Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Non-members cannot report players

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 03, 2018
Recently I returned to the game and decided to play as a non member for a bit to see if my cravings for W101 were temporary. I saw a player harassing another player in the Commons in a way that made me feel worried for their safety.

When I went to their player card to report them, the report button wasn't to be found.

After I bought my membership a few days later, the report button suddenly appeared once more.

Why is reporting a player suddenly hidden against a paywall? No other game (That I am aware of) does this, and honestly it upsets me.

This is extremely unfair, as even non-members can be subjected to abuse by other players. They're human too. You guys say "If you see a player not following the rules, report them!" but how can they?

I'm sorry for rambling, but this is just wrong. I hope this won't go unnoticed by other players in the future.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Sarikata on May 7, 2020 wrote:
Recently I returned to the game and decided to play as a non member for a bit to see if my cravings for W101 were temporary. I saw a player harassing another player in the Commons in a way that made me feel worried for their safety.

When I went to their player card to report them, the report button wasn't to be found.

After I bought my membership a few days later, the report button suddenly appeared once more.

Why is reporting a player suddenly hidden against a paywall? No other game (That I am aware of) does this, and honestly it upsets me.

This is extremely unfair, as even non-members can be subjected to abuse by other players. They're human too. You guys say "If you see a player not following the rules, report them!" but how can they?

I'm sorry for rambling, but this is just wrong. I hope this won't go unnoticed by other players in the future.
"Suddenly hidden behind a paywall"? It's been that way for the 9 years I've been playing W101. Only members can use the "report" button, but even non-members can take a screen shot of the abusive text and send it to Support including date, time zone and realm the incident took place in.
I believe the idea is to reduce the number of false reports by limiting who can report.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
This is nothing new. Kingsisle made it this way beacause it's so easy for none members to spam and abuse the report system and loss nothing from it.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Patrick Ravenbane on May 8, 2020 wrote:
This is nothing new. Kingsisle made it this way beacause it's so easy for none members to spam and abuse the report system and loss nothing from it.
...And members have never been known to spam or abuse that report button? This is simply a way of controlling the amount of reports, it has nothing to do with non-members "abusing the system".
As a non-member I resent the implication.

Administrator
Patrick Ravenbane on May 8, 2020 wrote:
This is one of the reasons. The more access granted to the system the more spammers, bots, and similar accounts will naturally be able to take advantage of that access. Since we have strict controls on safety for our players and community, we cannot let floods of inappropriate content coming into the boards.

Aside from those unscrupulous accounts, we have many more non-members that would be perfectly welcomed here in the forums as legitimate players of the game, so it's not them that this is being setup for of course.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Uh, guys, I thought those without member are not able to post here on this site. Can someone clarify this for me?

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
anecorbie on Jun 2, 2020 wrote:
...And members have never been known to spam or abuse that report button? This is simply a way of controlling the amount of reports, it has nothing to do with non-members "abusing the system".
As a non-member I resent the implication.
You didn't have to take it so personlly. My post was meant in general meaning not all the above reasons but one of the easy ones because most non-members don't get past Wizard City. So they just hang out intead; looking for fun. Sure members can do the same thing but the differnce is members will lose alot by getting baned. Non-members won't lose anything, They'll just make another account in no lose to them. Try not take my posts personlly for I'm not sterotype.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Sparck on Jun 3, 2020 wrote:
This is one of the reasons. The more access granted to the system the more spammers, bots, and similar accounts will naturally be able to take advantage of that access. Since we have strict controls on safety for our players and community, we cannot let floods of inappropriate content coming into the boards.

Aside from those unscrupulous accounts, we have many more non-members that would be perfectly welcomed here in the forums as legitimate players of the game, so it's not them that this is being setup for of course.
Thank you for clearing that up.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
stemogstel on Jun 3, 2020 wrote:
Uh, guys, I thought those without member are not able to post here on this site. Can someone clarify this for me?
I last I heard, Non member who buy zones with crown can be on message board? I may be wrong or did something change?