Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ideas for totally unfair/crazy may cast wands or pet talents.

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Long ago, I got a Fortune Teller's Peerless Eye wand from a pack. I was all about trying to get high block in those days so I was delighted. Then I noticed it would sometimes cast Shift Cheney. The name of that spell is an old movie reference and it does way too much damage.

That's how I learned about may cast wands. Those wands are now a very controversial topic in the community, so I don't want to discuss how weird, unfair or broken they are in this thread. Instead, let's just think of the most unfair and weird ones we can. I think this could be a rich thread. Categories could be "totally unfair," "unfair but with a cost" and "that's just silly."

I guess this would work for pet May Cast talents too.

Ideas from top of my head.

* May cast Mass Mana Burn. Really unfair!

* May cast Silly Burn: All players on both sides lose three pips.

* May cast Stun Self.

* May cast Swap Health. You and your opponents swap health. Sounds risky!

* May cast Double Date: Both players receive a random minion.

* May cast Traitor: Opponent's minion helps you for three turns. Kind of unfair.

* May cast Steal Minion: Self-explanatory and quite unfair.

* May cast Benedict: Your minion switch sides.

* May cast Swap Wands.

* May cast Schizo: You and your opponent Swap schools and decks. Health remains the same.

* May cast Red Rover: Random Players on opposing teams switch sides.

* May cast Life's Good: Rebirth is cast on both teams.

* May cast Life’s Weird: Either casts Mass Feint OR Rebirth on opposing team.

* May cast Costume Party: all players on both teams receive random transformation.

* May cast I Quit: Both you and your opponent are banned from game.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
Liam Swiftwalker on Dec 26, 2019 wrote:
Long ago, I got a Fortune Teller's Peerless Eye wand from a pack. I was all about trying to get high block in those days so I was delighted. Then I noticed it would sometimes cast Shift Cheney. The name of that spell is an old movie reference and it does way too much damage.

That's how I learned about may cast wands. Those wands are now a very controversial topic in the community, so I don't want to discuss how weird, unfair or broken they are in this thread. Instead, let's just think of the most unfair and weird ones we can. I think this could be a rich thread. Categories could be "totally unfair," "unfair but with a cost" and "that's just silly."

* May cast Stun Self.

* May cast Traitor: Opponent's minion helps you for three turns. Kind of unfair.

* May cast Swap Wands.

* May cast Schizo: You and your opponent Swap schools and decks. Health remains the same.

* May cast Costume Party: all players on both teams receive random transformation.

haha yeah maycast mana burn! how PREPOSTEROUS that'd be CRAZY if it was in the game ahah right guys ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??! and what if there was a version where it gave you pips back too Smiling Face Emoji x42

ahahah or! what if! we had a maycast poison AND stun in the same package!

or even a maycast shatter

oooh! how about a maycast for a spell called "Stifle" that stuns a player for two turns! sounds fun and balanced!

or! what if we could see what the other player is doing with a maycast! how about the name Arcane Deduction... seems like a cool idea for a wand based around detectives!

we can also think about a wand that can shift that one darkmoor guy! and beguiles your opponent!

i have another idea! what if they made a wand with TWO maycasts! like a wild bolt AND a healing current! very storm themed!

ooh! you ever fight that chronomaster devlin guy in mirage? well what if instead of his dampen magic cheat we had a maycast spell that put an AURA on your opponent that stopped them from gaining pips? ahahaha that would be EPIC i hope they add this i think the spell should be called Impede because the definition of impede is to stop something! and this maycast would stop their pip gain! haha right!

or what about a wand that can maycast an aoe stun! would be pretty cool right?

AND! a wand that can maycast a crazy minion that breaks shields and has a ton of health. would have to be no pvp tho... in my opinion... minion too stronk

hey i have another idea! how about we have a maycast x-pip spell like maycast frozen armor, dryad, judgement, and supercharge! now THAT would be epic

Jokes aside, only one of these does not actually already exist in the game, and even then half of the effect I listed is still there. It'll probably get added soon as part of a bundle though, mark my words. Wand maycasts should never have become a thing, hands down, but we can't really reverse it now. Just gotta hope that later additions don't become too broken.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2011
Liam Swiftwalker on Dec 26, 2019 wrote:

* May cast Stun Self.

* May cast Swap Wands.

Wow, many of these May Cast Talents I have never seen in PVP or anywhere else here on Wizard, where did you get this list of May Cast? Just curious...

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
Natalie Goldbrigt on Feb 27, 2020 wrote:
Wow, many of these May Cast Talents I have never seen in PVP or anywhere else here on Wizard, where did you get this list of May Cast? Just curious...
They don't exist. Nearly all of the ones in my post that I talked about as jokes do, unfortunately.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Natalie Goldbrigt on Feb 27, 2020 wrote:
I just made them up. I was going for silly.

May cast stun self!