Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Character Transfers between joined accounts

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 09, 2019
Could someone please explain why transfers between paid accounts that are managed from one primary account are only afforded one courtesy character transfer? My daughter and I play together and would like to transfer items between us that the other has and we've been told by support that there is only one courtesy transfer allowed between the accounts which I'm having trouble understanding because both are paid accounts under one master email. Thank you in advance for your clarification in this.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Flint Goldenhammer on May 15, 2020 wrote:
Could someone please explain why transfers between paid accounts that are managed from one primary account are only afforded one courtesy character transfer? My daughter and I play together and would like to transfer items between us that the other has and we've been told by support that there is only one courtesy transfer allowed between the accounts which I'm having trouble understanding because both are paid accounts under one master email. Thank you in advance for your clarification in this.
My assumptions:

1. While you are required to have membership, the character service is free. Therefore if there wasn't a cap on transfers, it would overwhelm the support team with requests.

2. KI has specifically said they do not do character transfers for mules (moving gear/items from one account to another). Moving the same character back and forth between accounts is usually a sign of mule activity. If you have noticed, this game does not have item trading in any capacity and they don't condone character transfer as a way to mitigate that limitation. KI archived all the old forum posts on character transfers and the specific post that indicated transfers would not be used for mule activity, but a separate post referencing that post is here:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/transferable-characters-8ad6a4245b191f52015b3c2bdae57249

However, the full character transfer requirements listed do indicate they only perform one courtesy transfer over the lifetime of the account:
https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game

We offer character transfers as a courtesy only. Limit 1 per account.

Courtesy character transfers can occur if:
a) both accounts are linked in a single Family of Accounts
b) both accounts pass our security checks
c) the Destination Account has an active membership
d) both accounts have had no significant sanctions including any of the following:
1. Compromises
2. Bans
3. Mutes
4. Suspensions
In addition
The Destination Account must:
* Have been logged into at least once (To activate the account)
* Have at least one open seat in the classroom (You can have no more than 6 wizards on an account or 7 or more if you have purchased an Extra Wizard Elixir or earned additional slots through events)

Please Note:
1. Courtesy transfers are limited to a lifetime maximum of 1 transfer per account.
2. Once a Transfer is performed it will not be reversed for any reason.
3. The character(s) must be at least level 15
4. Items in the Shared Bank will not transfer. You will need to place all items in a characters Backpack, Bank, Attic or Castle in order to have those items go with the transferred character.
5. Purchased areas will not transfer. They remain on the original account they were purchased on.
6. A character's friends list will not transfer
If you meet all of the conditions and have prepared your characters for their transfer by placing all items in their inventory, castles or personal bank
please open a support ticket with the following information.
1) The Source Account
2) the Destination Account (no passwords, please!)
3) the name(s) of the character(s) to be transferred
Once provided we will verify the accounts and make sure they meet the conditions to see if we can start the process of your 1 time courtesy character transfer for you.
Additional verification, information or verification may be necessary.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Flint Goldenhammer on May 15, 2020 wrote:
@Oran of Urz is correct on all counts. It has always been only 1 courtesy transfer and nothing more.

I did a transfer 9 years ago from main account to 2nd account. I was told the same thing @Oran of Urz as posted. As much as I would like to switch a wizard from main with one on 3rd account, that won't happen. My only option is to delete the one on main and create a new wizard there.

I also play with my grandson and my account has items he could use but can't be transferred. Support is there to FIX issues players are having with the game but not for our conveniences.

Using the system for purposes of moving items between accounts won't be honored by KI.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2019
Thanks for your feedback. I can appreciate them not wanting to tie up support resources on "mules" but it would be nice if player accounts linked to one master account could swap items between the player accounts if their membership is active. Personally, I'd consider that a value-add and that it would improve game experience.