Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Desert Forge

AuthorMessage
Historian
Aug 10, 2009
You cannot place the desert Forge anywhere outside or inside

Administrator
Idony09 on Sep 12, 2019 wrote:
You cannot place the desert Forge anywhere outside or inside
Try rotating it different ways, the forge is a bit sensitive currently on how it's able to be placed. We'll see about making it less constraining.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2013
I have tried different locations and rotations and I cannot place desert forge anywhere either

Survivor
Jan 20, 2017
Same here! I tried in different houses, either inside or outsite where there is plenty of space and nothing surrounding it and it is always red, I cannot place it. That's a real problem. Could you please fix that?

Explorer
May 30, 2010
Even when it is the absolute only thing in the area (and I chose a large area) it can't be placed. Pity. It looks like a very nice item, but I don't need it taking up space in my bank, attic, or backpack, thanks.

Defender
May 11, 2012
Same thing here. Cannot place desert forge anywhere. Took everything out of an area so there was nothing there, and it still couldn't be placed.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
I just got the Desert Forge myself and see what all the trouble is. I hope this is fixed in the next patch!

Survivor
Oct 03, 2011
I saw a hint to try moving it around a bit and then placing it. In order to be able to try moving it around, it has to be able to be placed in the first place. It's useless like it is. Disappointing that it is taking so long to fix.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2013
I tried placing the forge again after the maintenance on 9-25 but no matter which wizard or which house I used I could not. I hope they get this fixed soon.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
I have received two desert forges and have successfully placed them in two of my houses. I just put them in an open space, moved them around a bit, and they settled in just fine.

Not sure why others are having a problem. I did this a few days ago.

Administrator
TarynMaga on Sep 26, 2019 wrote:
I have received two desert forges and have successfully placed them in two of my houses. I just put them in an open space, moved them around a bit, and they settled in just fine.

Not sure why others are having a problem. I did this a few days ago.
We recently resolved an issue with the placement, so it may work fine for the others now.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2013
This issue has not been resolved. I have 3 accounts and many wizards all having received the forge. I cannot place any of them anywhere.

Defender
May 11, 2012
Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Having the same issue as well.

The forge cannot be placed anywhere it seems, no matter how many times you rotate it and the location you try to place it.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2014
I also can't place mine, and I have tried all kinds of creative stuff like putting it by water, in a cave on the road, everything but actually putting it in the desert only because I don't have a house with desert on this account. I have even tried indoors after first putting down brick flooring, and although I thought it would be a bad idea, I tried on a wood floor in the treehouse... next to water features, next to a water feature near a furnace, in my Arcanum apt in the middle of the empty first floor where it would seem to fit nicely in the circle pattern there on the floor. I guess that makes me a dummy, since Sparck says it is fixed. I wonder if Sparck will mention how we can rotate an item in our backpack so that we can place it by rotating it?

LehuManu

Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
if you use a mouse with a wheel at the center, you can rotate the forge by moving the mouse wheel during placement. That was the only way I could place it.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2014
My new mouse does have a wheel, and all kinds of other buttons, so I tried that and it worked! Thanks!

LehuManu