Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Convert Aura Spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 25, 2013
Hey all!

Soloing can be a bit tedious at higher levels, especially against the same schools. Since it could take multiple hits to take out a tanky boss that would call for several turns being used up putting on converts. And with the Astral spells that came with the Arcanum, I think Convert Auras would be a great addition.

Converts are amazing, but due to them being restricted to one at a time can be a bit annoying. A boss with high resist can easily get 50-70% of your damage off, meaning you can't finish off a boss with just a stray hit after your main hit, so you have to use another turn actually casting a convert just to finish off their leftover health. (And if you are soloing in later worlds a extra round can cost you everything.) With Aura converts, it can last around 4 rounds, meaning you can use the aura right before you hit, and follow up quickly as well without worrying about pulling for another convert, or using those extra turns.

Its just a quick simple idea that i think would get a lot of use out of all players, and a lot of love from the ones who find themselves soloing.

Thank you for reading through!

Survivor
Apr 07, 2011
GoldenHephaetus on Mar 1, 2020 wrote:
Hey all!

Soloing can be a bit tedious at higher levels, especially against the same schools. Since it could take multiple hits to take out a tanky boss that would call for several turns being used up putting on converts. And with the Astral spells that came with the Arcanum, I think Convert Auras would be a great addition.

Converts are amazing, but due to them being restricted to one at a time can be a bit annoying. A boss with high resist can easily get 50-70% of your damage off, meaning you can't finish off a boss with just a stray hit after your main hit, so you have to use another turn actually casting a convert just to finish off their leftover health. (And if you are soloing in later worlds a extra round can cost you everything.) With Aura converts, it can last around 4 rounds, meaning you can use the aura right before you hit, and follow up quickly as well without worrying about pulling for another convert, or using those extra turns.

Its just a quick simple idea that i think would get a lot of use out of all players, and a lot of love from the ones who find themselves soloing.

Thank you for reading through!
Hoping spark and other are taking this in consideration! This is an awesome idea - I thought of this year ago or so. If they fear of making this breaking the game, then they should put it exclusively for high levels only and no tc - so it dont ruin pvp. I think this idea really deserves some love and looking into!

I can only hope this idea makes it into the game!

Defender
May 11, 2013
Cowdy09 on Mar 5, 2020 wrote:
Hoping spark and other are taking this in consideration! This is an awesome idea - I thought of this year ago or so. If they fear of making this breaking the game, then they should put it exclusively for high levels only and no tc - so it dont ruin pvp. I think this idea really deserves some love and looking into!

I can only hope this idea makes it into the game!
It could even be made No PvP and it would not be game breaking at all, keep the high level aspect since low level play don't need such an aura.