Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Message To The Developers

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Developers,

Yesterday's KI Live answered some of the pressing questions the community has been realing with since the very conception of the Spring Realm in the Test Realm.

You all spoke on PvP (5th Age on it's way)
You spoke on Deckathalons (next one is )
You spoke on Beastmoon Event (next one is coming up directly after this current pet event)
You spoke on a few bugs including the most popular one currently, the storm lord bug.
You spoke on Duelist Sets "taking a short break"
You spoke on the development of a new arc! - Excited to see this!
You spoke on Equipment Sets (would love to see sets on energy, fishing luck, perhaps pet luck or something too?)
&
Most important of all, you spoke on the UI Development.

It is clear that you all understood the frustrations the community had. But, a few things were not addressed. Professor Falmea emphasizes that you all value our feedback, but would still appreciate this be done in a polite and constructive way.

I agree.

But, these are a few questions that were failed to be answered though?

1. We spoke about our disdain for the spring update, particularly the UI and Pet Hatching Cost from the moment it got introduced into the test realm, why was it still rolled over into the Live Realm?
Was this a mistake?
Did you think the community would "forgive and get used to this?"

2. What was the reasoning behind increasing pet costs substantially?

3. Also, where will KI Live be posted for those who would want to view it?

Please note, we're grateful for the hard work you all do towards the game. You are all humans too, so I'm sure that what you all read online must've stung a little.
Most of us didn't mean to come off as strong as we did.
But, we're an extremely vocal community.

If we dislike something, we're going to communicate it.

We want to see the game get better, not worse.
We love the game, so our passion for it knows no bound.

Please continue the good work and understand that, if we express our thoughts on something during test and they are mostly negative, please, please don't ignore our comments and still rolls these changes into the Live Realm.

Administrator
Star Edward on May 1, 2020 wrote:
Developers,

Yesterday's KI Live answered some of the pressing questions the community has been realing with since the very conception of the Spring Realm in the Test Realm.

You all spoke on PvP (5th Age on it's way)
You spoke on Deckathalons (next one is )
You spoke on Beastmoon Event (next one is coming up directly after this current pet event)
You spoke on a few bugs including the most popular one currently, the storm lord bug.
You spoke on Duelist Sets "taking a short break"
You spoke on the development of a new arc! - Excited to see this!
You spoke on Equipment Sets (would love to see sets on energy, fishing luck, perhaps pet luck or something too?)
&
Most important of all, you spoke on the UI Development.

It is clear that you all understood the frustrations the community had. But, a few things were not addressed. Professor Falmea emphasizes that you all value our feedback, but would still appreciate this be done in a polite and constructive way.

I agree.

But, these are a few questions that were failed to be answered though?

1. We spoke about our disdain for the spring update, particularly the UI and Pet Hatching Cost from the moment it got introduced into the test realm, why was it still rolled over into the Live Realm?
Was this a mistake?
Did you think the community would "forgive and get used to this?"

2. What was the reasoning behind increasing pet costs substantially?

3. Also, where will KI Live be posted for those who would want to view it?

Please note, we're grateful for the hard work you all do towards the game. You are all humans too, so I'm sure that what you all read online must've stung a little.
Most of us didn't mean to come off as strong as we did.
But, we're an extremely vocal community.

If we dislike something, we're going to communicate it.

We want to see the game get better, not worse.
We love the game, so our passion for it knows no bound.

Please continue the good work and understand that, if we express our thoughts on something during test and they are mostly negative, please, please don't ignore our comments and still rolls these changes into the Live Realm.

Thanks Star Edward for the passion! I'm glad that KI Live was useful here.

To answer your questions:

1. We're working on tweaking the UI further based on player feedback. This takes time though, we can't do it in a single day, so please be patient with us here.

2. I'll have to let our designers address this one. There's a lot of balance considerations with the game with new features and how they interact with existing ones.

3. Later this afternoon on youtube.com/kingsisle. Lots of fun videos posted there aside from KI Lives too!

Thank you again for your passion, we're listening!

Survivor
May 20, 2009
My Wife and I tuned into the KI Live event from April 30th. My wife and I have played the game for many years now. We are not happy with the latest release. We tried to watch the live event but were disgusted after 20 minutes of your lack of addressing the issues and had to cease watching it. We are all having to work from home and it is a challenge. If you were to be more professional during these Live Events I/we might be inclined to view the conference in its entirety. I agree with many of the other players and can't believe you would spend your time during the live event avoiding the significant issues the recent update has caused.

I don't want 5000 crowns for watching the Live event. I prefer you fix the game before we find something else to occupy our time.

Administrator
Ninja Boy on May 1, 2020 wrote:
My Wife and I tuned into the KI Live event from April 30th. My wife and I have played the game for many years now. We are not happy with the latest release. We tried to watch the live event but were disgusted after 20 minutes of your lack of addressing the issues and had to cease watching it. We are all having to work from home and it is a challenge. If you were to be more professional during these Live Events I/we might be inclined to view the conference in its entirety. I agree with many of the other players and can't believe you would spend your time during the live event avoiding the significant issues the recent update has caused.

