Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Who else has encountered a bully or someone rude?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 07, 2012
Hi,

I'm just wondering, who else has encountered someone acting rude, or acting like a bully? I've been called a noob once in PvP against a PvP Warlord. So, who else has encountered a person like that...?

--Fiona
"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons."
Don't know why a T.S. Eliot quote is here. Just is.

Explorer
May 25, 2011
I have reported people for inappropriate behavior and this one person called me and other people losers. He told me to chill because I was wondering why he said that.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Hi Fiona

I am thinking you will get a lot of responses to your post. I have heard PVP arenas can be breeding grounds for
rudeness and I am sorry you came across that.. If you encounter this, just do your best to ignore it or block the person if you have to. I have been playing this game for just over 4 years and have encountered the greatest people.... but yes, there are some rude players. They are such a small percentage compared to the really nice people it is hardly worth mentioning.... PVP there is just more REASON to be mad then questing or PvE.

But please know you will always have more friends than enemies, in-game there is always someone you can run to (even if you have to check every realm) who can make you laugh and forget about the rude person, outside of the game there is a huge W101 community, these message boards and of course there is Kings Isle. Lots of support and people you can vent to. I hope you can switch realms and avoid these people in the future.

Autumn Wild Heart 110

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Rude folks and bullies exist everywhere; but you never have to accept or tolerate either.

In Wizard 101, what is not acceptable texting behavior?

Our terms for in-game communication with other players will remain the same. Violent and abusive behavior, as well as the exchange of personal information is still not acceptable.
https://www.wizard101.com/w101playersguide/chat-friends2

So a person may be really, really annoying, and not actually display violent or abusive behavior, or ever attempt to exchange personal information with you. However, a really, really annoying person doesn't help make game playing easier, when they don't stop in what they're doing.

Thankfully, it is possible to click on a person's name in text chat, and click ignore or report them. Reporting anyone is an option, but its far better to simply click ignore, and you'll stop seeing what they type displayed. They still be a special, kind of wonderful to other people they text; but at least it won't be you anymore.

Here's to everyone having fun and getting along, as they travel through all the realms in Wizard 101; minus all the bullies and rude behavior.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
I think everyone has encountered a bully or someone rude. What makes you different is how you handle it. Be the bigger person and ignore and report them then move on.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Tylerwildpants on Jul 5, 2016 wrote:
Rude folks and bullies exist everywhere; but you never have to accept or tolerate either.

In Wizard 101, what is not acceptable texting behavior?

Our terms for in-game communication with other players will remain the same. Violent and abusive behavior, as well as the exchange of personal information is still not acceptable.
https://www.wizard101.com/w101playersguide/chat-friends2

So a person may be really, really annoying, and not actually display violent or abusive behavior, or ever attempt to exchange personal information with you. However, a really, really annoying person doesn't help make game playing easier, when they don't stop in what they're doing.

Thankfully, it is possible to click on a person's name in text chat, and click ignore or report them. Reporting anyone is an option, but its far better to simply click ignore, and you'll stop seeing what they type displayed. They still be a special, kind of wonderful to other people they text; but at least it won't be you anymore.

Here's to everyone having fun and getting along, as they travel through all the realms in Wizard 101; minus all the bullies and rude behavior.
"They still be a special, kind of wonderful"

dead.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Mr Talon on Jul 6, 2016 wrote:
"They still be a special, kind of wonderful"

dead.
It was late; I was sleepy...
... and you be special for catching this Mon ;P

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Fiona FairySong on Jul 4, 2016 wrote:
Hi,

I'm just wondering, who else has encountered someone acting rude, or acting like a bully? I've been called a noob once in PvP against a PvP Warlord. So, who else has encountered a person like that...?

--Fiona
"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons."
Don't know why a T.S. Eliot quote is here. Just is.
Unfortunately, bullies and rudeness is not something new. It happens in real life and those same people have carried into the games that we come to in order to have fun and get a break from what is happening in real life.

The PvP arena has proven to be one of the worst places in the game to encounter this kind of action.

There are ways to block those players chat such as using the ignore button or just turning off you chat completely when in the Arena. If you happen to be playing with a team, then use the private chat options and keep the others on ignore.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2013
Oh many many times one time someone even reported me for no reason after a pvp match idk why but it happened and the are people who say stuff like this team is trash after they went on team up they have to work with what they got but yes lots just 2 ex there

Masonduskgem 110

Explorer
Aug 29, 2011
I've faced various Masters and Grandmasters on my Magus Balance. (I'm level 33) And when I beat them, guess what they call me. That's right, a noob. Whether they're private or warlord. I actually once beat a level 47 Warlord and that's one of the very few cases that they didn't call me a noob. People just can't accept defeat. I don't let these things bother me, though. People mainly call me a noob because they think I'm using Judgement TC but it's like, why would I use a tc in practice pvp. I do a lot of practice 1v1