Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

An idea for a new gameplay option

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 19, 2014
I am almost certain it will never happen, 100%, but I wanted to hear if people liked this idea. It would be called Multi-Play. What this allows is for us to select multiple wizards (up to four) on a single account, and play them simultaneously. I feel that this is a somewhat interesting idea for multiple reasons. First, the idea of getting several of my own wizards to all team up and play together sounds very fun, I think we could all agree on that. Second, it would be a handy option if you are playing at a time when not a lot of people are on and you are in a location that is barren of other players. Finally, it would be beneficial to the younger players who struggle on their own, and the more relaxed players not up for the challenges in later worlds, as it eventually gets very difficult to solo.
So far I have managed to think of solutions to many of the problems this idea faces. When you log on, two play buttons appear, the first is the original play button, while the second says multi-play. By clicking on this, you then select up to four wizards off of your account. Gameplay outside of battle is rather simple. In-game, you could click on one of your wizards, and button with the option of "leader" is available. The wizard you pick as your leader is the wizard you control. He/she moves and the others follow behind, essentially as moving NPCs. They are not drawn into battle, only the controlled wizard can. All quests accepted are distributed to all wizards, meaning they must all do the same quests. For school quests, these could either be done in regular, single wizard-mode, or you must control them, get the quest, but then it will not be distributed (all rewards, and xp only go to that wizard). If you enter a single-wizard area, the leader wizard goes in, and the rest are put in idle mode. To buy/change deck/etc. simply take control of the wizard you wish to perform these functions with.
Battles are a little trickier. If you use four, the timer could simply be removed since no one else is waiting on you. Perhaps you cannot play with three, only two, so it does not get overly annoying for soloing players. When selecting cards, my idea is each wizards hand is "stacked", on over the other. Dragging left to right deals with the hand and as you go up and down across the screen you move into a different hand of one of your wizards. If you use four, four different hands will be on the screen. This may seem difficult, but it could add to the gameplay strategy, while also making battling easier. Drops act like each wizard is separate, so drops are distributed among each of your wizards, but only the controlled wizards drops will show up after the battle. Multi-play is banned from PvP.
I do like this idea, and I hope others will. It adds a whole new level of strategy, as you could work to create the perfect wizard team, and train wizards with decks designed perfectly for your team. Please comment your thoughts and suggestions

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I have wanted this option for years. I would love to team up my wizards that are on the same account. I'm pretty sure you're right that it'll never happen, but I would love it.

Defender
Dec 15, 2013
Great idea! This definitely would be a great feature to add to the game