Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reworking Schools / Adjustment Ideas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
Hey everyone! I thought I'd start the discussion about changes or adjustments you'd make to each of the schools. As a player that started playing back in 2009 or so, it feels like over time a few schools have 'lost' what made each special/unique. I'd like to start the conversation and get the ideas flowing of how you'd bring the schools back in line with what made each stand out. None of these ideas are set in stone, and my hope is that they spark ideas you might have.

Balance: I think Balance is actually in a relatively good spot. It's always been a school that integrates strong supportive spells. I would adjust a few spells, however.
- Sabertooth: If the shields are going to stay, add both Elemental and Spirit shields + bladestorm. This would provide both defensive utility + team support.
- Scion of Balance: This spell is extremely limited in usage and is 100% reliant on an enemy to even build up blades in the first place. I propose that Scion doubles if enemy has 3+ shields, or if caster has 6+ shields.
Ice: From a spell-perspective, this school still is in line with it's original concept of high health + tankiness. However, I would argue that the gear Ice has access to allows for very potent levels of damage and and incredible amount of resist and health. I would: Cap the total amount of resist that can be acquired while also having high damage output. If an Ice wants to go for an extremely offensive/glass-cannon approach, I would gut the amount of resist they can have.
Storm: Storm has always been incredibly powerful and sees very limited drawbacks. I would propose slightly decreasing the amount of health storm has access to, in exchange for the following: Chain Lightning. Chain Lightning is the overall concept to keep storms continuously hitting by changing secondary effects of spells to buffs. This would promote and reinforce storm's role as a glass-cannon hitter, and would give Myth the sole ability to destroy blades and traps. Spell damage would be slightly decreased to accommodate. The main concept being that storm gets some form of buff after each hit, "chaining" to set up hits faster. See below:
- Remove Disarm and Enfeeble, and replace with Storm Circuit (three 10% storm blades) and Storm Downpour (three 20% traps on a single target)
- Leviathan: 10% blade + 10% trap
- Sirens: Remove accuracy debuff and disarm effect, and replace with Windstorm and 20% blade.
- Glowbug: Replace enfeeble effect with x10% blade for each enemy hit (ex: Hit 4 enemies, get 40% blade)
Myth: Myth has always had fantastic utility, but in recent years (outside of PvP) has some shortcomings. Myth used to be the school that utilizes Minions, but after Krok/Marley they aren't really liable. Giving Myth the option of taking control of the minions in PvE would be a potential change (but not in PvP because that would be broken.) As well as giving minions more health, better spells and damage output, and given the ability to permanently craft animus minions. Myth might then pick up a variant of Disarm/Enfeeble, as I think the concept of Myth being the "Destroyer" of Buffs + Shields should be more prominent.
- Dimension Shift: Would change it to be any target.
Fire: My experience as a fire is limited, as it's the only school that I do not have a character on. I think fire should lean into the accuracy debuff idea. But otherwise most of the spells are still in line with what the school concept is.
- Efreet: Would change the -90% weakness to a -65%/-75% accuracy debuff.
Life & Death: I think Life and Death are in fantastic spots from a school perspective. However, these are the minor changes I would make:
- Life Scion: The amount of pips for single healing simply isn't justifiable in 99% of circumstances. I would change the spell to heal all teammates (like a massive Rebirth), plus 1000+ Spirit Shield Armor.
- Wings of Fate: Would change to just be a straight up heal, or significantly increase both the damage and healing.

Let me know what your thoughts are, and any ideas/adjustments to any school you might have!

Administrator
Final Challenge on May 29, 2020 wrote:
Hey everyone! I thought I'd start the discussion about changes or adjustments you'd make to each of the schools. As a player that started playing back in 2009 or so, it feels like over time a few schools have 'lost' what made each special/unique. I'd like to start the conversation and get the ideas flowing of how you'd bring the schools back in line with what made each stand out. None of these ideas are set in stone, and my hope is that they spark ideas you might have.

