect or something.