I don't want 5000 crowns for watching the Live event. I prefer you fix the game before we find something else to occupy our time.
Thanks Ninja Boy for watching part of the show! We're sorry to hear that you only got into the first 20 minutes of it, as we did address many of the issues and concerns starting around 35 minutes in.

To help ensure important comments are not missed if you are unable to watch the show in its entirety, we are planning future shows to bump up important urgent questions to the top first. We feel really bad when these are missed, as we want you to know we're listening to your feedback.

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
Instead of having us retrain pets to fetch and make small hits. I would rather see something like the jewel system implemented.
We could craft pet Collars for our existing pets, the pet must be at least Epic to hold the collar, each collar could have 5 HEART SHAPE JEWEL sockets that can hold the MAY FIND Jewels and also be unlocked like it is set now. It could also have 5 DIAMOND SHAPE JEWEL sockets that can hold MAY HIT jewels.
So a pet would have 5 talents and a possibility of one or 2 star jewels, space to hold at least 5 Diamond shape and 5 Heart shape jewels. Even if we are allowed to hold just one of each for now.
The Happiness is also great, I would like to see it also being taken advantage in our current May Cast, the Pet will not do a may cast if not happy, but a higher possibility if it is happy.
I think the community would have better feedback in a system that works like this.

Survivor
May 20, 2009
Sparck on May 1, 2020 wrote:
Thanks Ninja Boy for watching part of the show! We're sorry to hear that you only got into the first 20 minutes of it, as we did address many of the issues and concerns starting around 35 minutes in.

To help ensure important comments are not missed if you are unable to watch the show in its entirety, we are planning future shows to bump up important urgent questions to the top first. We feel really bad when these are missed, as we want you to know we're listening to your feedback.
Thank you for your reply. I have played for many years and have only posted lately due to my displeasure. Please understand that I know you have alot on your plate right now but I had to let you know. Thanks again.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Cat Wildbreeze on May 2, 2020 wrote:
Instead of having us retrain pets to fetch and make small hits. I would rather see something like the jewel system implemented.
We could craft pet Collars for our existing pets, the pet must be at least Epic to hold the collar, each collar could have 5 HEART SHAPE JEWEL sockets that can hold the MAY FIND Jewels and also be unlocked like it is set now. It could also have 5 DIAMOND SHAPE JEWEL sockets that can hold MAY HIT jewels.
So a pet would have 5 talents and a possibility of one or 2 star jewels, space to hold at least 5 Diamond shape and 5 Heart shape jewels. Even if we are allowed to hold just one of each for now.
The Happiness is also great, I would like to see it also being taken advantage in our current May Cast, the Pet will not do a may cast if not happy, but a higher possibility if it is happy.
I think the community would have better feedback in a system that works like this.
I like the thought of crafting pet collars.

Possibly reagent could also include Hatching Peppers (which will increase the amounts of pets available within the Kiosk again).

But I still would like to see the pet hatching reverting though if this be the case.

This actually isn't a bad idea though.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Ninja Boy on May 1, 2020 wrote:

Well they did have two designers that aren’t usually there to specifically talk about the latest issues. Three if you count the man that left early.

That being said, I know it takes a little bit before we get into the vital information, but it is like that every month. Perhaps Sparck & team can find a way to have a checklist/checkpoint UI system that is on the side of the screen during the live show. There is another MMO game live stream that does this.

Example:

Box 1: KI Live introduction
Box 2: Wizard/Pirate News
Box 3: Community Questions, Tips, and Concerns.
Box 4: Special Guest (this usually happens during questions.)
Box 5: Wizard Gameplay
Box 6: Screenshots
Box 7: Code Giveaway

Each box should be treated as a chapter, it should show which one we are on, which ones have been completed, and which ones are next. This should help when circumstances like this happen, should you wish to know what part your interested in will show.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Blaze03554 on May 6, 2020 wrote:
Well they did have two designers that aren’t usually there to specifically talk about the latest issues. Three if you count the man that left early.

That being said, I know it takes a little bit before we get into the vital information, but it is like that every month. Perhaps Sparck & team can find a way to have a checklist/checkpoint UI system that is on the side of the screen during the live show. There is another MMO game live stream that does this.

Example:

Box 1: KI Live introduction
Box 2: Wizard/Pirate News
Box 3: Community Questions, Tips, and Concerns.
Box 4: Special Guest (this usually happens during questions.)
Box 5: Wizard Gameplay
Box 6: Screenshots
Box 7: Code Giveaway

Each box should be treated as a chapter, it should show which one we are on, which ones have been completed, and which ones are next. This should help when circumstances like this happen, should you wish to know what part your interested in will show.

Don't forget the Pirate101 Gameplay! Those of us that play Pirate101 also enjoy a bit of the spotlight.