Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hey this is My First Wizard and i need help with my training points

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 01, 2012
Im a fire wizard level 60 and i want to make sure im making the right decision with my training points because of the free training point buy back. People tell me not to get satyr if i dont have the amulet which cost crowns and im not sure if i should get the elemental trap or if im not getting the satyr im not sure if i should get the legend shield.

Administrator
rock1770 on Mar 27, 2020 wrote:
Im a fire wizard level 60 and i want to make sure im making the right decision with my training points because of the free training point buy back. People tell me not to get satyr if i dont have the amulet which cost crowns and im not sure if i should get the elemental trap or if im not getting the satyr im not sure if i should get the legend shield.
Welcome rock1770 to the community forums! Someone here I'm sure will be able to assist you :).

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
rock1770 on Mar 27, 2020 wrote:
Hello, Rock1770! Let me tell you my opinion.

Regarding Satyr, people are right that you need the Life Mastery Amulet. Satyr's pip cost is quite high, and without a mastery amulet you could be spending those vital rounds you need to heal yourself scrambling for pips. Better to stick with your Fairy or Sprite, or let a Pet or Life Wizard do the job.

Regarding Elemental Trap, you should absolutely get it. I know it may sound costly with that Pip you need to cast it, but it can stack with your regular Fire Traps. What I mean is that if you have an Elemental and a Fire Trap on the enemy, both traps will be used in an attack. It's very handy to have!

Regarding Legend Shield, it may be very useful to block two schools at once, but the individual school Shields resist more damage. If you're fighting a boss, it might be more useful to block its attacks over the minions (unless the boss and minion ca both be blocked by a dual shield spell like Legend Shield.)

Survivor
Jan 01, 2012
Thanks for the reply! So i should just stick with the treasure cards for heals and shields then? Also you have any specific guide to a training point usage for a fire wizard?
THANKS!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
As a pyromancer, these are my thoughts;

~Firstly, train up to Feint. It's arguably one of the most useful spells within the game, especially in solo instances. I highly recommend learning the spell now.

~ Secondly, learning Satyr is completely optional, especially if you don't have a life mastery. You can opted instead to buy Treasures and use those instead. Don't waste your points on spells you aren't going to use much.

~ You also don't need Legend Shield. If you insists on defending yourself, I recommend heading over to and learning Tower Shield.

~ I will also encourage you to learn all the damage enchanting spells such as tough, strong, monstrous etc. Ignore the accuracy ones. You don't necessarily need those.

~ Visit the school as well and learn Amplify, Fortify and Berserk. Very useful, especially the two latter.

~ Learn Elemental Blades from Niles, you don't need Elemental Traps, especially since you will already have access to spells such as Feint and Fuel.

Post if you've anymore queries,

Good Luck!

Survivor
Jan 01, 2012
I actually like the elemental trap just cuz everyone in the team can use it and ist extra damage, also are there any other spells i should train after the sun and star school, ive see like an a tab with this black swirl and this monstrology one to i assume its another type of class of cards right? Do i need any of those cards. Also is reshuffle worth it?