Balance: I think Balance is actually in a relatively good spot. It's always been a school that integrates strong supportive spells. I would adjust a few spells, however.
- Sabertooth: If the shields are going to stay, add both Elemental and Spirit shields + bladestorm. This would provide both defensive utility + team support.
- Scion of Balance: This spell is extremely limited in usage and is 100% reliant on an enemy to even build up blades in the first place. I propose that Scion doubles if enemy has 3+ shields, or if caster has 6+ shields.
Ice: From a spell-perspective, this school still is in line with it's original concept of high health + tankiness. However, I would argue that the gear Ice has access to allows for very potent levels of damage and and incredible amount of resist and health. I would: Cap the total amount of resist that can be acquired while also having high damage output. If an Ice wants to go for an extremely offensive/glass-cannon approach, I would gut the amount of resist they can have.
Storm: Storm has always been incredibly powerful and sees very limited drawbacks. I would propose slightly decreasing the amount of health storm has access to, in exchange for the following: Chain Lightning. Chain Lightning is the overall concept to keep storms continuously hitting by changing secondary effects of spells to buffs. This would promote and reinforce storm's role as a glass-cannon hitter, and would give Myth the sole ability to destroy blades and traps. Spell damage would be slightly decreased to accommodate. The main concept being that storm gets some form of buff after each hit, "chaining" to set up hits faster. See below:
- Remove Disarm and Enfeeble, and replace with Storm Circuit (three 10% storm blades) and Storm Downpour (three 20% traps on a single target)
- Sirens: Remove accuracy debuff and disarm effect, and replace with Windstorm and 20% blade.
- Glowbug: Replace enfeeble effect with x10% blade for each enemy hit (ex: Hit 4 enemies, get 40% blade)
Myth: Myth has always had fantastic utility, but in recent years (outside of PvP) has some shortcomings. Myth used to be the school that utilizes Minions, but after Krok/Marley they aren't really liable. Giving Myth the option of taking control of the minions in PvE would be a potential change (but not in PvP because that would be broken.) As well as giving minions more health, better spells and damage output, and given the ability to permanently craft animus minions. Myth might then pick up a variant of Disarm/Enfeeble, as I think the concept of Myth being the "Destroyer" of Buffs + Shields should be more prominent.
Fire: My experience as a fire is limited, as it's the only school that I do not have a character on. I think fire should lean into the accuracy debuff idea. But otherwise most of the spells are still in line with what the school concept is.
Life & Death: I think Life and Death are in fantastic spots from a school perspective. However, these are the minor changes I would make:
- Life Scion: The amount of pips for single healing simply isn't justifiable in 99% of circumstances. I would change the spell to heal all teammates (like a massive Rebirth), plus 1000+ Spirit Shield Armor.
- Wings of Fate: Would change to just be a straight up heal, or significantly increase both the damage and healing.

Let me know what your thoughts are, and any ideas/adjustments to any school you might have!
Looking forward to seeing who else chimes in here. We're always looking to improve the balance of the schools!

Survivor
Sep 12, 2015
I think Myth should have its damage/critical adjusted to be more in line with Fire and Storm. For years, Myth and Fire held pretty much the same role as an off-hitter, and had similar damage, health, critical percentage etc. When Fire was buffed to be a hitter, that sort of equity between the two was forgotten and Myth lost its place alongside fire, so Fire could find a place besides Storm. Myth should have its damaged buffed to either match storm/fire, or have their critical and damage increased to a degree so that they do not fall as short as they currently do.
Earthquake should also have it's base damaged buffed by a value of 100-200, because Humongofrog spam is both boring and non-efficient, especially in later fights where Myth will NOT have a viable AOE if they do not have a Wandering eye/Pre Mystic Colossus. Basilisk could also be reworked into an AOE and finally be useful, as King Art and Medusa do both it it's jobs better.
I also that Wings of Fate and Life scion need massive overhauls. Life should also gain more utility as a support besides healing, as both Balance and Death are objectively better at Support.
I like your Idea for Storm, and agree that they could definitely use nerfs. They have an extremely potent amount of utility and damage, a lethal combo no other school really has en-masse. Balance is all utility, no damage. Death is a bit of both, Myth has limited utility and meh damage etc. If they are able to be so deadly, they should not also have massive utility.
As for Ice, I think instead of gutting them, gear should be a lot more flexible for every school as a whole. Currently we have insanely high damage gear for everyone, with little drawbacks or room for viable alternatives across the board. I think an offensive version of the Dragoon gear ( all damage, crit, pierce) and NO RESIST/block and lower health would force more players to decide on their playstyle. Balanced/defensive with OG dragoon robe, or Hypercarry offensive with a new version.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Final Challenge on May 29, 2020 wrote:

