Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Various Beastmoon Bugs

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
I really wish there was better support out. I mean I know I reported a large majority of these a few months ago in Test, but they weren't addressed. Some of these bugs are just obvious based on playing a few matches, so Q&A should definitely be able to reproduce these. A lot of beastmoon bugs that were originally in test realm that have some large impacts (i.e. wisps, ice elf shields acting as traps, negative healing, etc), so it is important to not only test, but resolve them in a timely manner. Q&A has let a lot slip through these past few months, from Crowns pets to game-breaking bugs, and so please spend more time in Q&A.

1) Floating wisps.
2) Negative healing exists. (infection on a heal can damage the player but negative damage doesn't heal)
3) Inconsistencies with getting wisps after dying across maps. Why do you get pips in certain maps during a victory and not others? What about the pips in the red/blue bases?
4) Negative traps stay on after a player dies. This is noticeable when reviving them.
5) Chests clipping into walls.
6) Still a lot of afk players. Still a lot of disconnections randomly. I can't rejoin Bastmoon upon a minor disconnection. Once a teammate is out, it severely penalizes the team.
7) (Probably not a bug) Overtimes do +25 on each tick rather than the +25 total. This makes death vs life and fire vs life a much faster defeat than other opposites.
8) You can still get the +25 bonus with the 100% intercept. Is this intended?
9) Lots of rigid corners that players get caught on.
10) The elemental seed recipe sold by Actean has said "Element Seed" for over a year. I've reported it so often, I wonder if you're reporting system is bugged.
11) I have absolutely no idea how some of the speed boosts work on different maps. Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't. I got a speedboost on the Celestia map from another player's circle.
Then there's also lots of hidden information that makes Beastmoon a steep learning curve. What locations are 3 players and which ones are 2? How many points can a player expect when they win? What triggers a "dominating!" bonus when people are battling in circles? When is a good time to flee? I see too many players never know when to flee because they didn't know they don't get revived after a few rounds. Or that overtimes can't heal you.

There's a lot of balancing that could be done to overall improve Beastmoon, as it is a very fun mode with a lot of great potential. I think some of the major issues can be solved by fixing bugs and rebalancing. I find one of the most demotivating factors is when you're losing, you lose hard. When you win, you usually win big. I've walked out of plenty of games with 2 or 4 event points because we lost a few tough battles. But when I win, I average around 30-40 points but have gotten a few 60s. There's a bigger incentive when you are losing to capture so you get more event points since you know you are going to lose. People also throw matches because the only way to come back in a 40-90 game is to win through battling, which can take a long time. Maybe give players 5 points for completing a match and 10 points for winning? Or maybe just a battling bonus.

Lunari is hard to come by (I've gotten around 12-30 per match, seemingly uncorrelated to my match performance, rather just by losing or winning) and most people rather spend their lunari on upgrading 1 or 2 Beastmoon forms and will refuse to play in a match if they don't have their character. Maybe find a way to encourage getting multiple forms leveled rather than just someone's favorite. Also, allowing people to report players inside or out of a Beastmoon match will be great.

