Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What to train after level 42?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 21, 2016
I just got to level 42, I'm a death wizard with life as my secondary (I also have a handy life mastery amulet). I have 4 training points currently and I'm wondering if I should save them for the astral spells later on, or should I go on to a 3rd school? I don't really know which school would be best if so, and I don't exactly have a preference for any of them. Ice is a little weak for my taste, balance and fire are alright but not very special, storm and myth fizzle so often it would drive me insane to use them. On top of that, the idea of spending all my training points to get one spell is really unappealing to me, personally. Should I just stick with the spells I have now or would a 3rd school be a good idea?

Advice would be much appreciated

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Death doesn't really need a secondary school, especially at your level and onwards. If you can afford it (or just wait and get a membership during training point buyback benefits), I would recommend buying back training points and saving them. Since death is pretty self-sufficient, especially once you get Crow, you shouldn't need much more than spirit blades/traps from the balance tree in KT, tower shield if you really want it, various school shields from the fairegrounds in WC (I especially like storm shield), reshuffle from Colossus Blvd and stun block from Diego. I always found that secondary schools weren't worth the cost of the pips and certainly weren't worth the cost of a mastery amulet. I had a storm mastery amulet from WW and tried using storm spells, but it just wasn't worth it to me when I could cast health drain spells that healed me instead.

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
I would save for astral stuff. (Unless you want tower from ice) which isn't super useful once you get higher.

Survivor
Oct 16, 2010
Save them for Astral Spells, specifically the Sun school and Star school. Also if you are into PvP I'd recommend getting the Tower Shield from Professor Greyrose as it is very useful to negate large portions of damage. Furthermore I wouldn't go past the Satyr spell for Life as it is the only useful one later on in the game and you won't really need it considering how you're a Necromancer - Death Wizard.

Survivor
May 21, 2016
Thanks for the tips guys! And yeah, death is my favorite because of how independent it is - I can usually take on bosses and dungeons without any help from others which I can't do on any of my other wizards (fire and storm). I've already trained all the life spells, and I probably won't bother to get my training points back just because I really like the life spells. Its a lot more convenient than having to wait for a prism to pop up in my deck to get around death resistances. Not to mention, with all the healing spells, I can heal my teammates and I can usually just outlast my opponents in PVP! I also trained the reshuffle and lifetrap from the secret trainer, and a death shield from the fairgrounds. I haven't gotten stun block yet but now that you guys mention it, I really should get it.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
AngelDeathDust on Jul 28, 2016 wrote:
Thanks for the tips guys! And yeah, death is my favorite because of how independent it is - I can usually take on bosses and dungeons without any help from others which I can't do on any of my other wizards (fire and storm). I've already trained all the life spells, and I probably won't bother to get my training points back just because I really like the life spells. Its a lot more convenient than having to wait for a prism to pop up in my deck to get around death resistances. Not to mention, with all the healing spells, I can heal my teammates and I can usually just outlast my opponents in PVP! I also trained the reshuffle and lifetrap from the secret trainer, and a death shield from the fairgrounds. I haven't gotten stun block yet but now that you guys mention it, I really should get it.
If your issue is waiting for prisms to come up, have you considered rearranging your deck? It's very rare that I ever have more than 4 of each spell in my deck, even for boss fights. For mob fights, which is like 90% of my fights these days, I carry 4 death blades, 4 sharpen blades and 4 virulence (both astral spells you'll learn in AZ), 4 lulu, 2 crow, 4 colossal and, when necessary, 4 prisms. I don't have any issues with prisms not showing up when I use this setup.