Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Strobe Light Effect

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 15, 2013
So I don't play the game for a couple of days and come back to a malfunctioning screen. It's weird, the best way I can describe it is that the game goes into a strange multi-colored strobe light effect screen. One moment I'm playing the game and can see everything just fine, the next it's strobe lights. I can move around but I can't see where I'm going. Sometimes it takes up the entire screen, other times it's just part of the screen. When I open the spell book, I see the pages within it just fine and the strobe effect is going on behind it. The only way I can get rid of it is if I press the Windows button on my keyboard, then pull up the page for the game. But that seems to be getting less and less effective. I eventually had to quit the game. I haven't changed anything on my end, no updates and I'm running Win7. Also when I first logged into the game, at one point the book, compass and buttons in the lower right corner all disappeared. I could click on where the book normally is and it would open with no problems. I just couldn't see any images down there. Eventually that corrected itself when I pressed the Windows button. This is the first time I've ever had this problem since I've been playing, so I'm really lost on what could be causing it. Anyone else getting this?

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
It sounds a bit like perhaps a bad video card or maybe an out of date video driver issue, but to be sure, you should contact our Customer Support and asking for more help identifying the problem. They might ask you to supply them with a DXDiag file to further identify the issue.

Email: support@wizard101.com
Wb: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game