Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tips for Crafting?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 09, 2019
Hey,
So I'm a level 26 necro and I just finished Krokotopia. Before going onto the other worlds I wanted to give crafting a try. I know nothing about crafting so I apologize if I come off as simpleminded in asking if crafting is worth it, and what tips would you give to a death wizard interested in going ham on crafting quests?
Thanks!

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
The low-level gear crafting recipes aren't necessarily great. However, completing those quests gives you gold, and opens up more crafting slots. Once you get to Wintertusk, that's when the crafting recipes for gear come in handy. Wintertusk crated gear is fantastic, and while the recipes contain reagents that may seem hard to find, if you've trained transmute spells (using ore to make diamonds, etc.), you'll be able to craft the gear fairly easily.

Another reason to continue to complete crafting quests is an NPC in Celestia gives you a crafting quest that, once finished, gives you a training point.

Finally, once you reach Avalon (The Wyrd), you can craft trained spells like Loremaster.

Here is a link to a good guide on crafting: https://finalbastion.com/wizard101-guides/w101-crafting-guides/wizard101-crafting-guide-101/

Good luck!

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
sirahh1 on Apr 13, 2020 wrote:
Hey,
So I'm a level 26 necro and I just finished Krokotopia. Before going onto the other worlds I wanted to give crafting a try. I know nothing about crafting so I apologize if I come off as simpleminded in asking if crafting is worth it, and what tips would you give to a death wizard interested in going ham on crafting quests?
Thanks!
When you see a reagent, pick it up! Whether you think you need it or not. Sooner or later, that reagent may be needed for a craft quest.
And if you have too many, sell the surplus to the bazaar for gold!
Enjoy!

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
sirahh1 on Apr 13, 2020 wrote:
Hey,
Thanks!
Also

Buy as many transmutes as you can, it's very useful if you don't have a certain rare reagent to make them from the more common ones.
Make sure that you're using the correct table for the project. You can find out what table is required by looking at the recipe card ( bottom left on the page ).

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
anecorbie on Apr 14, 2020 wrote:
When you see a reagent, pick it up! Whether you think you need it or not. Sooner or later, that reagent may be needed for a craft quest.
And if you have too many, sell the surplus to the bazaar for gold!
Enjoy!
I had no idea how handy those hundreds of stone blocks and sandstone would be.