I've had a lot of positive games of Beastmoon, but the worst games are some of the least fun I've had in the game. The rewards outside of Beastmoon are lackluster (though I have gotten a few deer knight tcs from harvesting the plants). Maybe this'll be a good time to add Participation Trophies as a rare drop, get lunari as a rare drop from the plants, or add some spellements too.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2010
I agree with all of the previous mentioned bugs in Beastmoon events. But I will quickly list then because we have been told the more that experience a problem, the more attention it will get.
  • Pip wisps - please either fix them or take them out of the game and have every form not required to need a wisp to play their cards. So much time and frustration was wasted on chasing wisps that were not obtainable.
  • Match count down timer- WHY do I sometimes have to endure the pre-game timer run down to zero, then start all over again? If I am a player in a match, what (?) am I being set aside for a better match of player abilities? OK maybe once - but up to 4 times - get ready to enter, then NOPE go back to the beginning. Am I not worthy to be matched with 5 selections of players?
  • Hard to make hits attach to opponents. Yes in some it is you have to click the name tag above the head. But often, especially with the first position it just shows "X " no matter how hard you try to get it to attach. However, last night my husband and I were playing in a match side by side with our computers. I kept saying it won't stick. He said yes it is I can see it on my screen. So I guess it might have stayed as a hit, but it didn't look like it on my screen so I missed my turn because I didn't have time to move the hit to another opponent.
  • The blue color of blue team is almost impossible to see in the Celestia world. It is too similar to much of the back ground color. The small forms are difficult to see anyway. But with the name not showing and their form about the size of the grass and coral clumps - They are virtually invisible. Please change the name to a different color/tint blue, or make the background blue much lighter hue. There is no problem seeing the color used for "event points awarded"
  • Just recently in fights, players will flee when almost full of life - I guess they think it is a lost cause and are moving on to doing caps or a more favorable fight. If KI is imposing penalties for leaving a match, griefing, etc. How about some sort of lesser penalty for not staying in a fight, at least until almost no life and DOTs will kill in the next round.
  • Several times the map indicated a full team occupying all spots in a spiral fight. Players were still asking for help at spiral. I did go to spiral and saw that two spots were still vacant. If I had believed the map, the strength of my team would have been drastically compromised for that fight.
  • Twice during this event and also in past events players in street clothes show up on the battle grounds. This time they showed as red arrows on the map, yet had blue names as seen in the field. In one instance it was a spiral fight and when that "non beast" stood over a person in the fight - that person could not cast a hit. It happened to me and a team mate had the same chat complaint. - we lost the spiral fight, mainly due to this interference with ability to cast a spell.
  • Sunday night at 7:26 PM EDT - the opposing team pig was dead, it came back full health and cast a Headless Horseman spell. After that round the pig's location was empty with the "X" - 2 of our 4 team died due to that glitch/hack
  • When I log off of Wizard101, and then sign on several hours later, without shutting down my computer, I get a message that I am already logged on to Wizard101. So the"handshake with my computer was not released when I exited the game. I have to shut off my computer to release the handshake. A simple reboot will not do it. This has only been a problem since the Summer Scroll of Fortune for me.
  • On some occasions it has been difficult to exit a beast event when the match is over. The exit block does not respond.
  • Swimming in Celestia with the large beast forms makes the view drastically compromised. It is easy, if not very careful, to enter a circle being capped by the other team, when there was no intent to start a fight.
  • The yellow/orange/ and only once the red chain of death were still present - but not as frequent as the previous event - at least for me.
  • One of my wizards still had penalty time on her ( from the last event and the repeated orange chain of death which were applied because I left the game, not really, I did not purposely stop playing) when I tried to use her on the 2nd day of the event. I did send a ticket. It penalty was in minutes but I recalculated it to last for 27 hours. By the time I received a reply, the penalty had expired on it's own accord. I was not able to use that wizard until the event was almost half over.
  • traps and shields not functioning as they have in the past - has the hit been changed? if yes please edit the card. if no please address this issue
I sincerely hope before the next Beastmoon event many, if not all the troublesome bugs and glitches can be fixed. They seem to be escalating with every new world. If the original would has not been affected by these glitches, maybe just use that map until the other worlds have been cured of the bug infestations.

Beastmoon has become my favorite part of Wizard 101. However it is becoming increasingly frustrating to try and have fun while playing it. Between the glitches /bugs and the recent grouping of up to 4 players that dominate and not so nicely demand you do as told or you will be a rogue with no help of support from the members of the team, it is quickly becoming a not so fun thing to do. Beastmoon changed me from a several times every few weeks player into a much more active member of the Wizard community. But these last two events, have left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2011
Made a thread for people to put bugs in this month's Beastmoon event.
  • Ghost pip wisps are still not fixed. This has been an issue for months and still has not been resolved.
  • The Balance Moonstone reagent still has no purpose. Only Harmonious Moonstones can be used for crafting and stuff; Balance Moonstones can't be used for anything as far as I can tell.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
The que is still broken for me and has been for ages. I found a thread here about it but it's locked. No one ever offered a reason or a solution on that thread or through the message I've sent to KI. I am always able to get in for one match. But every time after that the que never moves. Hours go by and I never get in. My friends wait maybe two minutes and zip right in. I can't earn the prizes, I can't play the game. I've logged out, quit the game, restarted computer, deleted and reloaded the game, switched wizards...you name it. Nothing changed it. It did the same thing this week in test realm. I can't play it at all and it's the worst. I love Beast Moon Hunt. :(

Survivor
May 20, 2009
Nothing seems to be fixed. I get orange chain of death that doesn't go away even though I'm able to navigate the internet while Wizards does nothing.

Ghost pips still prevail.

I'm so disgusted with enhancements, or should I call them failures.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Another Beastmoon and some of the same problems still exist.

Sparck, please reread the very first post in this Topic. For me right now, I just got a 15 minute penalty "due to inactivity" from the timer counting down to zero. It did not even ask me to click anything to join the Hunt. Now I am wasting those 15 minutes finding this month old thread and typing this message.

We still have ghost pips.

And the chat is not what anyone wants. People do not even know they cannot communicate from within the Hunt to those not in the Hunt. It is not too friendly to not be able to say hi to my friends. Why not give players the option (in settings) to turn off chat when in an Event or not.

My 15 minute penalty should be over now so back to the game. Please end the penalties

Survivor
Apr 26, 2010
Last night my son and I lost connection while in the beastmoon queue. When our connection came back we had a message stating something about not joining the beastmoon would be penalized. Ever since our connection came back we have been unable to join any beastmoon fights.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2011
More things:
  • Myth still has a damage boost against the life fairy.
  • The Orange Chain of Death is back, where the connection symbol goes orange, freezes the game, and forces you to shut down Wizard101 and wait 15 minutes before being able to play another Beastmoon match. I've experienced it twice so far during this event.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
I got another Bug Reporter. If you never experienced that before, what it does is, it shuts down the game completely and up pops a Bug Reporter where we send in the last activity we did in the game. My last activity was entering Beastmoon and blam the game shut down just as I was entering. This resulted in me getting another 15 minute penalty and whatever team I was gonna be on likely is Missing a player. So as you see, any 1 person getting this penalty affects everyone else going in that Hunt.

