Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Low level wizards entering high level skeleton key bosses

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 24, 2013
I'd like to reiterate a statement made in the August 2016 update:

"We’ve created new rules for the Team Up Button so we can limit low level people joining high level encounters."

Unfortunately, these rules have NOT be updated for the new Skeleton Key category in the Team Up Kiosk. Because of this, my Myth Wizard joined the battle with the Aethyr Elemental, which is technically in a world she hasn't even gotten access to yet. She is still in Khrysalis and this is in Empyrea, three worlds down. My Storm Wizard hasn't even reached Fort Rachias and she was able to join up a team up against the Mimic key boss, which is in MIRAGE.

I didn't have too many problems helping out with my Level 101 wizards, but the group did not like my presence because I was too low level. I think that your error correction, "We’ve created new rules for the Team Up Button so we can limit low level people joining high level encounters", needs to apply to the Team Up Kiosk for Skeleton Key Battles. The reason I got these encounters was because someone had a gold key and my character found these battles in the kiosk. These options should NOT be in the Kiosk if your character has not reached that world yet. I've seen way too many requests for Omen Striborg, Captain Tenns'yn and the above mentioned encounters. My Level 60 Fire Wizard, who was still in CELESTIA, was able to join the boss fight with Lambent Fire and get the badge for beating him BEFORE reaching Crystal Caves for Bartleby's sake! Now she's drooling over fighting him again and again to try to learn Burning Rampage!

Seriously, this part of the Kiosk needs to be fixed: My Myth Wizard helped fight Captain Tenn'syn and NEARLY DIED due to his Shadow Pip cheat because her health was too low level. Please fix the kiosk so players who have not reached that area yet cannot access those boss fights. I have to bring this up because chances are nobody else will. (Besides, my character got loot way above their level which was useless to them. My Level 101s should be farming Darkmoor, not these key bosses.) I apologize for any offense I made but I want anyone who's exploited the kiosk to get into Skeleton Key boss fights they shouldn't been able to access yet to come out now. I know who you guys are, I've been there.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
CJ Snivy on Feb 4, 2020 wrote:
I'd like to reiterate a statement made in the August 2016 update:

"We’ve created new rules for the Team Up Button so we can limit low level people joining high level encounters."

Unfortunately, these rules have NOT be updated for the new Skeleton Key category in the Team Up Kiosk. Because of this, my Myth Wizard joined the battle with the Aethyr Elemental, which is technically in a world she hasn't even gotten access to yet. She is still in Khrysalis and this is in Empyrea, three worlds down. My Storm Wizard hasn't even reached Fort Rachias and she was able to join up a team up against the Mimic key boss, which is in MIRAGE.

I didn't have too many problems helping out with my Level 101 wizards, but the group did not like my presence because I was too low level. I think that your error correction, "We’ve created new rules for the Team Up Button so we can limit low level people joining high level encounters", needs to apply to the Team Up Kiosk for Skeleton Key Battles. The reason I got these encounters was because someone had a gold key and my character found these battles in the kiosk. These options should NOT be in the Kiosk if your character has not reached that world yet. I've seen way too many requests for Omen Striborg, Captain Tenns'yn and the above mentioned encounters. My Level 60 Fire Wizard, who was still in CELESTIA, was able to join the boss fight with Lambent Fire and get the badge for beating him BEFORE reaching Crystal Caves for Bartleby's sake! Now she's drooling over fighting him again and again to try to learn Burning Rampage!

Seriously, this part of the Kiosk needs to be fixed: My Myth Wizard helped fight Captain Tenn'syn and NEARLY DIED due to his Shadow Pip cheat because her health was too low level. Please fix the kiosk so players who have not reached that area yet cannot access those boss fights. I have to bring this up because chances are nobody else will. (Besides, my character got loot way above their level which was useless to them. My Level 101s should be farming Darkmoor, not these key bosses.) I apologize for any offense I made but I want anyone who's exploited the kiosk to get into Skeleton Key boss fights they shouldn't been able to access yet to come out now. I know who you guys are, I've been there.
Honestly now, why did you join such high level fights if your wizard wasn't at the appropriate level? Your team mates had a very good reason to be annoyed with you; they had to fight a difficult battle with someone who wouldn't be capable to help ( and needing help from them to stay alive ).
And after you've done all those encounters, now you come here to ask KI to block lower levels from entering. A one time joining is forgivable, perhaps you were testing to see if you could join, but repeated joining in when you knew players don't want lower levels in their team up is being ( forgive me ) a troll.
Now you have all that wonderful ( useless? ) gear that will be useful when you reach that level.
If you you're not at the right level don't join a dungeon ( period )!

Survivor
Jul 24, 2013
Okay, you're right. Don't bite my head off.

I was suggesting something, but I guess it's difficult to do that. Sorry. Yes, it's the player's responsibility. I should know better, I just played the devil's advocate because new players might not bother with the Internet. Of course, they should nope out when they see that gold lock...

I should be complaining more about why Leprechaun spellements are being dropped by a high-level enemy. I heard that low-level bosses might drop spellements, but no proof. I suggest if they have to have skeleton key boss drop spellements, let them be dropped by wood key bosses like Ra, Sapoti, or Takanobu. By the time they get the final upgrade, they'll already have dropped those spells like hot garbage for stronger spells like, oh, Seraph and Ice Wyvern. I know KI wants to avoid having Level 5 wizards running around in PvP with those spells, but they need to realize that spellements can be put in the Shared Bank, so it's a moot point.