I want to start off by saying that we share some similar view points on certain criteria and value of what role a school plays out to be. However, in my own experience with all 7 schools, at max I notice different spells tend to play out on different scenarios. My list actually goes down like this:
-Control type utility spells to an extent. Is in the same category as death and life as damage primarily and has a lot of defensive and offensive play styles if played correctly. After the adjustment to lore and mana-burn this definitely balanced out the school big time. After analyzing Scion of balance i can see where it comes in as underwhelming. The initial requirement is on the right path but wrong set of blades, I believe it should change to if the opponent has more than 3 weakness or balance has 3 different type of blades instead of 6. This would definitely buff up balance a tad bit on the aspect of both pve and pvp. The only other change that's needed per say is a pip cost increase to super nova and that's about it. Doing 500 base damage or 800 with epic for only 2 pips whether its situational or not is to high for the balance school giving its ability to shatter auras in the process, it should be 3-4 pips.. That's only two changes id vote for the balance school.

-Tanks+control type defensive utility spells also. I could never agree with you more, on the fact that with newer gear changes being implemented, ice have gotten better access to high damage stats. This is a no no for me in the nature that if as you put it, if ice wants to have damage resist has to be sacrificed in the process. If this is not the case, then abominable shield needs a major reduction big time. However, ice being the tanky role i do not propose eliminating that. I would rather see spells like bale frost get a major damage reduction and pip increase from 35% to 15% damage for 3 pips making it relatively the most weakest bubble of the bunch. You might ask why? because in truth when it comes to damage ice is suppose to be the weakest of all schools. At the moment this doesn't seem to be the case, because as I've already explained in my other post an ice can currently have 120 base stats if not more added with bale frost they get to have storm damage. I don't agree with this concept at all and proposed that abominable weaver and lord of winter gets a damage cut also from 1050 to 850 base flat. I also proposed that steal ward gets a pip cost increase to 3 pips. This is to ensure ice relies on their own defensive capabilities rather than just out right strip other schools of playing defensive spells like tower shield.

High damage+ Blade wrecking utility+ Pressure control. First i wanna make a slight correction on the statement you made that myth are the blade and shield wreckers role. This isn't entirely true that's because the only spell myth has has a blade shattering concept is earthquake , myth judging from all the later spells they are solely specialize around stuns and ward wrecking. Storm has always been the ones to shatter blades and it should stay that way. Also they are not the best schools defensively, has the worst health of all schools and has the worst draw backs you can ever possibility imagine on any other school other than the juju nerf giving to death in pvp. If you don't believe me then test your luck with insane bolt and i pray it doesn't wipe your health bar clean on the first try. I may have a bais towards storm in some form, but that's only because they have been giving a blind eye in that they are purely and highly dependable on rng to make plays. They are in no way shape or form the best tier pvp wise. However essentially in pve they are the best schools when it comes to farming and taking out boss. What storm needs right now is better defensive spells and less rng. I will not stand for any nerfs on storm because that would just be totally unfair to them after already suffering 5 yrs. Scion of storm was a tremendous buff to storm but was not enough to keep it viable. A suitable adjustment would to be to change insane bolt into a double hit 500 storm first then 500 moon after. This would allow storm to maintain pressure on all schools as it should be.

- Stun utlity+ Ward wrecking+ shield bypass mechanic. As i stated before myth specialize on these roles primarily in pvp. On the aspect of minions i can agree with this because its a myth thing to have some form of control over their minions (pve only) So you have my vote on this one especially on the animus crafting.

- Mantle control+ High damage+Dot trap stacks.My experience with fire is my equal undying passion of hate i have for this school. Not only because it was my first easiest warlord achievement, but the fact they got away with too much that they made storm look the baby tier of pvp. One key notable adjustment to balance this school is to completely remove the weakness of EFREET and add a mantle instead of no greater than krampus mantle. -45% maximum is justifiable enough on this school and am still not proud to say that. Mantles are ok to an extent but when its backed up by high damage, one should carefully think, is it ok to do 4k damage and watch your opponent fizzle for it? Not really. This was one of the biggest reason lore got so problematic in pvp and needed a nerf. And id hate to see fire heading in the same direction. Fire should rely on defensive spells such as shields and brace alone. Its about time they got a cool down and gets the same treatment as storm. I'm calling for a major change in the meta.