I was also surprised when my myth rat boosted on the life fairy.

Even more surprised when I finally encountered a street-clothed Wizard enjoying my teams victory. It seemed harmless.
Later on I saw a flying pip, high in the sky. Other pips go through walls.

The June KI Live show discussed how the upcoming new event, Beastmoon Monster Mayhem, will be dishing out penalties for those who disconnect. That tells all us Beastmoon lovers there is a 'disconnect' with the devs vs players. You have to stop giving out penalties at no fault our own! It was horrible listening to how nonchalantly this was mentioned. You guys said it as if this is a good thing. It's bad. And why are we making new games when the one we love is broken?

The entire Hunt seems sped up. The downside to this is it doesn't give us a lot of time to decide which card we want or talk to the team, especially if a non-chat is playing. On the plus side, there are more chests and pips (although my last 2 Hunts not so much on pips for my team as much as the opposing team).

I would not be posting here had I not gotten that penalty.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2011
I have been emailing K I all day about this issue. Someone on discord said it's a shadowban for cheaters when you get a bogus game queue. I have never ever cheated in this game and pay a lot of money to play. I lost all my lunari upgrading char when I can't even get into a match. I am so over all these issues. Player for ten years.
With several family accounts.

Thanks,
Bgreene288

Survivor
May 20, 2009
Another attempt at Beastmoon event, another orange chain of death. Able to navigate the internet but Wizard101 can't.

I will keep posting this crud till I cancel my subscription.

So, disgusted. Not sure why I bother.

At first I thought I was helping KI. I really don't think they care.

My wife is considering cancelling her subscription also. A game is supposed to be fun. It's not supposed to be a labor of recovering or dealing with issues that are not being addressed.

Administrator
Ninja Boy on Jul 10, 2020 wrote:
Another attempt at Beastmoon event, another orange chain of death. Able to navigate the internet but Wizard101 can't.

I will keep posting this crud till I cancel my subscription.

So, disgusted. Not sure why I bother.

At first I thought I was helping KI. I really don't think they care.

My wife is considering cancelling her subscription also. A game is supposed to be fun. It's not supposed to be a labor of recovering or dealing with issues that are not being addressed.
Hi Ninja Boy,

I'm sorry to hear that you're not having fun in the Beastmoon event. I'd like to help if I can!

It sounds like you're experiencing a server delay potentially. You don't receive an error, right? We're looking into all of these issues listed in this thread and hope to have resolutions for the next event.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2010
I too am encountering random "orange chain of death" in this July event. Not as bad as before, but often enough that I get doled out penalties for time in which I can not play the event. It is not a total disconnect - it is a almost "loss of handshake" but Wizard does not let go. I am glad to see that you finally mention it might be a server glitch of some sort - your server. I do not encounter this on any other game I play or any other website I go to. I have started checking what realm I am in both before and after a match - I always start in a perfect realm, because I switch to that realm. I always exit a finished match in a Full realm. That tells me your servers are overloaded and it occasionally "drops" a player when doing a forced realm (aka server bank) push to another realm.

And the useless pip chase is still very frustrating -- maybe make them change color after collected so the players will know to not chase after the ones not the available color. If you can't make them go away make them look different.

I have also noticed some of the spells don't do the same as what they used to do. If you are going to tweek the spell please don't leave the same description on the spell card, and maybe add a "revised" to the card so we can see it is not going to do what it used to do. For example the Balance Wolf scorpion that used to change shields to traps and use them that round now only changes some shields and does not use them with that round.

Also the stuns are ridiculous. I got stunned 4 times in a row, and thus could not use any spell and eventually died due to not having a turn in 4 rounds. There should be a stun resist after being stunned, as in the regular game play. Even if the stun only last for several rounds then expires, it allows the stunned player a chance of using a spell in the fight.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
Found a new issue while playing mayhem tonight that's in live too.

Myth minotaur's "multiply" (push shield. If target has shield, 50 shield to self) will only cast on self, making the push effect pointless.

Mattnetic PS. Mayhem is absolutely addicting. Please send my regards to the people who came up with beastmoon as it's likely the most fun I've had in wiz in years. Once a month isn't enough.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
The new fire pig has some issues.

1. Smoke Spirit card has no description.

2. Backdrafter's minion passes for 2 turns then does an attack that kills itself.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
New Beastmoon, same old problem.
While waiting in the queue, I got a 15 minute penalty. It did not ask me to join the Hunt.

I did encounter at least 1 ghost pip, but what brought me to post here is the penalty.