Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game is lagging

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 11, 2017
Hi, I have been experiencing a weird lag. As soon as the game starts everything starts lagging so I tried creating a new character but I can't even create a new one as soon as I have to choose between a boy or girl my cursor goes from the wand to what is your typical cursor, it had been happening for the past 3 days but right now I discovered that the downloading screen in the left top corner always starts downloading the same thing is there a fix to all of this? I know it isn't internet as my friend who plays with the same wifi in the same room the game runs perfectly smooth, he even logs out when I try playing but it still lags.

Thanks,
Carlos DragonBreaker, level29

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
darklord1998411 on Oct 18, 2019 wrote:
Hi, I have been experiencing a weird lag. As soon as the game starts everything starts lagging so I tried creating a new character but I can't even create a new one as soon as I have to choose between a boy or girl my cursor goes from the wand to what is your typical cursor, it had been happening for the past 3 days but right now I discovered that the downloading screen in the left top corner always starts downloading the same thing is there a fix to all of this? I know it isn't internet as my friend who plays with the same wifi in the same room the game runs perfectly smooth, he even logs out when I try playing but it still lags.

Thanks,
Carlos DragonBreaker, level29
Try running a cleaner and Defrag. If you have never done this, the files are scrambled making it hard for the system to process.