Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Some helpful hints for the Spiral Cup Showcase

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 24, 2013
As of now, the Spiral Cup Showcase has returned so you may want that lovely free Professor's Hoard pack but you don't know how to get it as you have to do everything on the event for the five days it's available to get all 500 points. Here are some tips to help you out:

PET TRAINING: Feed a crappy pet low-level snacks so that it doesn't hit teen. It only costs 2 energy a pop for a baby to train and you'll only need 40 energy to get this activity completed for the day.

FISHING: Use low-level lures and fish in the commons. It costs 3 energy a lure so you'll need 60 energy, maybe more if you snag a chest since they don't count. You might want to save Crowns for an Energy Elixir.

CRAFTING: You only need to craft five items(transmutes don't count). It's recommended you craft jewels since they count and the cooldown is very short(only a few minutes). You can buy a Craft Level 15 jewel recipe from Eudora in Olde Town and you might get some decent low-level jewels for your wizard to socket!

TEAM UP / DAILY ASSIGNMENT: The easiest things to do if you just keep at them. It's best to use the Kiosk during the evening because that's when lots of kids are coming home and logging in for their quests. Be warned: You will NOT get credit unless you team up in your most recent worlds. The event log has abbreviations saying which worlds you need to team up in:
  • WC: Wizard City
  • KR: Krokotopia
  • MB: Marleybone
  • MO: Mooshu
  • DS: Dragonspyre
  • CL: Celestia
  • ZF: Zafaria
  • AV: Avalon
  • AZ: Azteca
  • KHR: Khrysalis
  • PO: Polari
  • MI: Mirage
  • EM: Empyrea

So make sure you team up with the proper group. For my current Fire, I usually see if people are teaming up for Loremaster - it allows me to get a chance for Brimstone Revenant. ;)

I hope this helps you get those 500 points!

Administrator
Some excellent suggestions! I've pinned this post while the event is running.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
For the Pet Training task, you can train pets regardless of their age and they will still only cost 40 energy to get you the full 20 points. One small exception with Adult Pets, but that is because they give 3 points per snack and that doesn't divide into 20 evenly, meaning you gotta put 21 points worth of energy in.

Baby: 2 energy to train, 1 point per snack
Teen: 4 energy to train, 2 points per snack
Adult: 6 energy to train, 3 points per snack
Ancient: 8 energy to train, 4 points per snack
Epic, Mega, and Ultra: 10 energy to train, 5 points per snack

A secret bonus about the Pet Training task is that if your pet ages up from the game or from the snack, you will gain points based off of its new age! So if you spend 4 energy to train a Teen pet, and it becomes Adult, you will get 3 points for your 4 energy. This can help save you a tiny bit of energy if it comes up!

Survivor
Jul 24, 2013
Thanks! I like this event and it really helps those who were getting a little burned out by questing and doing PvP by rewarding players who do things that they usually ignore. My Necromancer, Cassandra Starshade, already has 290 points after two days into the event doing things that are second nature to some people. Giving out a free pack encourages players to get more into some of the more niche parts of the game. I wanted to help those who don't really like crafting, fishing or pet training get through those parts really painlessly.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
CJ Snivy on Jan 14, 2020 wrote:
As of now, the Spiral Cup Showcase has returned so you may want that lovely free Professor's Hoard pack but you don't know how to get it as you have to do everything on the event for the five days it's available to get all 500 points. Here are some tips to help you out:

PET TRAINING: Feed a crappy pet low-level snacks so that it doesn't hit teen. It only costs 2 energy a pop for a baby to train and you'll only need 40 energy to get this activity completed for the day.

FISHING: Use low-level lures and fish in the commons. It costs 3 energy a lure so you'll need 60 energy, maybe more if you snag a chest since they don't count. You might want to save Crowns for an Energy Elixir.

CRAFTING: You only need to craft five items(transmutes don't count). It's recommended you craft jewels since they count and the cooldown is very short(only a few minutes). You can buy a Craft Level 15 jewel recipe from Eudora in Olde Town and you might get some decent low-level jewels for your wizard to socket!

TEAM UP / DAILY ASSIGNMENT: The easiest things to do if you just keep at them. It's best to use the Kiosk during the evening because that's when lots of kids are coming home and logging in for their quests. Be warned: You will NOT get credit unless you team up in your most recent worlds. The event log has abbreviations saying which worlds you need to team up in:

So make sure you team up with the proper group. For my current Fire, I usually see if people are teaming up for Loremaster - it allows me to get a chance for Brimstone Revenant. ;)

Hi, might I suggest tips that might work better for some?

PET TRAINING: What Torpzun said basically. Epic, Mega (even Ultra) pets will take just 4 games to earn you those 20 pts.
Some may find it easiest/fastest to just go into the dance game and not win it. Let it play out or keep your finger on a directional arrow. Feed any lvl snack depending on your goal for that pet.
Also, please try to use a different word when referring to pets. What if someone wanted to repeat this information in-game?