While death and life plays a unique role in their worlds, comparing these to school can become bit problematic . You are right about one thing, death is in a way better spot than it was 5 yrs ago with the introduction of 2 spells:Headless Horseman and Scion of death. Death also gain a huge amount of health and tanky stats combine with enough lethal damage to pretty much take out any other school with stack blade potential. They are balance as it is. However the same cannot be said about life. Life is suffering a great deal because it is forced to depend on heal or critical heal even to even maintain a bit of survivabilty in pvp. Life is still prone to getting one shot after guardian got removed from pvp now. Not having a damage scion hurt life even more so that they are literately being left out of the meta forcing some players into using heal only jade strategies which is by far the most annoying thing i've ever have to deal with. But do i blame them entirely? no because life lacks the essential damage capabilities when facing schools like death, ice fire and myth primarily. Even storms can create a bad environment for life. An 11 pip heal is unjustifiable and unneeded for life and its needs to be a damage spell. Swan is ok as it is after ratatoskr spin got introduced, however i do wish it was just a aoe mass damage effect without the dot but only on the dot heal. Goat monk needs a rework to be made into a 5 pip dot. Then and only then will life school become viable in pvp once again. Pve wise both schools are exceptionally well within their roles so its balanced the way it is in that nature. Hopes this helps with the idea and reasoning behind my suggestions. Its all open for debate if necessary.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
ilovehareyquinn22 on Jun 3, 2020 wrote:
I think Myth should have its damage/critical adjusted to be more in line with Fire and Storm. For years, Myth and Fire held pretty much the same role as an off-hitter, and had similar damage, health, critical percentage etc. When Fire was buffed to be a hitter, that sort of equity between the two was forgotten and Myth lost its place alongside fire, so Fire could find a place besides Storm. Myth should have its damaged buffed to either match storm/fire, or have their critical and damage increased to a degree so that they do not fall as short as they currently do.
Earthquake should also have it's base damaged buffed by a value of 100-200, because Humongofrog spam is both boring and non-efficient, especially in later fights where Myth will NOT have a viable AOE if they do not have a Wandering eye/Pre Mystic Colossus. Basilisk could also be reworked into an AOE and finally be useful, as King Art and Medusa do both it it's jobs better.
I also that Wings of Fate and Life scion need massive overhauls. Life should also gain more utility as a support besides healing, as both Balance and Death are objectively better at Support.
I like your Idea for Storm, and agree that they could definitely use nerfs. They have an extremely potent amount of utility and damage, a lethal combo no other school really has en-masse. Balance is all utility, no damage. Death is a bit of both, Myth has limited utility and meh damage etc. If they are able to be so deadly, they should not also have massive utility.
As for Ice, I think instead of gutting them, gear should be a lot more flexible for every school as a whole. Currently we have insanely high damage gear for everyone, with little drawbacks or room for viable alternatives across the board. I think an offensive version of the Dragoon gear ( all damage, crit, pierce) and NO RESIST/block and lower health would force more players to decide on their playstyle. Balanced/defensive with OG dragoon robe, or Hypercarry offensive with a new version.
I agree that Myth has now become like the youngest child in the hitter family, with not much going for it in terms of damage output. And I also agree that having gear sets like "Glass Cannon, Balanced (I think of this subtype as Waterworks + Malistaire), and Defensive" would be flexible options. Right now the schools all just feel very similar in terms of stats, and not in regards to their roles.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
angellifeheart on Jun 3, 2020 wrote:
I want to start off by saying that we share some similar view points on certain criteria and value of what role a school plays out to be. However, in my own experience with all 7 schools, at max I notice different spells tend to play out on different scenarios. My list actually goes down like this:
-Control type utility spells to an extent. Is in the same category as death and life as damage primarily and has a lot of defensive and offensive play styles if played correctly. After the adjustment to lore and mana-burn this definitely balanced out the school big time. After analyzing Scion of balance i can see where it comes in as underwhelming. The initial requirement is on the right path but wrong set of blades, I believe it should change to if the opponent has more than 3 weakness or balance has 3 different type of blades instead of 6. This would definitely buff up balance a tad bit on the aspect of both pve and pvp. The only other change that's needed per say is a pip cost increase to super nova and that's about it. Doing 500 base damage or 800 with epic for only 2 pips whether its situational or not is to high for the balance school giving its ability to shatter auras in the process, it should be 3-4 pips.. That's only two changes id vote for the balance school.

