Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make minions GREAT.... Again?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 23, 2013
Hello All,

I'm a max death wizard, I've been playing for many years before taking 3 years off and then re-discovering Wizards. Not having very good interactions with most other players, and my old crew being long gone, I solo most everything. And when I can't, I turn to the ole tried and true crown bought minions.

Well.... 80 percent of the time they are garbage. But easily fixed garbage! (?)
1)If I have bought a life minion it is because I need it to HEAL ME. Not take a shot at Malistaire the Undying. HEAL ME. And STOP healing the minion next to you while I am passed out head bobbing.

2)Once again, why are you healing the other minons when there are passed out wizards in the crew? Something going on there?

3)Why are you all attacking the ONE shielded player when there are other targets? Why are ALL of you attacking the one shielded guy? Couldn't you attack the target I am attacking? I obvs need help so.... fight with me!

I could go on, and I am sure there are a lot of pros and cons here, I am just mainly wondering if it wouldn't be totally awesome if we could choose what our minions do? I remember how much fun it was with a great team that could really communicate, and barring having that with other wizards, could you awesome folks at KI make using bought minions more... "wizard friendly"?

Something simple like a drop down where you choose attack, heal, point at which target....
Of course I bet I would become completely unstoppable... because then I'd be like the other random lucky wizards I have run into that play more than one wizard at the same time. For those of us that don't have a team or multiple computers, "smart" minions would be really awesome.

Just a thought....

Thanks for your time....

Survivor
Jul 19, 2013
zillaniko1 on Nov 14, 2019 wrote:
Hello All,

I'm a max death wizard, I've been playing for many years before taking 3 years off and then re-discovering Wizards. Not having very good interactions with most other players, and my old crew being long gone, I solo most everything. And when I can't, I turn to the ole tried and true crown bought minions.

Well.... 80 percent of the time they are garbage. But easily fixed garbage! (?)
1)If I have bought a life minion it is because I need it to HEAL ME. Not take a shot at Malistaire the Undying. HEAL ME. And STOP healing the minion next to you while I am passed out head bobbing.

2)Once again, why are you healing the other minons when there are passed out wizards in the crew? Something going on there?

3)Why are you all attacking the ONE shielded player when there are other targets? Why are ALL of you attacking the one shielded guy? Couldn't you attack the target I am attacking? I obvs need help so.... fight with me!

I could go on, and I am sure there are a lot of pros and cons here, I am just mainly wondering if it wouldn't be totally awesome if we could choose what our minions do? I remember how much fun it was with a great team that could really communicate, and barring having that with other wizards, could you awesome folks at KI make using bought minions more... "wizard friendly"?

Something simple like a drop down where you choose attack, heal, point at which target....
Of course I bet I would become completely unstoppable... because then I'd be like the other random lucky wizards I have run into that play more than one wizard at the same time. For those of us that don't have a team or multiple computers, "smart" minions would be really awesome.

Just a thought....

Thanks for your time....
I just use minions all that frequently but I absolutely feel the not having good interactions with some of the newer players. The social aspect of the game used to be one of my favorite parts of the game and questing together for hours on in. Its nice to see I'm not the only one going through this lol. If you want we could quest together!