Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dark Hound Hatching Rate?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Hey guys, I've just returned to the game after a few years and really getting into it this time. I'm currently working on getting myself a decent pet for my main (Death) and I settled on the Dark Hound. What I'm doing is breeding every 12 hours for the ones that cost 7500 gold, that way I can snag the pet I want and work on stats later. That being said, I've breeded both my Furious Krokomummy and my starter Midnight Cat nearly 10 times using the pet kiosk now, but all I get is the pet I used to breed and never the Dark Hound? Am I doing something wrong or is that literally just the chance of receiving a more rare pet? Orrrr, am I just incredibly unlucky?

Thanks guys, I hope I'm not throwing away my money for nothing

- Kane DeathWalker

Survivor
May 26, 2011
Hey,
I believe that in order to get the pet you want, you need to breed it with that same pet. So, you want a dark hound, go to the hatching kiosk and breed your best pet with a dark hound from the kiosk. You might not get it first try, but you will eventually get a dark hound.