Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

what to change in PVP(what would work)?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 05, 2013
Say, what do you think would work the best to make pvp fair once and for all?
noob: that i should always go first and have 5x damage multiplier damage because i glitch in pvp.
No I was thinking of some ways to clear some stuff up that makes people think that pvp is "unfair". There are many solutions I summed up that could work. what would you suggest?

1st. Going first(seriously whats with all this stuff)
Ok here are some things that could make things fair in PVP with going 1st
1. Jades and Warlords( if your a private going up against warlord or jade ) should always go last. People with more than 2 jade products in their inventory should always go last. This will stop the rage of jades and warlords always going first

2. In 4V4, the team with the highest level all added up should go last. Like if TEAM:A lvl60, lvl 78, lvl 100, lvl 67, and if TEAM:B Had lvl 50 lvl 80, lvl 60, and lvl 70, then TEAM B should go first.

2nd. The dispel spammers
Dispel spammers are notorious for spamming dispels, immobilizing the attacker, and wasting his pips
Ok here are some things that could make things fair in PVP with dispel spammers
1. Make dispels not waste the pips of the attacker, because if dispel spammers go 1st, they make it way unfair.
2. Add a dispel block for every time someone gets dispelled. If it happens to times when the guy gets dispelled when the dispel block gets wasted, then add an extra 1+ dispel block. And so on
3. Make dispels 3 or 4 pips
3rd. The Plague Spammers
These people spam Virulent Plague and Plague. Sometimes death students save up 3 pips, spam the virulent plague they earn from their quest, and then the next round get another power pip and then cast the TC version of the virulent plague to add up to 85%-damage. This is also notorious if these guys go first.
Ok here are some things that could make things fair in PVP with the Plague Spammers
1. Virulent Plague should be 5 pips. Plague should be 3 pips.
2. Virulent Plague would be maybe 30%- attack and plague to be 10%
3. Make Virulent Plague NO PVP. Plague is ok i guess

4. Critical and Critical Block
Critical and Critical block have been making lot of people mad because of their "bad luck". BROS unite!
Ok here are some things that could make things fair in PVP with critical and critical block
1. If the Critical rating is 1.5x bigger than the critical block, then the critical block won't block
2. Critical block on gear needs to be buffed lvl 60-80.
3. Add up the critical rating. If you have 43% chance to crit on a balance spell, if you don't critical, then increase the multiplier to critical by chance by 1.5%, until critical, then the gauge will be reset.

Ok I want to hear what you think about the things listed today and the options of what could change. Thanks for reading this.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I have no particular solution that I am in support of for the Turn issue. I know it can be a problem, but I'm not sure the best way to resolve it.

2. Dispels. I don't care what you PVP people say. Dispels should NOT have a pip increase. You should be able to anticipate their move or carry some Cleanse TC with you. Use an off school spell, Wand it off or whatever. Dispels have been part of the game for a very long time and I don't think that just because you don't win a PVP match that means we need to up the pip cost of all these spells.

3. Plague: sounds like someone needs to make a death wizard. Wand it off. (I know that doesn't help Balance people) but just wand it off.

4. Every other post in PVP is about Critical hit and Block. If you read the current Test Realm Update notes you will see that they are making some adjustments regarding Critical.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
exp613 on Jul 22, 2016 wrote:
I have no particular solution that I am in support of for the Turn issue. I know it can be a problem, but I'm not sure the best way to resolve it.

2. Dispels. I don't care what you PVP people say. Dispels should NOT have a pip increase. You should be able to anticipate their move or carry some Cleanse TC with you. Use an off school spell, Wand it off or whatever. Dispels have been part of the game for a very long time and I don't think that just because you don't win a PVP match that means we need to up the pip cost of all these spells.

3. Plague: sounds like someone needs to make a death wizard. Wand it off. (I know that doesn't help Balance people) but just wand it off.

4. Every other post in PVP is about Critical hit and Block. If you read the current Test Realm Update notes you will see that they are making some adjustments regarding Critical.
2. dispels are a problem because if you go second and your first to attack, then you stand no chance. I was in 4v4 match and the attacker was a life student who went second and attacked second. 2 jade trolls casted 2 life dispels on her and the 1st person on the second round used cleanse and removed 1 but then all the pips get wasted

3. Plague: if you go second against these guys, your dead, its a serious issue.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
DevinSkullStone on Jul 22, 2016 wrote:
Say, what do you think would work the best to make pvp fair once and for all?
noob: that i should always go first and have 5x damage multiplier damage because i glitch in pvp.
No I was thinking of some ways to clear some stuff up that makes people think that pvp is "unfair". There are many solutions I summed up that could work. what would you suggest?

1st. Going first(seriously whats with all this stuff)
Ok here are some things that could make things fair in PVP with going 1st
1. Jades and Warlords( if your a private going up against warlord or jade ) should always go last. People with more than 2 jade products in their inventory should always go last. This will stop the rage of jades and warlords always going first

2. In 4V4, the team with the highest level all added up should go last. Like if TEAM:A lvl60, lvl 78, lvl 100, lvl 67, and if TEAM:B Had lvl 50 lvl 80, lvl 60, and lvl 70, then TEAM B should go first.

2nd. The dispel spammers
Dispel spammers are notorious for spamming dispels, immobilizing the attacker, and wasting his pips
Ok here are some things that could make things fair in PVP with dispel spammers
1. Make dispels not waste the pips of the attacker, because if dispel spammers go 1st, they make it way unfair.
2. Add a dispel block for every time someone gets dispelled. If it happens to times when the guy gets dispelled when the dispel block gets wasted, then add an extra 1+ dispel block. And so on
3. Make dispels 3 or 4 pips
3rd. The Plague Spammers
These people spam Virulent Plague and Plague. Sometimes death students save up 3 pips, spam the virulent plague they earn from their quest, and then the next round get another power pip and then cast the TC version of the virulent plague to add up to 85%-damage. This is also notorious if these guys go first.
Ok here are some things that could make things fair in PVP with the Plague Spammers
1. Virulent Plague should be 5 pips. Plague should be 3 pips.
2. Virulent Plague would be maybe 30%- attack and plague to be 10%
3. Make Virulent Plague NO PVP. Plague is ok i guess

4. Critical and Critical Block
Critical and Critical block have been making lot of people mad because of their "bad luck". BROS unite!
Ok here are some things that could make things fair in PVP with critical and critical block
1. If the Critical rating is 1.5x bigger than the critical block, then the critical block won't block
2. Critical block on gear needs to be buffed lvl 60-80.
3. Add up the critical rating. If you have 43% chance to crit on a balance spell, if you don't critical, then increase the multiplier to critical by chance by 1.5%, until critical, then the gauge will be reset.

Ok I want to hear what you think about the things listed today and the options of what could change. Thanks for reading this.
I don't why keep right these know (don't think never change) beside not in baby world anymore (time for some new thing others people new to get use too!