-Tanks+control type defensive utility spells also. I could never agree with you more, on the fact that with newer gear changes being implemented, ice have gotten better access to high damage stats. This is a no no for me in the nature that if as you put it, if ice wants to have damage resist has to be sacrificed in the process. If this is not the case, then abominable shield needs a major reduction big time. However, ice being the tanky role i do not propose eliminating that. I would rather see spells like bale frost get a major damage reduction and pip increase from 35% to 15% damage for 3 pips making it relatively the most weakest bubble of the bunch. You might ask why? because in truth when it comes to damage ice is suppose to be the weakest of all schools. At the moment this doesn't seem to be the case, because as I've already explained in my other post an ice can currently have 120 base stats if not more added with bale frost they get to have storm damage. I don't agree with this concept at all and proposed that abominable weaver and lord of winter gets a damage cut also from 1050 to 850 base flat. I also proposed that steal ward gets a pip cost increase to 3 pips. This is to ensure ice relies on their own defensive capabilities rather than just out right strip other schools of playing defensive spells like tower shield.

High damage+ Blade wrecking utility+ Pressure control. First i wanna make a slight correction on the statement you made that myth are the blade and shield wreckers role. This isn't entirely true that's because the only spell myth has has a blade shattering concept is earthquake , myth judging from all the later spells they are solely specialize around stuns and ward wrecking. Storm has always been the ones to shatter blades and it should stay that way. Also they are not the best schools defensively, has the worst health of all schools and has the worst draw backs you can ever possibility imagine on any other school other than the juju nerf giving to death in pvp. If you don't believe me then test your luck with insane bolt and i pray it doesn't wipe your health bar clean on the first try. I may have a bais towards storm in some form, but that's only because they have been giving a blind eye in that they are purely and highly dependable on rng to make plays. They are in no way shape or form the best tier pvp wise. However essentially in pve they are the best schools when it comes to farming and taking out boss. What storm needs right now is better defensive spells and less rng. I will not stand for any nerfs on storm because that would just be totally unfair to them after already suffering 5 yrs. Scion of storm was a tremendous buff to storm but was not enough to keep it viable. A suitable adjustment would to be to change insane bolt into a double hit 500 storm first then 500 moon after. This would allow storm to maintain pressure on all schools as it should be.

- Stun utlity+ Ward wrecking+ shield bypass mechanic. As i stated before myth specialize on these roles primarily in pvp. On the aspect of minions i can agree with this because its a myth thing to have some form of control over their minions (pve only) So you have my vote on this one especially on the animus crafting.

- Mantle control+ High damage+Dot trap stacks.My experience with fire is my equal undying passion of hate i have for this school. Not only because it was my first easiest warlord achievement, but the fact they got away with too much that they made storm look the baby tier of pvp. One key notable adjustment to balance this school is to completely remove the weakness of EFREET and add a mantle instead of no greater than krampus mantle. -45% maximum is justifiable enough on this school and am still not proud to say that. Mantles are ok to an extent but when its backed up by high damage, one should carefully think, is it ok to do 4k damage and watch your opponent fizzle for it? Not really. This was one of the biggest reason lore got so problematic in pvp and needed a nerf. And id hate to see fire heading in the same direction. Fire should rely on defensive spells such as shields and brace alone. Its about time they got a cool down and gets the same treatment as storm. I'm calling for a major change in the meta.

