Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Any current issues with the Professor's Hoard drop rate?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 19, 2018
Hello Forums, I was writing in question as to whether or not there is currently an issue with the Owl Protege drop rate within the pack, as I know there has been in the past. Normally with packs, by the time I sink in 10,000-15,000 Crowns, I have a couple of the pack pets. However, after spending 20,000 Crowns (About $50 CAD) I had, not once, managed to have the Owl Protege drop, which was odd and disheartening, only for me to end up reading that there has previously been an issue with it in the past. Is there currently the possibility of an ongoing issue with the Protege Pet, or is it just a case of terrible drop-rates? It may be time for me to step away from these packs, and stick to getting them strictly as rewards.

Thanks and all the best.

Administrator
m0xiem0xie on Mar 13, 2020 wrote:
Hello Forums, I was writing in question as to whether or not there is currently an issue with the Owl Protege drop rate within the pack, as I know there has been in the past. Normally with packs, by the time I sink in 10,000-15,000 Crowns, I have a couple of the pack pets. However, after spending 20,000 Crowns (About $50 CAD) I had, not once, managed to have the Owl Protege drop, which was odd and disheartening, only for me to end up reading that there has previously been an issue with it in the past. Is there currently the possibility of an ongoing issue with the Protege Pet, or is it just a case of terrible drop-rates? It may be time for me to step away from these packs, and stick to getting them strictly as rewards.

Thanks and all the best.
Hello! The drop rate hasn't changed, so I suspect it's just bad luck in this case :(.

Though you said that there's been issues with it in the past. Could you point me to those discussions please? I want to make sure there isn't some other underlying problem here.

Thanks!