Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The New Team Up Menu

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 20, 2014
Don't get me wrong, it's great, but I still feel it doesn't entirely help. I've been trying to farm the side Aquilla bosses for some time, but most of the "farming" groups I've gotten have been questing groups, especially for Mount Olympus. There needs to be something to further differentiate the farming groups.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Scooter07210 on Jan 22, 2020 wrote:
Don't get me wrong, it's great, but I still feel it doesn't entirely help. I've been trying to farm the side Aquilla bosses for some time, but most of the "farming" groups I've gotten have been questing groups, especially for Mount Olympus. There needs to be something to further differentiate the farming groups.
I know! What about an option that says "Side boss" or something like that? It would make team-up more viable for players trying to farm things like Gladiator Dimacherus, Aphrodite II, Ixcax CursedWing, and so on. It would be a lovely addition to the new Team Up options.

Administrator
Scooter07210 on Jan 22, 2020 wrote:
Great point Scooter. We made some adjustments recently that brought the feature forward, and we'll tighten up those changes where needed.

Do you have a suggestion on what would be apparent for all players?

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
Ive made 4 posts that Kingisle didnt allow.

So Im upset also, why would you take out the ability to team up and also go into the instance?

You deleted my first message for me using all caps on 2 words.
Thats stupid. on to the topic.

I think the option to choose quest or farm is beneficial.
I think the option to choose minimum players is okay but not clear on if it limits you.

I think making it take you off team up if you decide to go in and look or try to solo it has
absolutely no purpose and it actually hinders what I have become used to since the game first
introduced team up.

I want to do a dungeon or instance. But I also want to have a backup option waiting in the background
if I fail. How does changing that aspect of the team up option help the player? In any way.
I fail to see how that one specific change of not allowing me to stay on team up while I try to solo the instance
does anything but hinder any and every players gaming experience.l

The whole time I am trying to solo something I am waiting and hoping someone will grab the team up.

So now I have to team up and just stand there, can't go in, can't do anything but leave the area that I need to complete an instance and holy cow someone just walked up while Im waiting but Im on team up and they go in solo because I am somewhere else instead of standing at the door waiting doing nothing.

This is seriously a big major deal. It makes no sense and if it has to do with, "Well there are a lot of people on team up waiting and it takes up server resources."
Then here is your answer! We paid for those resources, every month since this game came online!
This is one of the most pointless changes and if it is only related to your server resources after we paid you your membership fee then I'm calling thieves.

I want my ability to go into an instance while also being able to have the option to team up however the heck I want to! This change makes no sense. None!

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
This post was made in 2014.

It took you all 6 Years to reply to it and then didnt include the reply I posted about how you cannot
go in a dungeon if you team up and have to either sit there or change your whole agenda of your quest line because you cannot go in the instance without breaking the team up or going somewhere else to do something because you are forced to stand there and if someone shows up now you have to break team up with in 10 seconds if that person that wonderfully showed up goes straight in and you are stuck trying to fumble your mouse to get out of team up so you can join this awesome person that just happened by since you could not go in and try to solo it alone while you had the back up of possibly someone else joining team up because now you cant go in to the instance and be on team up and who does that help and who does that benefit and did that promote a cheat any way? No it did not, It did nothing but offer paying members the options with which they have become comfortable with and I just want to know why why and why and what point is this change! Ive played since this game started. This is the first time I have ever said I may just quit.

This is the worst change ever since this game started!

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Sparck, I used Team-up on test realm and I like the change but something is still missing I like to see level range sellect bars added. Then a wizard who wants help to farm or with a battle can select a level range of a wizard he/she wants help from. So that way the fight is more enjoyable for everyone. Example: I like to farm Mirror Lake for gear to sell and get maga snacks. I do not enjoy a battle when a wizard is 40+ level higher than I am leaving me to no chance to cast off a good spell even to defeat one creature. Will you please add level range sellect bars to Tean-up?

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
I teamed up on the kiosk that had a 4 next to it, we waited for the fourth player for a while. one player dropped the team up then I did, we could have completed the dungeon with just the three of us.
when the instigator of the team up drops out or doesn't get into the fight, I wasted my time trying to get points. especially for the scroll.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I really dislike the new team up.. I typically try and solo things but sometimes on the really hard stuff I need help. I don't care if someone is farming or is questing.. I just need help.. So what team up to i use? It is like cutting my chances in half to get help or to find a team if it is split into two options.. Please please take this away!

