Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What level is for Polaris?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 07, 2012
Hi,

What level do you have to be to go to Polaris? I haven't played in a long time and I'm starting to play once again. Before when I last played there wasn't a "Polaris" and to be honest, I have no idea where Polaris is or anything about it. So, well yeah.

--Fiona
"If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?"
No idea why a T.S. Eliot quote is here... No idea.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
You have to have completed Khrysalis defeating Morganthe which puts you at least at level 100.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Polaris is the start of a third arc, the first two being Malistaire and Morganthe. It's a main storyline world, so you have to finish the lower worlds before you can unlock Polaris.

I'm giving really broad starting level ranges because some folks like to power through on storyline alone and skip side quests, which gets them places at much lower levels ... while others do all the side quests and side worlds and end up reaching much higher levels before unlocking the next world. This is particularly true for Dragonspyre & Celestia.

First Arc
Wizard City (level 1 - 15)
Krokotopia (level 10 - 25)
Marleybone (level 20 - 35)
Mooshu (level 30 - 45)
Dragonspyre (level 35 - 65)

Side Worlds (Not main storyline)
Aquila (reached via Wizard City) (levels 30, 70, 90)
Wysteria (level 20 - 40)
Grizzleheim (levels 20, 25, 35, 40, 45) / Wintertusk (level 45 - 70)
*Note, though not main storyline, Grizzleheim & Wintertusk are required for many school-specific spells & pets, starting with the Mirkholm Keep area at level 35 - you must have entered that area to earn a utility spell at level 35.)

Second Arc
Celestia (level 45 - 70)
Zafaria (level 55 - 75)
Avalon (level 70 - 85)
Azteca (level 75 - 90)
Khrysalis (level 80 - 95)

Third Arc
Polaris (level 90 - 105)
...?
...?
...?
...?

Polaris is a cold, snowy world set near the arctic circle, and based on both the Russian and French revolutions.

Hope that helps!
Alia Misthaven

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Freshta on Jul 5, 2016 wrote:
Polaris is the start of a third arc, the first two being Malistaire and Morganthe. It's a main storyline world, so you have to finish the lower worlds before you can unlock Polaris.

I'm giving really broad starting level ranges because some folks like to power through on storyline alone and skip side quests, which gets them places at much lower levels ... while others do all the side quests and side worlds and end up reaching much higher levels before unlocking the next world. This is particularly true for Dragonspyre & Celestia.

First Arc
Wizard City (level 1 - 15)
Krokotopia (level 10 - 25)
Marleybone (level 20 - 35)
Mooshu (level 30 - 45)
Dragonspyre (level 35 - 65)

Side Worlds (Not main storyline)
Aquila (reached via Wizard City) (levels 30, 70, 90)
Wysteria (level 20 - 40)
Grizzleheim (levels 20, 25, 35, 40, 45) / Wintertusk (level 45 - 70)
*Note, though not main storyline, Grizzleheim & Wintertusk are required for many school-specific spells & pets, starting with the Mirkholm Keep area at level 35 - you must have entered that area to earn a utility spell at level 35.)

Second Arc
Celestia (level 45 - 70)
Zafaria (level 55 - 75)
Avalon (level 70 - 85)
Azteca (level 75 - 90)
Khrysalis (level 80 - 95)

Third Arc
Polaris (level 90 - 105)
...?
...?
...?
...?

Polaris is a cold, snowy world set near the arctic circle, and based on both the Russian and French revolutions.

Hope that helps!
Alia Misthaven
Khrysalis requires level 85 to start according to KI, however it's not really possible unless you skip Grizzleheim and Wintertusk spells. Even then I don't think it is. Skipping all side quests except the ones required for spells, you are level 91 by the end of Azteca and 101-102 by the end of Khrysalis. It's not possible to finish Khrysalis without reaching 100. The XP for storyline quests is too high to make it possible.

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Fiona FairySong on Jul 4, 2016 wrote:
Hi,

What level do you have to be to go to Polaris? I haven't played in a long time and I'm starting to play once again. Before when I last played there wasn't a "Polaris" and to be honest, I have no idea where Polaris is or anything about it. So, well yeah.

--Fiona
"If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?"
No idea why a T.S. Eliot quote is here... No idea.
You have to defeat Morganthe (end of Khrysalis) to get to Polaris. I believe the level is 95, but that's basically impossible because the XP in Khrysalis should carry you to at least 100.

Angela Gem, 110
Katie GoldFountain, 110
Nicole StarSmith, 62

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Before you worry about Polaris, since you've been away, go back to all the previous worlds and use quest finder. Do all the quests you've missed. Do crab alley, grizzlhiem, wintertusk, wysteria and get all your school quests and pets you probably missed.

THEN go on forward from wherever you are currently at. Polaris will take care of itself and you'll be in good shape for it when you get there.