Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

One off reagents solution, The transmogrifrog

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
So i have noticed, as someone who enjoys crafting, that recently KI has moved away from rare universal reagents, amber,sun stone, etc. in favor of more "one off reagents" (beast moon reagents, Clay, deckathalon reagents,each unique spellement and most recently time limes.) now personally i am mixed on the issue as once you finish crafting what ever you need with said reagents whether it be the gauntlet robe or hands of fate, you are basically done with that reagent. So while i get the value of one off reagents (to prevent hoarding in an off time and increase grind time) i also think that there needs to be something to do with said reagents i get if i don't want them. Introducing my idea (which i would like KI to steal) The Transmogrifrog

The premise is he would be an npc in a world who would be able to be given reagents and CHANGE THEM into a brand new one. For some gold of corse, his work aint free. Now the benefits to KI are pretty cool as it
1 gives them another gold sink in the game
2.allows them to make more reagents without having to worry about players complains about them being useless
3. it allows them to do a new member benefit ( either free transmogrification or better transmogrification)
4. it allows them to control reagents better as they can update what he gives behind the scenes. (example players not going to mb enough well then now your magical clay is worth 6 scrap iron today. Are too many players going to MB well this week a 10 scrap iron is worth 10 spellements one time only.

But it also has benefits to the player
1. if you get a reagent such as a spellement you dont want or clay for the dungeon you already have. You can turn it into something you will use.
2. it makes better reagents available to you based on what you offer so do you need 1 more amber well go to the frog and see if he will offer you any for what you have today.

I just thought about this idea and wanted to know what you thought, and i would love to hear from a CM or KI person about the increase in one off reagents vs more universal ones and if they have a plan to solve the problem?

Thanks so much
-Shawn Fire