Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Remove side quests?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 24, 2013
Someday I would like to have the option to remove side quests that I may have added accidentally and never went back to or when a new player didn't realize that was not required. With the new addition of the Quest Finder button, this would allow us to have a clean quest book with just required quests or just the quests that I want to do. I know it seems trivial but thanks and happy questing! And on a second note regarding required main quests. Having a mark on them or a different color box showing they are the main ones would be great. I played for over a year before someone told me how to tell the difference between a main quest and a side quest, other than following the storyline.

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
I would love that feature! I personally just went and got a membership and beat them all. I think I confused some KI support because on of the krok dungeons didn't have a working interact button. I was doing it at like level 70 and they said I already completed the quest, but eventually just skipped me through that part and let me finish it. Anyways, accepting a quest would be nice.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2013
Regrading accepting the quests, the main quest gives only the accept button and side quests give the option to deny. This I didn't know until much later in the game. I was actually portraying when looking at the quests as a whole, it would be nice if it could be viewed quickly which one is a side and which one is my main, by the color or different icons on the quest.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
sry dude i made this thread a while ago and gamma told me it wasn't a possibilty

Survivor
Oct 08, 2013
I totally agree! Whenever I was out of quests in the beginning it told me to get membership so instead I just added a million side quests to my list and now they won't go away and doing them will take forever!

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
The closest thing to avoiding side quests is to first identify them. If you get to the end of the starting quest dialogue and there is only the "back" and "done" buttons with no third button along the bottom of the dialogue box, then it is a side quest. At this point, press escape and hit "quit" to get to the character login screen again. When you enter back into the same character, it will be like the conversation never happened and you can make a mental note to avoid talking to that npc until you're ready to do the side quest.

However, I am always mystified as to why anyone would want to discard their side quests. It is only to your advantage to do these ASAP. You gain levels faster and are better prepared for the current storyline objectives.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
They won't and shouldn't add this option. They have said it repeatedly. Don't accept them if you don't want to do them. It's your choice and then your responsibility. Side quests give you the option to deny them.

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
Starblood653 on Aug 9, 2016 wrote:
The closest thing to avoiding side quests is to first identify them. If you get to the end of the starting quest dialogue and there is only the "back" and "done" buttons with no third button along the bottom of the dialogue box, then it is a side quest. At this point, press escape and hit "quit" to get to the character login screen again. When you enter back into the same character, it will be like the conversation never happened and you can make a mental note to avoid talking to that npc until you're ready to do the side quest.

However, I am always mystified as to why anyone would want to discard their side quests. It is only to your advantage to do these ASAP. You gain levels faster and are better prepared for the current storyline objectives.
Some side quests are worth your time and prepare you better, take Wintertusk for example, I know quite a few people who just skipped that whole area while I had a new spell and gear and a nice level cushion to go through Celestia. Unfortunatly, a lot of sidequests are kind of just filler if you need a bit more gold or xp, which is the definition of a side quest to be fair. It sounds like this won't get done because it is not in KI's vision, but it would be nice to be able remove some quests from your quest log.

For instance, as a young foolish kid I accepted all the side quests, I basically did crowns for a few more worlds and as a teen got a membership. By that time I was in Avalon or something and I had these random things to do that were not worth my time in Krok that I never did because it wasn't worth my crowns. So yes, I did a clean up day, but I ended up having to explain to a very confused Mr.Lincoln why I was stuck on a non-working interact button in a dungeon 1/4 my level that I had beaten before because I was trying to clean up my quest log. In the end they made it better but for my particular situation, just being able to remove some side quests would have been a lot nicer. Its a minor thing though so I'm completely fine with them just doing what they're doing.