Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why doesn't anyone like Moon Magic?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 07, 2011
So what is wrong with Moon Magic?

Why doesn't anyone like it?

I personally like the idea of changing into someone. After all, if you check the Wizard101 Update Notes, you will read about the Astral schools,and Moon magic does sound like the coolest and the most powerful.

So why does no one like it?

I also find it so challenging dueling an enemy of my own school and shifting into my opposite school does sound helpful.

So please post bellow why Moon Magic isn't great and what could make it better.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Well Moon Magic is fun, but it's not very useful because often times your Stats (health, damage, etc.) are worse than when you are just yourself. I mean yeah you can maybe turn into a Storm Cat Bandit, but when I have an Ice Blade, Ice Blade Item Card, Sharpened Ice Blade Card and TC Ice Blade (and more) that damage is quickly negated. Their window of use is very limited. Which is sad, because they are fun to play with!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's almost always better using your own school. When you shift to another school you have no boosts like you have for your own school.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
Many people don't like that when you polymorph, you lose the stats on your wizard and instead use stats that are given to you. Usually people have better stats that those of the card and the cards usually have low health. As for shift spells, they are useful but they cost pips that can't be used by power pips.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
buzz123432 on Jul 21, 2016 wrote:
So what is wrong with Moon Magic?

Why doesn't anyone like it?

I personally like the idea of changing into someone. After all, if you check the Wizard101 Update Notes, you will read about the Astral schools,and Moon magic does sound like the coolest and the most powerful.

So why does no one like it?

I also find it so challenging dueling an enemy of my own school and shifting into my opposite school does sound helpful.

So please post bellow why Moon Magic isn't great and what could make it better.
Moon magic is a great tool; as in the reasons you have stated above.

I think the reason that people don't like it so much is that you are pretty much restricted in which spells are available to you.

Say you poly into the fire draconian, facing an ice boss you are in a good position. Then BAM!

A critical hit goes through and your super low on health o.o But since you changed yourself and your deck, no healing spells are available to you. Ah snap!

It is helpful to use them, but not practical in situations that can cost your survivability when things go bad.

Just using your normal form where you have access to all kinds of spells and treasure cards is the simplier option, in most cases of course. Not to mention definitely post Avalon.

Although I find the shift spells given in Khrysalis to be useful They are only active on your turn and give nice bonuses.

Perhaps there is hope for the moon school yet.