Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Returning player from 2010!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 20, 2018
Hey everyone! I used to play this game a lot some years ago as a lvl 40 Myth Toon, but stopped there.

Now I returned as that aforementioned account is locked behind a master password that I have forgotten along
With the email associated with it, but I am here for to ask about what wizard to restart myself with!

I am struggling between making a Fire or Life Wizard as my main character to start with.

How do I decide or how did you decide which wizard would be your first?

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
ElementalRhino on May 16, 2020 wrote:
Hey everyone! I used to play this game a lot some years ago as a lvl 40 Myth Toon, but stopped there.

Now I returned as that aforementioned account is locked behind a master password that I have forgotten along
With the email associated with it, but I am here for to ask about what wizard to restart myself with!

I am struggling between making a Fire or Life Wizard as my main character to start with.

How do I decide or how did you decide which wizard would be your first?
I would take the Book of Secrets test. It's something you can do during character creation that allows you to take a test and determines what you would fit you most depending on your answers. It's not perfect, but it allows you to get a general idea.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2015
One of the best things to do is to start multiple wizards and level them up through Wizard City. This shouldn't take very long, and it will give you an idea of the playing style of each school, so you can find out which one is your favorite. (It will also give you 5 other wizards that can garden, craft, participate in events, and do daily assignments).

Each school is built to have a different playing style. What you choose depends on your own favorite playing style.

Ice is a tank. It is meant to be able to take a lot of damage and last a long time. It has high health and better resistances than the other schools. It has several attack everyone spells, and is overly fond of stunning. However, its damage and accuracy are not very high. Ice can be good for soloing, but it will also have very long battles. It works better in teams.

Fire is a hitter. It deals a lot of damage and is more reliable than storm. It is my favorite school. It has more attack everyone spells than the other schools and most of its spells deal damage over time, which is a way to get around shields. It is a good school for soloing and it can work as the main hitter in a team if there isn't a storm wizard.

Life is a healer. It is mainly meant to support others. Most of its spells are healing related spells. Its accuracy is high, but it pays for it with low damage. One of the things that makes it a difficult school is that it doesn't give a low level/low pip attack everyone spell (you can only get one from a pet spell or the Grizzleheim pack currently). It can solo, but like ice, its battles will be long. It works best in teams as a support, keeping everyone alive, but it can also be a secondary hitter.

Death is self sufficient. It has fairly strong damage, and heals at the same time it attacks. It is my second favorite school. It is good for soloing because it can keep itself alive while attacking enemies. It also has some powerful utility spells. However, like life, it doesn't give a low level AoE spell (you can only craft it or get it from packs). It works well in a team or soloing.

Storm is a glass cannon. It is the most powerful, but it is weak in everything else. It is for risk takers. It works best as the hitter on a team, with other people to support it. Its accuracy and health are low.

Myth is complicated. It is meant to be the school with minions, but people don't really use the minions. At higher levels, it is good at getting around shields, but that is about it. It has fairly high damage and accuracy. On teams it is a secondary or main hitter.

Balance is a support. It is meant to be well rounded and able to help the other schools. It can shield, blade, and heal basically everything. It has medium damage and accuracy. At higher levels it has damage spells from other schools. Its main problem is that there is no balance prism, so it is difficult to defeat balance enemies and bosses alone. It works better as support on a team, but it can also be a hitter.