Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Resistance Opals

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 30, 2015
Ok I am a lvl 85 (as of today) and started socketing for more resistance when I found out that there is a reason behind the segregation in tiers. I had spent 675 arena tickets on resistance opals +20 and at first thought it was too good to be true. Imagine my dismay when I found out it was. There is no disambiguation that I know of offered by Katherine Rockhammer or Jordo Mistborn. I believe that not only should there be such a thing (if it wasn't already added) but also that this should be converted to a percentage, because 20 flat is not that much. If not, it should at least be increased to 100 or more or at the very least its cost should be lowered because a gemstone like that is not worth 225 arena tickets

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
Opals in general are hard to come by. Especially if you are at levels higher than the opal you are looking for. Most wizards put defense on their pet because that is a "percentage of" stat versus an "addition of" stat. They really need to increase the drop rates of some of the higher level opals just so the game isn't so mundane all the time.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Liz The Wiz on Mar 19, 2020 wrote:
Ok I am a lvl 85 (as of today) and started socketing for more resistance when I found out that there is a reason behind the segregation in tiers. I had spent 675 arena tickets on resistance opals +20 and at first thought it was too good to be true. Imagine my dismay when I found out it was. There is no disambiguation that I know of offered by Katherine Rockhammer or Jordo Mistborn. I believe that not only should there be such a thing (if it wasn't already added) but also that this should be converted to a percentage, because 20 flat is not that much. If not, it should at least be increased to 100 or more or at the very least its cost should be lowered because a gemstone like that is not worth 225 arena tickets
They actually help a lot, especially with mob fights. If an has 62% resist with, let’s say 88 flat resist, an incoming meteor strike that would normally do 345, would then do 43 damage.

[345 * (1-0.62) - 88]

345 incoming damage multiplied by 0.38 = 131.1
131.1 - 88 = 43.1
Rounding would make this display as 43 I believe.