While death and life plays a unique role in their worlds, comparing these to school can become bit problematic . You are right about one thing, death is in a way better spot than it was 5 yrs ago with the introduction of 2 spells:Headless Horseman and Scion of death. Death also gain a huge amount of health and tanky stats combine with enough lethal damage to pretty much take out any other school with stack blade potential. They are balance as it is. However the same cannot be said about life. Life is suffering a great deal because it is forced to depend on heal or critical heal even to even maintain a bit of survivabilty in pvp. Life is still prone to getting one shot after guardian got removed from pvp now. Not having a damage scion hurt life even more so that they are literately being left out of the meta forcing some players into using heal only jade strategies which is by far the most annoying thing i've ever have to deal with. But do i blame them entirely? no because life lacks the essential damage capabilities when facing schools like death, ice fire and myth primarily. Even storms can create a bad environment for life. An 11 pip heal is unjustifiable and unneeded for life and its needs to be a damage spell. Swan is ok as it is after ratatoskr spin got introduced, however i do wish it was just a aoe mass damage effect without the dot but only on the dot heal. Goat monk needs a rework to be made into a 5 pip dot. Then and only then will life school become viable in pvp once again. Pve wise both schools are exceptionally well within their roles so its balanced the way it is in that nature. Hopes this helps with the idea and reasoning behind my suggestions. Its all open for debate if necessary.
You bring up a lot of good points. There are a few things that are hypocritical in the sense that you agree with ice being knocked down, but think Storm should be given more health and defense. Additionally, Storm DOESN'T need extra utility. Their damage alone is immense, and the extras the spells get are a punch to every other school that has hits with subpar secondary effects. Storm RIGHT NOW has access to destroying blades, but their primary focus was damage anyway, so I proposed that that ability be passed to Myth, as stunning isn't at all usable against bosses, and is only useful in PvP and occasional end-game Mob fights. As minions aren't usable or useful in any form of endgame content. People just don't need a myth on their team unless they're facing a boss that spams towers, etc. And even then Shatter is accessible for a support. I also do agree about the tricky nature of Mantle/Accuracy debuffs for Fire. In a PvP situation they can be make-or-break, and in PvE are relatively decent. In regards to supportive schools, I do wish gear like Jade/Turtling was available in some form of non-crowns gear SPECIFICALLY for support schools. Jade offers both great resist + healing potential, but I'm wondering if, for example, Balance got a support set of gear, perhaps with a gear-set that applies different may-casts (bladestorm, etc) to help differentiate the different roles of each support school. Another support set for Death might include may-casts for spells like empower, plague, infection, etc. Not necessarily with the massive amount of resist Jade offers, but with utility that is valuable and specialized for support.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Final Challenge on Jun 3, 2020 wrote:
You bring up a lot of good points. There are a few things that are hypocritical in the sense that you agree with ice being knocked down, but think Storm should be given more health and defense. Additionally, Storm DOESN'T need extra utility. Their damage alone is immense, and the extras the spells get are a punch to every other school that has hits with subpar secondary effects. Storm RIGHT NOW has access to destroying blades, but their primary focus was damage anyway, so I proposed that that ability be passed to Myth, as stunning isn't at all usable against bosses, and is only useful in PvP and occasional end-game Mob fights. As minions aren't usable or useful in any form of endgame content. People just don't need a myth on their team unless they're facing a boss that spams towers, etc. And even then Shatter is accessible for a support. I also do agree about the tricky nature of Mantle/Accuracy debuffs for Fire. In a PvP situation they can be make-or-break, and in PvE are relatively decent. In regards to supportive schools, I do wish gear like Jade/Turtling was available in some form of non-crowns gear SPECIFICALLY for support schools. Jade offers both great resist + healing potential, but I'm wondering if, for example, Balance got a support set of gear, perhaps with a gear-set that applies different may-casts (bladestorm, etc) to help differentiate the different roles of each support school. Another support set for Death might include may-casts for spells like empower, plague, infection, etc. Not necessarily with the massive amount of resist Jade offers, but with utility that is valuable and specialized for support.
Again, to quote on the storm blade destruction dilemma here's a lit of spells that proves my point:

Enfeeble-3pip destroys all charms
Catch of the day 5-pip destroys 2 charms
Leviathan-8pip destroys 2 charms
Sirens-9 pip aoe destroys 2 charms
Glow bug squal-5pip 1 shadow aoe destroys all charms.
Vs
Earthquake 6 pip aoe damage shatters all charms and wards.
What your basically asking for is like me saying i want ice to have all the heals life have in there current state or for death to have the same damage storm has. Not all schools get equal viability and myth just got a heal the other day.
Storm does need health and utility to become viable, because it has been proving time and time again having damage alone doesn't win you any match. This is why Ice is the dominant school of pvp because its not saying its balance, but its has high end resist back by the ability to have storm damage, with a sheer number of utility spells in its kit. Utility wins games.

