Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lvl 92 Death, looking into gear options

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 03, 2015
Okay, so I made it all this way and never really learned how to play this game all that well. But that's the upside to Death right? lol

Anyway now that I'm derping around Khrysalis still in my Grizzleheim crafted gear. I was thinking I'd ask what gear do other people use around lvl 90? Maybe tips on what other things I should try for like a ring or what wand might be good?

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
Ah, a post I'm good for. Death is personally my favorite school, so I think I can help you out here.For your level, you're going to want mostly Hades gear. If you don't mind the Tartarus grind, then try to get the Hades hat, robe, and boots. DEFINITELY get the Hades wand - best death wand you can get until Darkmoor (and some even use it post-Darkmoor if they can't get the Malistaire wand). Athame you'll want to farm for Blade of the Felled Titan from Cronus in Tartarus (on the left immediately when you enter the dungeon) - easy to farm if you're already going to be doing Tartarus for the Hades gear. Amulet depends on your strategy and how you like to play, but personally I like Shango's Deathblade Amulet (from amulet vendor in Zafaria) because it gives decent health and a deathblade card. However, if blade amulets aren't your thing, or you use a mastery amulet or something, then by all means use the amulet that works for you. Ring you'll want to farm Alpha and Omega Ring from Gladiator Dimachaerus in Mount Olympus (behind the little puzzle thing with Eris Golden Apple). Deck I'd say is up to you, but some of the Azteca dropped decks start giving minor stats around level 83 or so, so maybe see if you can farm for one of those. If not, whatever deck you have now should be fine (and Morganthe at the end of Khrysalis drops good decks so if you can hold out until then that's fine too). Hope this helps you!
130 130 9072 54 48 10

Survivor
Mar 03, 2020
honestly waterworks is suitable up to darkmoor/housing gauntlet gear imo

tartarus takes too long to grind for and really the only thing you want is the wand imo (however, farm cronus and the gladiator in mount olympus for ring/athame, those are easier to get and good)

i've always found the tar gear to just be versions of waterworks with pierce placed instead of accuracy and never bothered much with it, especially when darkmoor is right down the door

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Death is an awesome school.

I did Waterworks and crafted WT level 56 gear, upgrading accessories with AV crafted things, the farmed Darkmoor for level 100 kit.

I would not bother farming Tartarus. It's a long grind for only marginally better gear that becomes obsolete soon after you get it. Mali stuff is much better.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Addition to my last post -- DO get the Blade of the Felled Titan and Alpha/Omega from the Tar side bosses.

Those are good, and not hard to get.

Explorer
Oct 04, 2013
Look at a couple of the old timers date when we joined
We're here for a challenge, back in the day Hades was what everyone strived for, the best gear for the lvl.
I just finished hades on my fire, 25 runs that's not terrible in my opinion. everything except the divine amulet.
Honestly, you won't even need a full team, just a few stubborn hard heads like myself that want the best the game can offer.
Waterworks may get you through but it will just make darkmoore that much more difficult
YES! you will have people farming only parts of a dungeon and leave you standing there GET USE TO IT!
it happens throughout this game.

You being a lvl 92 know by now this is a game of patience
And one last thing. Hades gear is the best looking in the game elegant and tough at the same time.

Victoria

Survivor
Dec 29, 2017
Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
One fundamental piece of gear that you will also see a great boost to your stats in is an ideal pet.

As a necromancer, you don't necessarily need a pet with any healing talents. Hence, I would recommend opting for one that is offensive.

So, try creating a pet with solely offensive talents such as damage and critical boosting talents.

Also, a gameplay tip - If you haven't already, learn the spells Deer Knight (craft it if you can't bother farming loremaster or packs, your adventures farming for the ring and athame mentioned above should grant you a few ambers in the process from the bosses) and Headless Horseman (only farm Loremaster during Halloween events for this).

Deer Knight, in particular, is extremely useful and can be much better than Scarecrow depending on the situation.

Also, another tip - Remember to keep your deck small. You don't need to fill all the slots in your deck, about 1/4 of it or less can get you through most battles. You can also use TC Deathblades and Feints to assist in improving your hits.

Good Luck!

Survivor
Aug 31, 2012
Don't waste your time in Tartarus. First off, it is VERY difficult to get a team cause everyone teaming up there is doing Cronus usually, and the drop rates are really low. Do waterworks or craft the 56 wintertusk gear to bring you to 100 and then get full darkmoor gear unless you have an exalted krokopatra or rattlebones duel, then you can farm those for the robe and the hat. Blade of the Felled Titan and the Alpha omega ring is what you wanna go for now, and then at 100 do darkmoor for the athame. With the amulet, you have options. You can do the Morganthe Amulet if you're looking for block once you finish Khrysalis, you can do the shane amulet from darkmoor if you want the resist, pierce, and critical more, and once you're at 110 or 130 you can go for a tank amulet with no critical or pierce, but a lot more health, block, and resist. Don't worry about the deck too much until 130; just get it from the bazaar until then and make sure that you get one that gives an extra pip once that becomes available. As for wand, I don't really understand what the first reply was thinking when telling you to get the hades wand. There is ZERO reason to go for critical on a death ESPECIALLY before you're even close to max. If you seriously care about getting critical block for wands I can't really help you cause I never have. I honestly just use the sky iron hasta from 30 to 100 then replace it with the darkmoor wand and use that until I'm max and then get a pack wand. There's pretty much everything you'll want to do from this level up until max or close to max. Then you'll be replacing almost everything, but that'd make this post way too long.

Explorer
Oct 04, 2013
The free ride ends at Atlantea, You will have to pull your weight from here on out.
You will be very lonely standing at the gate to darkmoor with a sky iron hasta
Fortunately darkmoor is a side quest you don't even have to do it, you can just buy yourself some good gear

Victoria

SMH

Survivor
Aug 31, 2012
victoria death mis... on Jun 1, 2020 wrote:
The free ride ends at Atlantea, You will have to pull your weight from here on out.
You will be very lonely standing at the gate to darkmoor with a sky iron hasta
Fortunately darkmoor is a side quest you don't even have to do it, you can just buy yourself some good gear

Victoria

SMH
Lol I did darkmoor perfectly fine with a hasta several times. And you're seriously suggesting people BUY gear? Which besides wands, is almost never the best option. And even though you certainly could get a better wand p2w, not having a paid wand isn't a reason to skip darkmoor.