Explorer
May 06, 2013
Sparck on Jan 22, 2020 wrote:
Great point Scooter. We made some adjustments recently that brought the feature forward, and we'll tighten up those changes where needed.

Sparck, what about adding wizard's level above there name in Team-up so others can see what level you are. Too many times I end up in battle with others much higher level than I am. It's not fun when others do most of the killing.

Explorer
May 06, 2013
Idony09 on Jan 24, 2020 wrote:
I really dislike the new team up.. I typically try and solo things but sometimes on the really hard stuff I need help. I don't care if someone is farming or is questing.. I just need help.. So what team up to i use? It is like cutting my chances in half to get help or to find a team if it is split into two options.. Please please take this away!
I'll be glad to help you. Most of my wizards are max level some lower level. I play everyday. If you like we can meet?

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
jetlightning on Jan 28, 2020 wrote:
I'll be glad to help you. Most of my wizards are max level some lower level. I play everyday. If you like we can meet?
Thank you for your kind offer.. At the moment I got pass the part i was having trouble with.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
jetlightning on Jan 28, 2020 wrote:
I really dislike it too. It could affect if i keep the game or not and I have been playing for over 10 years! Then they change this team up and it was hard before, now I have to sit there and wait to get a team. Its pointless. I don't want to sit and wait for a team that damn long. It was hard before to get a team and now its completely impossible! I doubt I will be staying with this game much longer due to this major awful change.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
I'm split two ways on this argument.

For KI, I like that they tried to improve Team Up to make it better. It's a good concept and I appreciate that the time was taken to attempt to make a service better. However good it was in concept, though, the execution was bad. The playerbase's arguments are valid and need to be fixed pronto.

For the other players, you are all raising good points, and I agree that something needs to be done. However, KI did try to make this service better, and you've got to appreciate that. Also, threatening to quit doesn't work. It's actually kind of pointless.

I've heard from several players that not being able to go into an instance while waiting in Team Up is inconvenient.

I'm planing to change this in the Spring Update so that players can go into an instance while waiting in Team Up but once the countdown starts, I'll pop up the Team Window to remind them that their team is starting soon.

Arthur

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Arthur Wethersfiel... on Feb 26, 2020 wrote:
I've heard from several players that not being able to go into an instance while waiting in Team Up is inconvenient.

I'm planing to change this in the Spring Update so that players can go into an instance while waiting in Team Up but once the countdown starts, I'll pop up the Team Window to remind them that their team is starting soon.

Arthur
May I make another recommendation?

It would be very much helpful if there was an option in Team Up for hidden and Skeleton Key bosses, like Gladiator Dimacherus and Aphrodite II. I know there's already a Skeleton Key option, but unfortunately there is no such thing for bosses like that in existing dungeons. What there was an option for 'hidden boss' when there is one in a dungeon? I can imagine it saying "This dungeon has a Hidden / Skeleton Key boss suitable for Wizards level --- and up."

Please incorporate this as well, it would make things so much more convenient for people.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2018
Hmm well the menu could have a chat and tell you the levels of the people who joined, set a requirement for a level and other things. The team up menu should be next to the friends section like the special events tab, this would be useful for things like questing to find a buddy to help you with your quest!

Survivor
Dec 30, 2018
Sparck on Jan 22, 2020 wrote:

I have an idea where the Team-Up menu is always on the screen like the friends, special event menu. This would allow players to find buddies to quest with instead of just being able to team up at a dungeon. There could be a chat feature or it could immediately add you to a group when you join a team, so you can communicate exactly what you need help with. There could be a option to say Carry or something in those lines to get higher level Wizards, instead of people in the same level. There is great potential for the team up menu just think outside the box and you'll find good ways to update it!

________
Lucas Day

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Arthur Wethersfiel... on Feb 26, 2020 wrote:

Arthur
Arthur- while you're at it will you add a way to have Team-up show wizard's level you are teaming with and/or a level range sellect bar of some sort?

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
the long wait to go in. the instigator should have to option to go in after an allotted time, to avoid wizards dropping out. many times the instigator is asleep or left the computer, leaving the others to finish the fight without getting the team up point or the scroll point