Myth should only specialize in minions, stuns and ward wrecking capabilities not blades. Myth also have the capacity to do damage at max level in both pve and pvp. My friend got to warlord in a day from sergeant ever since scion of myth got release without any actual counter, and its still one of the if not the best scion out there.

As per your concerns about jade gears, welcome to the game that requires some actual payment to do anything.
Everything that's viable is locked behind a pay wall from kroger jewels to certain spellements and pack wands etc.
Its a highly pay to win game and its been that way for quite a long time. What you need for death is just a better deck set up with supporting roles. The spells you mention are trainable and have tc versions only one is harder to come by, but that's why you invest in a garden. Not everything is meant to be made easy on that aspect.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
angellifeheart on Jun 4, 2020 wrote:
Again, to quote on the storm blade destruction dilemma here's a lit of spells that proves my point:

Enfeeble-3pip destroys all charms
Catch of the day 5-pip destroys 2 charms
Leviathan-8pip destroys 2 charms
Sirens-9 pip aoe destroys 2 charms
Glow bug squal-5pip 1 shadow aoe destroys all charms.
Vs
Earthquake 6 pip aoe damage shatters all charms and wards.
What your basically asking for is like me saying i want ice to have all the heals life have in there current state or for death to have the same damage storm has. Not all schools get equal viability and myth just got a heal the other day.
Storm does need health and utility to become viable, because it has been proving time and time again having damage alone doesn't win you any match. This is why Ice is the dominant school of pvp because its not saying its balance, but its has high end resist back by the ability to have storm damage, with a sheer number of utility spells in its kit. Utility wins games.

Myth should only specialize in minions, stuns and ward wrecking capabilities not blades. Myth also have the capacity to do damage at max level in both pve and pvp. My friend got to warlord in a day from sergeant ever since scion of myth got release without any actual counter, and its still one of the if not the best scion out there.

As per your concerns about jade gears, welcome to the game that requires some actual payment to do anything.
Everything that's viable is locked behind a pay wall from kroger jewels to certain spellements and pack wands etc.
Its a highly pay to win game and its been that way for quite a long time. What you need for death is just a better deck set up with supporting roles. The spells you mention are trainable and have tc versions only one is harder to come by, but that's why you invest in a garden. Not everything is meant to be made easy on that aspect.
I haven't said anything about giving Ice all the heals, nor death about damage, etc. Yes, Myth got a heal, but it's not accessible to most of the playerbase. I don't think defending pay-walls is the right call. My appeal to getting the schools back in line with their original roles is what I'm pushing for. Storm has always been damage-focused, so those elements should be reinforced and supported, even if that means readjusting or reworking secondary effects. Myth HAS minions and stuns but sees zero usage. I would support Myth being able to train Animus minions. You seem very PvP focused. You say all schools shouldn't get equal viability, so you should be fine with Storm being weaker in PvP and stronger in PvE.

I don't understand the overall harshness in tone. You tried to explain my thoughts back to me, and did so incorrectly.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Final Challenge on Jun 5, 2020 wrote:
I haven't said anything about giving Ice all the heals, nor death about damage, etc. Yes, Myth got a heal, but it's not accessible to most of the playerbase. I don't think defending pay-walls is the right call. My appeal to getting the schools back in line with their original roles is what I'm pushing for. Storm has always been damage-focused, so those elements should be reinforced and supported, even if that means readjusting or reworking secondary effects. Myth HAS minions and stuns but sees zero usage. I would support Myth being able to train Animus minions. You seem very PvP focused. You say all schools shouldn't get equal viability, so you should be fine with Storm being weaker in PvP and stronger in PvE.

I don't understand the overall harshness in tone. You tried to explain my thoughts back to me, and did so incorrectly.
I am pvp focused, because realistically anything that's pushed in pve such as, ice heals, myth minion control old rampage etc, ends up being broken in pvp. So with that being said all what you asked for can be acceptable as long as its pve only.