Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gear Trade

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 06, 2010
You know how you can trade treasure cards with other friends on Wizard101?
Well I was thinking what if we had a gear trade! Where friends could trade; Wands, helms, robes, amulets, etc...

Just like treasure card trades if a person doesn't want to do it they can cancel the trade. So nobody could possibly get taken advantage of and if some farms Darkmoor for hours upon hours and just doesn't get the gear they want and a friend has that gear, they could trade! It won't cut back on time people playing since this is a great game, it'll just make them have a lot more fun.

Even if you don't think its a good idea at first put it in the text realm next update or two and see how people like it. I know I'd love it!!!

-Jeffrey MythFlame

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Sorry to spoil it to you, but KI explicitly said that they wouldn't add things like these.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I think a lot of people would like to see that. A lot don't want to see it at all.

I'm sure we're going to hear all about the reasons why it shouldn't be done. As someone who doesn't care about what other people do with their stuff after they've earned it, I'll never truly understand the contempt and displeasure some people feel seeing others make their own choices.

I mean up until Celestia, none of this existed. Almost all gear was available to be sold to and bought from the Bazaar. Not just garbage gear, but most of the really good stuff. It wasn't until Waterworks that we really started to see this current environment where only the people who can complete the toughest challenges are allowed to have the best gear, if they're lucky enough to get the drops. Remember Ravenscar, when you'd get at least 3 or 4 really good top tier drops every time you fought the Coven? That doesn't happen in dungeons anymore.

Trading with others would be a welcome addition to the game... or better drop rates. Personally I would have gladly given my extra WW gear to people who just weren't getting the drops. I know how many times I ran it to get complete sets (and in some cases still fell short on at least 1 piece with 5 duplicates of another), and helping someone else out who just wants to move on doesn't bother me in the least. I hated being stuck running Waterworks over and over and over again when there was so much other stuff I wanted to be doing.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
See the Rules for more information on this topic. According to the rules your post shouldn't even be approved.