Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Kapudan’s Boarding Hook Change

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Wizards,

When we created the Kapudan’s Boarding Hook for the Sinbad Hoard Pack, Death damage was included when it should have been Myth damage. We apologize for going live with the wrong school type and understand the resulting concerns regarding the change to correct the wand.

We want to make sure everyone is satisfied with their new Kapudan’s Boarding Hook, so this Wednesday during our normal maintenance period we will be updating the Kapudan’s Boarding Hook wand to add back the Death school damage. The Kapudan’s Boarding Hook will then have Death, Fire, and Myth damage.

There is no need to contact support, as your Kapudan’s Boarding Hook will be updated automatically.

Due to the unique nature of this version, it will only be available to those who acquire or have acquired the Kapudan’s Boarding Hook between 09:00AM CT September 12, 2019 and 3:00AM CT September 25, 2019. This includes the time period where you could have acquired the wand with Death/Fire damage.

After the maintenance scheduled to occur on 9/25/2019, this version of the Kapudan’s Boarding Hook will then be retired. Future Sinbad Hoard packs will only have the chance to obtain the originally intended Fire/Myth damage wand called the Kapudan’s Grappling Hook, not the retired Kapudan’s Boarding Hook. Any unredeemed packs still in your gift redemption window at 3:00AM CT September 25, 2019 will contain the Kapudan’s Grappling Hook and will not contain the Kapudan’s Boarding Hook.

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
Sparck on Sep 23, 2019 wrote:
Wizards,

When we created the Kapudan’s Boarding Hook for the Sinbad Hoard Pack, Death damage was included when it should have been Myth damage. We apologize for going live with the wrong school type and understand the resulting concerns regarding the change to correct the wand.

We want to make sure everyone is satisfied with their new Kapudan’s Boarding Hook, so this Wednesday during our normal maintenance period we will be updating the Kapudan’s Boarding Hook wand to add back the Death school damage. The Kapudan’s Boarding Hook will then have Death, Fire, and Myth damage.

There is no need to contact support, as your Kapudan’s Boarding Hook will be updated automatically.

Due to the unique nature of this version, it will only be available to those who acquire or have acquired the Kapudan’s Boarding Hook between 09:00AM CT September 12, 2019 and 3:00AM CT September 25, 2019. This includes the time period where you could have acquired the wand with Death/Fire damage.

After the maintenance scheduled to occur on 9/25/2019, this version of the Kapudan’s Boarding Hook will then be retired. Future Sinbad Hoard packs will only have the chance to obtain the originally intended Fire/Myth damage wand called the Kapudan’s Grappling Hook, not the retired Kapudan’s Boarding Hook. Any unredeemed packs still in your gift redemption window at 3:00AM CT September 25, 2019 will contain the Kapudan’s Grappling Hook and will not contain the Kapudan’s Boarding Hook.
Thank you for making this correction. I am sure you have made all the community very happy.

and may we have another 11 years of this wonderful game

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
Hi! I was just wondering if we were to stitch this wand would it revert back to only myth and fire damage or will it keep all the intended stats?

Survivor
Jul 19, 2018
Really nice of you! I think its a great way to give back what was changed and make players happy. Good job i really like it.

Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
Wizards,

thank you thank you thank you, I couldn't be happier with this, Kingsisle this is wonderful, I really appreciate you doing this for us players who had this wand and had it changed on us. this is the kind of response I like to see. I know people were asking for refunds and what not, I personally did not ask for a refund specifically but did express my distraught with the wand being changed. I think overall this was the better route to go, so thank you very much.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
Thank you for making this modification - much appreciated!

Survivor
Mar 14, 2017
Will the pack still contain the storm damage wand after the updates?

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Wizards,

Yet my question has still been un answered why isn't there a balance, life and death wand to match the original set are was foretold for the myth? Is this due to the fact that they would of gotten 17% damage anyway and if so may i ask why did ice version got away with 19% damage increase?

Administrator
This morning we've implemented the change mentioned above. If you open a Sinbad Hoard Pack you will now have a chance to receive Kapudan's Grappling Hook. Thanks again community for your feedback and understanding on this new item.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Sparck on Sep 25, 2019 wrote:
This morning we've implemented the change mentioned above. If you open a Sinbad Hoard Pack you will now have a chance to receive Kapudan's Grappling Hook. Thanks again community for your feedback and understanding on this new item.
I still don't understand . The original released of the death wand was change to myth because the myth and fire were intended to match the set correct? Ok that's fair despite the allegations of a no refund on people who already spent a lot of the packs to try get the death wand. So my question is and I've asked before there is a set for every school and a wand to match that set. Example the New wand myth Fire matches the myth fire set. The ice and storm wand matches the ice and storm set. So where is the matching Wand for Death, Balance, and Life for their set? Because a universal wand doesn't count and this would be the first time one or more schools have been left out of the option of getting a matching set towards their own class. So then we can now assume that this pack didn't solidly came out as it should of been.