Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

When is it okay to report?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 20, 2019
A group of boys has been going around the Commons for awhile now, harassing everyone especially the women calling them thots, saying they’d be better off dead, no one would miss them, that they’re ugly. I’ve reported a few times and seen no muting, no banning, nothing. Kinda given up I’m watching them make rape jokes now but without saying language that’s harmful but just telling other to “bend over and take it” and that they’ll “make them feel good”. I honestly don’t know what to do. I was muted for 15 years on one account for saying on open chat “biatch” but this is allowed? People around me are reporting, leaving the area etc. when will action be taken place and are my reports even being seen or counting? Can I report these rape jokes if they don’t use explicit language.

Administrator
mirimichelle on Sep 29, 2019 wrote:
A group of boys has been going around the Commons for awhile now, harassing everyone especially the women calling them thots, saying they’d be better off dead, no one would miss them, that they’re ugly. I’ve reported a few times and seen no muting, no banning, nothing. Kinda given up I’m watching them make rape jokes now but without saying language that’s harmful but just telling other to “bend over and take it” and that they’ll “make them feel good”. I honestly don’t know what to do. I was muted for 15 years on one account for saying on open chat “biatch” but this is allowed? People around me are reporting, leaving the area etc. when will action be taken place and are my reports even being seen or counting? Can I report these rape jokes if they don’t use explicit language.
Yes, of course, please do report them as soon as possible. Include the character names they used and any the rough time you saw it occur. Thank you for reporting these instances to us! We take our player's safety seriously and don't condone this kind of behavior whatsoever.

Defender
May 11, 2012
Hi. I have a question about reporting also. I know when to report bad language and such, but can you report wizards for using initials in place of the actual swear words? For example, using the initials for laughing out loud is fine, but if you add the letter f to it, it is swearing using initials. This is but one example of the huge amount of cursing going on in game using initials, and I would like to know if swearing using initials is a reportable offense.

Thank you.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
You can also email support or the community email listing the details alongside the ones Sparck mentioned to assist KI in holding those accountable.

support@wizard101.com
community@wizard101.com

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Sparck on Sep 30, 2019 wrote:
Yes, of course, please do report them as soon as possible. Include the character names they used and any the rough time you saw it occur. Thank you for reporting these instances to us! We take our player's safety seriously and don't condone this kind of behavior whatsoever.
Has something changed with the in game reporting that isn't including the character names?

In the past, we were always under the impression that in game reports gave virtually all the necessary information. That included the character name, what was said and the approximate time stamp.

When reporting in game, there is no way to include a screenshot. Only a very few words for the report. Doing a screenshot and reporting by email doesn't really tag the culprit.

Administrator
DragonLady1818 on Oct 3, 2019 wrote:
Has something changed with the in game reporting that isn't including the character names?

In the past, we were always under the impression that in game reports gave virtually all the necessary information. That included the character name, what was said and the approximate time stamp.

When reporting in game, there is no way to include a screenshot. Only a very few words for the report. Doing a screenshot and reporting by email doesn't really tag the culprit.
Yes, that's right. Apologies, I thought you were talking about a direct email to our customer support team. The in-game interface does include these elements, so we always recommend to use that whenever possible.