Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What do the people of the Spiral eat?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 14, 2010
This is either going to be the weirdest question ever asked on the message boards, or the funniest thing ever asked on the message boards. I'm probably going a bit far with this, and all of this could easily be answered with the phrase 'video game logic' or 'because video game'. But my brain has an odd tendency to ask these kind of questions and now I kind of want to know the answer.

Has anyone noticed, we don't eat in game... like... ever.... Maybe that's what our characters do when we're offline. Eh... *Shrugs* Or perhaps our bodies just subsist entirely on mana... Can wizard even do that?

Anyway, enough about us, I was wondering what do the people of the Spiral eat?

Obviously the Professors at Ravenwood and the Scholars have their favorite foods, but what do people actually eat? Are pet snacks viewed as just pet food or do people eat them too? Is there even a distinct line between what is people food and what is pet food in this Spiral? I can't physically eat a pet snack in game and as far as I know no one ever has, maybe its a taboo thing or just something people look at you weirdly for.

I hear Yum is thing and Pirates go crazy for it, I guess Wizards were never really into it. Obviously in game there is evidence to support that people do eat and different worlds each have their own distinct culinary flare, favorites, and flavors. I as recall we accidently helped Penny Dreadful with an assignment on this topic sometime ago. I wonder what really would have ended up on that paper if she'd given us the right assignment sheet to fill out. And (warning minor test realm spoiler) poor Doug never saw that lunch.

Going beyond that, gobblers seem perfectly capable of eating anything even buildings, (pardon me while I go off the deep end) but can the dogs of Marleybone eat chocolate or do they consider it a toxic substance (because they're dogs or at least that is how they are perceived)? Can certain species eat things that others can't? Given the existence of Gobblers, I would think the answer to this is likely yes. However, the second I see someone (other than a Gobbler) eat a brick I will be certain to visit the nearest phycologist.

Then if we want to go all the way out of the middle of nowhere with this question, where do the people of the Spiral get their food? Obviously people do grow food items in their gardens, but the baby carrots like many other plants have faces! Does that weird anyone in the Spiral out, does anybody feel bad for the poor plants? Plant have feelings too, just ask Bartelby and the dozens of magical trees, and plant based life forms we have met in our travels. Granted there's probably a BIG DIFFERENCE between a treant and a patch of baby carrots. Perhaps I only view it as bad or strange because as Earthlings we are nothing but outsiders looking in on the situation. I suppose to the people of the Spiral carrots having faces is perfectly normal. Now I wonder what they would think if someone from the Spiral came to Earth and saw carrots without faces, what a reaction that might be.

Then I'd like to ask what creatures exist to provide a source of protein? Fish probably... But then if you go digging back through the list of pet snacks there seem to be other sources of protein out there (at least in the realm of pet food). I half wonder what they are, but am afraid to go there for fear of starting a wildfire that I can't put out.

So is everybody just vegetarian then? Is everyone okay with this, does that work for everyone (by everyone I mean across multiple species not so much individually)?

How do the Theurges feel about all of this?!

Maybe everybody does just subsist entirely on mana.... if they can even do that...

I think this proves, at the very least, that Wizard101 has officially made one of its players go insane, or perhaps I did that to myself. Hmmm...

Anyway what do you guys think?

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
The Lore Keeper on Nov 4, 2019 wrote:
This is either going to be the weirdest question ever asked on the message boards, or the funniest thing ever asked on the message boards. I'm probably going a bit far with this, and all of this could easily be answered with the phrase 'video game logic' or 'because video game'. But my brain has an odd tendency to ask these kind of questions and now I kind of want to know the answer.

Has anyone noticed, we don't eat in game... like... ever.... Maybe that's what our characters do when we're offline. Eh... *Shrugs* Or perhaps our bodies just subsist entirely on mana... Can wizard even do that?

Anyway, enough about us, I was wondering what do the people of the Spiral eat?

Obviously the Professors at Ravenwood and the Scholars have their favorite foods, but what do people actually eat? Are pet snacks viewed as just pet food or do people eat them too? Is there even a distinct line between what is people food and what is pet food in this Spiral? I can't physically eat a pet snack in game and as far as I know no one ever has, maybe its a taboo thing or just something people look at you weirdly for.

I hear Yum is thing and Pirates go crazy for it, I guess Wizards were never really into it. Obviously in game there is evidence to support that people do eat and different worlds each have their own distinct culinary flare, favorites, and flavors. I as recall we accidently helped Penny Dreadful with an assignment on this topic sometime ago. I wonder what really would have ended up on that paper if she'd given us the right assignment sheet to fill out. And (warning minor test realm spoiler) poor Doug never saw that lunch.

Going beyond that, gobblers seem perfectly capable of eating anything even buildings, (pardon me while I go off the deep end) but can the dogs of Marleybone eat chocolate or do they consider it a toxic substance (because they're dogs or at least that is how they are perceived)? Can certain species eat things that others can't? Given the existence of Gobblers, I would think the answer to this is likely yes. However, the second I see someone (other than a Gobbler) eat a brick I will be certain to visit the nearest phycologist.

Then if we want to go all the way out of the middle of nowhere with this question, where do the people of the Spiral get their food? Obviously people do grow food items in their gardens, but the baby carrots like many other plants have faces! Does that weird anyone in the Spiral out, does anybody feel bad for the poor plants? Plant have feelings too, just ask Bartelby and the dozens of magical trees, and plant based life forms we have met in our travels. Granted there's probably a BIG DIFFERENCE between a treant and a patch of baby carrots. Perhaps I only view it as bad or strange because as Earthlings we are nothing but outsiders looking in on the situation. I suppose to the people of the Spiral carrots having faces is perfectly normal. Now I wonder what they would think if someone from the Spiral came to Earth and saw carrots without faces, what a reaction that might be.

Then I'd like to ask what creatures exist to provide a source of protein? Fish probably... But then if you go digging back through the list of pet snacks there seem to be other sources of protein out there (at least in the realm of pet food). I half wonder what they are, but am afraid to go there for fear of starting a wildfire that I can't put out.

So is everybody just vegetarian then? Is everyone okay with this, does that work for everyone (by everyone I mean across multiple species not so much individually)?

How do the Theurges feel about all of this?!

Maybe everybody does just subsist entirely on mana.... if they can even do that...

I think this proves, at the very least, that Wizard101 has officially made one of its players go insane, or perhaps I did that to myself. Hmmm...

Anyway what do you guys think?
Speaking as a pirate ( YAR! ) we have taverns in all our worlds, there are even quests where we go out and hunt down food. For example: Batacuda steaks and slumgullion stew ( which is much more tasty than it sounds ).
But isn't there now a restraunt in Polaris?

The Ravenwood university must have a cafeteria available.....

Delver
Jun 14, 2010
anecorbie on Nov 6, 2019 wrote:
Speaking as a pirate ( YAR! ) we have taverns in all our worlds, there are even quests where we go out and hunt down food. For example: Batacuda steaks and slumgullion stew ( which is much more tasty than it sounds ).
But isn't there now a restraunt in Polaris?

The Ravenwood university must have a cafeteria available.....
I would like to think that Wizard City has a charming little cafe or coffee shop somewhere in the shopping district, a where place where the students go to meet up, study, and relax a bit.