Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I can't buy recipes and my rank is broken

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 24, 2009
I'm currently on the Azteca crafting quest that requires you to craft the Eagle War Shield. When I tried to buy it, it wouldn't allow me to and just said 'only'. When I went to the character page and looked at my crafting rank it doesn't display the rank, just "??? ??? ???". I tried restarting the game and restarting my computer and nothing is working. Is there a solution to this? I have another wizard who was able to complete that quest just fine.

KingsIsle response: "Thanks sailormax for posting about this issue! We are aware and working on a fix that we hope to implement as soon as possible."

Survivor
May 05, 2018
Yes I have the same problem with two accounts right now. I have eagle war shield quest without having the legendary artisan badge

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
I'm having the same issue but with Ione's Legendary sword. My daughter is also having the same issue with her crafting recipe's as well.

Survivor
May 05, 2018
Yes I encountered the same problem. I have the crafting quest for azteca but I can't buy the recipe since I didn't receive the badge legendary artisan after completing the zafaria crafting quest. This happened to two of my accounts a day ago.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2010
Hi i just finished the crafting quest to craft the regular iones wand (i am a storm) to get visionary crafter , i completed that quest and made the wand and got the next quest to go to the forge then go back to ignus. I went to the forge then it says to craft the focused version of the wand, so i go to ignus to buy the recipe but for some reason it says where to click to purchase the recipe "only" and nothing else which is preventing me from buying it which is holding me back. I also checked my crafting badges and for some reason i wasnt awarded any badges and im still at champion crafter? can someone please help or at least let me know this is some kind of bug? i dont understand why i cant progress, i just wanted to get to the point to get the new gear from the golem court underground update lol now i cant

Survivor
Jun 25, 2010
same issue with me but in the arcanum need to craft the focused version of the wand but wont let me buy the recipe and it just says "only" also , ugh this is annoying

Administrator
sailormax on Nov 14, 2019 wrote:
I'm currently on the Azteca crafting quest that requires you to craft the Eagle War Shield. When I tried to buy it, it wouldn't allow me to and just said 'only'. When I went to the character page and looked at my crafting rank it doesn't display the rank, just "??? ??? ???". I tried restarting the game and restarting my computer and nothing is working. Is there a solution to this? I have another wizard who was able to complete that quest just fine.

KingsIsle response: "Thanks sailormax for posting about this issue! We are aware and working on a fix that we hope to implement as soon as possible."
Thanks sailormax for posting about this issue! We are aware and working on a fix that we hope to implement as soon as possible.

Survivor
Jan 14, 2012
I completed the revered crafting quest (after like a year of getting the reagents) and when I spoke to Ignus after crafting Iones revered wand, It didn't award me the revered crafter badge. Hopefully this is fixed!

Survivor
Dec 13, 2012
Same here with the legendary weapons (Death visionary crafting quest)

Survivor
Jan 10, 2015
Has this bug not been fixed yet it just happened to me and looking back at these dates is this gonna get fixed soon?

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
I just beat the Azteca crafting quest, and I'm getting the same kind of bug. Might be a problem with their badge system.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2016
I can confirm that I have the same problem with an inability to purchase the eagle war shield recipe

Survivor
Aug 03, 2019
Just happened to me as well. Crafting badge listed as ??? ??? ??? Will not allow me to buy the recipe for the eagle shield.

Glad to see this reported in the forum, was scratching my head looking to see if there was a quest or something I was missing.

Survivor
May 10, 2009
As an update, as of 11/17 I'm still having this problem as well. Unfortunately can't remove the quest either so it's just sitting there taunting me.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2015
Still no fix come on boys!

Survivor
Mar 16, 2011
The same thing is happening to me and it's making me angry. I'm just trying to craft Catalan on my storm wizard but I can't even purchase the shield recipe from the dinosaur in Azteca.

Administrator
We hope to have a fix in place sometime this week.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2015
Sparck on Nov 18, 2019 wrote:
We hope to have a fix in place sometime this week.
SAVE US

Survivor
Jan 29, 2013
This problem seems to extend to badges in general. One of the four dungeons badges I got for completing Barkingham Palace this week is also showing as ??? ??? ???, and I can't select it. In addition, for a few of the badges I should've gotten for defeating certain bosses this week, it just says "1/1 [boss name]" (eg. "1/1 Ygor" under Polaris), and the badge is not rewarded.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2012
Just wanted to ask something: tried on my fire and encountered the same glitch (Happened after SCG and before eagle war shield) Colin Crowflame: Max fire (130)

Survivor
Oct 13, 2019
Administrator
kiethstone33233 on Nov 18, 2019 wrote:
SAVE US
Saving is coming soon, hang tight!

Survivor
Dec 02, 2015
I am having the same issue and a bunch of question marks pop up on the legendary artisan badge

Survivor
Aug 16, 2013
Sparck on Nov 19, 2019 wrote:
Saving is coming soon, hang tight!
Please save us i need my 4 pip aoe

Survivor
Jan 09, 2010
Sadly... Another Wizard has fallen in combat to this bug.... Hurry KI... FOR THE BOYS.... n girls