FISHING: Do not fish in the commons! Do not go for rank 1 fish!
Fish in Aquila for Rank 3 fish if you can.
Rank 3 fish will net you 3 pts per fish caught.
Use your fishing spells.
First, use winnow rank 3.
Second, use reveal school of fish.
Third, use rank 3 lures.
Remember to check the fish on the other side, and repeat any spells needed.
6 fish will equal 18 pts. Either catch 1 more fish here or catch 1 rnk 2 fish elsewhere.
Rank 3 fish are the fastest way to earn your 20 pts. Depending on the spells you cast, it might also be the most energy efficient.
*Others claim to prefer Azteca fishing for those rnk 3 fish.
*I am a top fish-wizard with very unique accomplishes when it comes to fishing and Aquila is the #1 place for me... for now.

If catching rank 3 fish is too difficult, go for Rank 2 fish instead.
Rank 2 fish will net you 2 pts per fish caught.
Try this:
Use Castle Tours and go to a house with doodlefish.
Doodlefish are rnk 2. You will only need catch 10.
They have a particular speed to them so you might be able to find them without any spells.

Rank 3 lure X 6 fish + a rnk 2 fish = 34 energy + whatever spells are cast.
Rank 2 lure X 10 fish will = 40 energy.

Even if you do not have rnk 2 lure, I'd still give doodlefish a try.

CRAFTING: This is the fastest one for me to complete. I do this for 4 wizards. Not all have the same recipes.
My favorite thing to craft are Beastmoon seeds.
Not all can craft those. So try low level pet snacks or low level tc.
Today I wanted to earn 20 pts on other wizards and saw they don't have any of those recipes, but they had the recipes from the earliest quests. Those require typical reagents which you should always be stacking up on.

Another tip is:
Check the recipes that will help you in-game that require fish. This way you are working on 2 goals while also accomplishing your Showcase.
Soul Searchers and Kid Carp are real helpful in crafting tanks.

TEAM UP: Dual-boxers will have an easier time with this. My tip for dual-boxing is to find a dungeon that is just one battle and camp your wizard outside, mark your location.
I found a very fast place in Mirage called Vizier's Abode. I also use Jacque's Hideout in MB.
There's surely quick and easy places in each world. Try to avoid long dungeons unless you have the time for them.
None of my wizards have dragonspyre to earn Showcase points, but that would be my #1 place if they did.

Cheers!

Survivor
Jul 24, 2013
First, I want to apologize for the Polaris abbreviation, I just got to Polaris and the window uses "PL" instead of "PO", so I won't quote my abbreviations for Mirage or Empyrea just yet.

Also, I've been getting the pet training task done just by training up my own pets. I have a Storm Pet which is almost perfect(Max Stats in Spell-Proof, Spell-Defying, Storm-Giver and Storm-Boon, worried that Mega will fail) and you get more points for the higher your pet's life is(Baby gives 1 point per snack, Teen gets two), so my tip for that might not be accurate, feeding a higher-rank pet snacks will result in getting the required 20 points faster, feeding an Epic-rank pet five snacks means only five mini-games instead of 20 for Baby. You do you.

The reason I said to fish for low-rank fish is because they don't break a Rank 1 Lure. Rank 3 Lures always hit but they cost twice as much energy. If you have over 100 energy you can cast Winnow XX Fish to get a certain school then just use Rank 3 XX Lure on those fish, because using the wrong lure will increase the chance of the fish breaking the lure. You can train Winnow XX Fish spells by going into the Labyrinth and finding the fish trainer there. They cost about 5000 gold a pop but these spells are godsends in the fishing quests. I would have burned out six times the energy in Avalon alone on catching that stupid Sea Fairy if I didn't have Winnow Life Fish. 10 energy > 600 energy with fish breaking lures and you catching the wrong school over and over.

stemogstel, you might have a point, Aquila Fish with Rank 3 Lures do give more points than Rank 1 Fish and Doodlefish give 2 points, I was just saying that if you are a low-level wizard with less than 60 energy, you won't have that option or any Winnow Spells so you may end up catching other fish besides Doodlefish in the Castle Tours. The pond behind Zeke in the commons always has nothing but Ice Fish so you can just use the Level 1 Ice Lure Lucky gives you for those 20 points. You do have to wait an hour to reset the pond since you won't have Reset Fish for a while. Just a tip for low-level wizards eager to earn points for the Scroll of Fortune.

And yes, I do fish only for recipes. One of my wizards is making a teleport tapestry house so she needs all of the special fish she can get.

Any boss room(a sigil area that is just one room with a boss or mob fight, like the Goliath Stingers in Moon Cliffs) are always the best option for team-ups, never do dungeons unless you are going for the 50% experience because even the smaller ones(like the Antlion lair in Crescent Beach) take way too long. Even if you aren't earning points for Scroll of Fortune in the Showcase event, you can earn points towards the Team badges to unlock items from Derrick Blaze's shop, and maybe someday buy that really small Olde Town townhouse for teaming up with 5000 teams! Yes, I double/triple-box (because I tend to be a bit anti-social and don't like people begging me for help) so it is pretty easy.

You can pretty much cheese any low-rank boss room for Team Ups. Derrick will sell you the Team Up Kiosk off the bat for 10,000 gold so you can just use that and not spam Olde Town's kiosk.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
CJ Snivy on Jan 14, 2020 wrote:

Due to the way time is treated in Wiz, you straight up don't need to do any fishing past the first day.