Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Talents for myth pets?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 31, 2009
Hey everyone! I just started playing again about 2 weeks ago. I've got a level 44 myth wizard with a Adult Wandering Eye. I was wondering what where the best talents to put on this pet, and why people thought that.

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
Everyone's going to have different opinions about what talents you should have for your pets, but ultimately it depends on how you want to play your character. A solid option you can't go wrong with is a double resist, triple damage pet, with maybe a damage jewel. You'll get 15% universal resist with Spell Proof and Spell Defy, so that's always handy for any wizard, especially at the higher levels when they introduce pierce. Damage should probably be something along the lines of Myth Dealer, Pain Giver, and Myth Giver, with a Pain Bringer or Myth Boon jewel.

Another option would be a triple triple critical damage pet. While often overshadowed by fire and storm, myth is technically a hitting school, so giving yourself some more power to your attacks is never a bad thing. Like I said above, Myth Dealer, Pain Giver, and Myth Giver would be great talents to have (with Myth Giver as your jewel since your pet only has to be Epic to socket it). For the critical talents, Myth Assailant, Critical Striker, and Myth Striker would be ideal as they can give you ~90 more critical rating (give or take).

Of course, you can also mix and match talents. Maybe you would want Spell Proof for 10% universal resist, and then two critical talents, two damage talents, and a damage or critical jewel. Or maybe a double resist, triple critical, and damage jewel pet. It's really up to your play style and how you want your pet to assist you/which stats you want boosted. However, my two recommendations still stand as one of the first two options. :)

130 130 89 72 54 48 10