Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

House Terraforming & Castle Property Editing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 27, 2011
Hi KI!

So I was just thinking about decorating and how sometimes, there are pieces of nature or architecture already present in the home that may or may not interfere with design. So I suggest something like terraforming, or the ability to edit our castle property.

Now, I can see how this can be iffy, so I have a compromise of sorts. Maybe don't give us the ability to completely demolish and rearrange our castles so that they're unrecognizable because that defeats the purpose of things like castle blocks and building the castle the way it was designed in the first place, but— maybe being able to remove or replace foliage throughout the castle, or maybe adding a little island if someone would like, moving the world door, etc. Terraforming in the most basic sense, while also working around the parameters of item limit... and again, nothing drastic as to reduce the benefit of castle blocks, but just basic terraforming as I expressed above.

I think this could allow for more creativity in terms of housing and decor and can give us decorators a lot more room and capacity to express our ideas. A lot of us already build out of the bounds of houses, so I think basic terraforming could be really fun as well!

Thank you for allowing me to express my ideas to the community! ~

Administrator
MissFortuned on Apr 18, 2020 wrote:
Hi KI!

So I was just thinking about decorating and how sometimes, there are pieces of nature or architecture already present in the home that may or may not interfere with design. So I suggest something like terraforming, or the ability to edit our castle property.

Now, I can see how this can be iffy, so I have a compromise of sorts. Maybe don't give us the ability to completely demolish and rearrange our castles so that they're unrecognizable because that defeats the purpose of things like castle blocks and building the castle the way it was designed in the first place, but— maybe being able to remove or replace foliage throughout the castle, or maybe adding a little island if someone would like, moving the world door, etc. Terraforming in the most basic sense, while also working around the parameters of item limit... and again, nothing drastic as to reduce the benefit of castle blocks, but just basic terraforming as I expressed above.

I think this could allow for more creativity in terms of housing and decor and can give us decorators a lot more room and capacity to express our ideas. A lot of us already build out of the bounds of houses, so I think basic terraforming could be really fun as well!

Thank you for allowing me to express my ideas to the community! ~
Hi shine414!

An interesting decorating suggestion. Have you tried Castle Magic by chance?

Survivor
Jul 27, 2011
Sparck on Apr 20, 2020 wrote:
Hi shine414!

An interesting decorating suggestion. Have you tried Castle Magic by chance?
Hi Sparck!

Indeed I have, and I use castle magic quite regularly when I decorate, but it isn't exactly what I mean— What I mean by terraforming and having the ability to move trees and all is in relation to trees already existent in the house previous to our wizards being able to buy it and decorate it— so basically, the ability to move trees and all that are already coded to exist on the property! I know it may be difficult to achieve, as it sounds complex on its own, but again, it is just a suggestion! ~ Autumn Fireblade

Survivor
Apr 10, 2019
MissFortuned on Apr 21, 2020 wrote:
Hi Sparck!

Indeed I have, and I use castle magic quite regularly when I decorate, but it isn't exactly what I mean— What I mean by terraforming and having the ability to move trees and all is in relation to trees already existent in the house previous to our wizards being able to buy it and decorate it— so basically, the ability to move trees and all that are already coded to exist on the property! I know it may be difficult to achieve, as it sounds complex on its own, but again, it is just a suggestion! ~ Autumn Fireblade
It would be a perfect addition! I'd love to move my world door and a few trees that don't match my Castle Plot :c

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
Being able to customize our houses is something that many decorators would love. Being able to move fixed elements like trees, walls, and doors would be really cool. But even if it's too hard to add or move things, I wonder if we could get the ability to remove them? In some houses I'm trying to cover up the graphics of the house exterior and it would be cool if we could just remove them (as well as removing the invisible wall it has) so we have more yard to work with and don't have to try to hide an entire house. The house door could be left and covered over or worked into the decor by the decorator, or better yet, able to be moved. Some houses also have trees or other features that can get in the way. I'm assuming that often the graphics of the yard continues right under the element so it wouldn't look bad. If all that's too hard, a way to customize the yard without altering the actual house would be if we could craft some large land masses in the styles of the house landscapes. Even just letting us apply floor and wall coverings to the castle blocks would help here. Also, now that it is so easy to position objects (we cannot thank KI enough for that!!) it would be really helpful if we could disable the invisible walls in an area, or put a door though them.