Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 130 School rankings for June 2, 2020

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
I recorded data for the top ranked one hundred and four players on the leaderboard and counted how many from each school were represented. I am frequently mistaken, so of course, feel free to check my results.

It seems that the school of Ice is dominating, Balance, Fire and Storm are doing okay, while the Spirit schools are struggling.

Ice: 37
Balance: 16
Fire: 13
Storm: 12
Life: 10
Death: 8
Myth: 8

Total: 104.

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
KI needs to do some balancing and buff some of the weaker schools so we can have a more equal representation. If they do they should strengthen what the school is already known for. For example giving storm more damage rather than defence because that's what it's known for. If you give storm more bulk making it more rounded in everything it loses its uniqueness .

Another thing to keep in mind is that the results may be affected by popularity as well as the strength of the school. From my experience playing myth it's a really good school, just not many players choose it. Maybe KI needs to focus on making cooler myth spells that troll and Cyclops or give them flashier animation. Because essentially your casting ugly monsters

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Liam Swiftwalker on Jun 5, 2020 wrote:
I recorded data for the top ranked one hundred and four players on the leaderboard and counted how many from each school were represented. I am frequently mistaken, so of course, feel free to check my results.

It seems that the school of Ice is dominating, Balance, Fire and Storm are doing okay, while the Spirit schools are struggling.

Ice: 37
Balance: 16
Fire: 13
Storm: 12
Life: 10
Death: 8
Myth: 8

Total: 104.
Leader board Isn't accurate and boosting is still a thing. I'm still seeing players with 50-0 stats and rank numbers not matching up to it.
Judging on my analysis and careful studies your list is somewhat accurate excepts its like:
these are just 1v1 statistics scenarios also its base on average amount played.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Ghost stone on Jun 9, 2020 wrote:
KI needs to do some balancing and buff some of the weaker schools so we can have a more equal representation. If they do they should strengthen what the school is already known for. For example giving storm more damage rather than defence because that's what it's known for. If you give storm more bulk making it more rounded in everything it loses its uniqueness .

Another thing to keep in mind is that the results may be affected by popularity as well as the strength of the school. From my experience playing myth it's a really good school, just not many players choose it. Maybe KI needs to focus on making cooler myth spells that troll and Cyclops or give them flashier animation. Because essentially your casting ugly monsters
Giving that's true, nerfs needs to be applied as well. Buffing everything is just going to create a power creep imbalanced atmosphere where every one sets up to one shot. Not a healthy approach to max pvp and hence its why giving the dire situation on shadows getting nerfs. Scions didn't make it any better and only give benefits to some and not all.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2011
Also, I'm not sure exactly how the leaderboard system works, but I believe many balance wizards on there could have gained their ranks before lore, mana burn, and diffuses got nerfed.