Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beastmoon Event

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
I was excited when Beastmoon Hunt event was announced to come back this week, however when I logged on and look at my beastmoon forms, to my dismay, all of them have been reset. It's fun to level up beastmoon forms but to start from ground zero when I have put in so much effort to level up all my other forms is disheartening. Beastmoon Hunt is a great event with lots of potential, fun and challenging, yet I lost motivation to continue playing when I've progressed so far. Hope there are plans to update this, until then I don't think I'll be playing this event anymore.

Beast Regards,
Fellow Wizard in Training

Administrator
snowsorccer on Sep 3, 2019 wrote:
I was excited when Beastmoon Hunt event was announced to come back this week, however when I logged on and look at my beastmoon forms, to my dismay, all of them have been reset. It's fun to level up beastmoon forms but to start from ground zero when I have put in so much effort to level up all my other forms is disheartening. Beastmoon Hunt is a great event with lots of potential, fun and challenging, yet I lost motivation to continue playing when I've progressed so far. Hope there are plans to update this, until then I don't think I'll be playing this event anymore.

Beast Regards,
Fellow Wizard in Training
Hi snowsorccer! The levels are reset at each Beastmoon event. The tiers remain though. Here's more about the Beastmoon Hunt for progression:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/beastmoon-hunt-begins

Survivor
Nov 26, 2012
I couldn't help noticing the description of the event. A fun way to compete in groups, with a friendly atmosphere. It's fun, in the same way as looting during a riot is fun,,, and the groups may or may not contain friends. Sometimes the players give up and sit in a corner until it's over. There's no way to play a particular beast, repeatedly, and level it up. The rewards, levels, and victories are over as soon as the match ends, or the event, in the case of levels. It's fun to work a beast up into a vicious killing machine, feared by all, and bloodthirsty to the max, but then when the event ends, so does the beast, and all the effort put into making it what it had become. Sad to say, the items for reaching a higher tier seem to be non-existent, and that takes away any incentive to play repeatedly. It's just a time killer, and not really engaging, because you can't get gear for the beast form, you can't even put a collar on your beast. It's there, the battle occurs, and it's gone, until you get into another group where you can be that beast again. When you are that beast, you may be fourth level, or higher, but not after the event ends. If it come back, you'll have to start all over, and hope your luck holds. Luck is involved in getting the items you actually want, to level the creature associated with your school. Why would a fire wizard want a storm beast? Or a life wizard even want to play, since the healers in the event are sad, to say the least. They can make a party very hard to kill, and so are often targeted, from the outset, so that they can't heal anyone but themselves. This gives the other members a break since you can't target more than one creature, unless you save pips for an aoe spell. Myth doesn't have one of those early on, and I've never passed second level with a myth character, so I don't know about later. I have to admit that I've played the hunt, to exhaustion, but am often angry, after a battle, either because the other team was so powerful that my guys had no chance of winning, or because one of the players was just there for the chests, and whatever points he/she could get from takeing a ring, now and then. It's got some problems inherent in the hunt itself, but the biggest flaw is that you can't pick who is on your team, and so you get some players you'd rather attack than assist. That's not good. I realize that if everyone works together, the hunt can be fun for all, but that doesn't always happen. If someone has two or three beasts above first level, and can't be any of them, because others took that form, then they often don't even want to be in the hunt, so they do as little as possible, avoid all fights, and just try to get through the ordeal. Some battles end with one team over 110 and the other under 10. That's not a battle, it's a joke. Six beasts wandered into a village, and found some losers to trash. Would you want to be on the losing team, unable to win a single battle, and never getting a coin or a point? I think not, but you don't care if someone else is. If we could gather six friends and take them all into the hunt, as a team, that problem would quickly vanish. It would also make you careful who you 'friended', because you might not want to have to turn them down all the time.
Things to think about, when you're fixing this, or deciding to trash it.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2012
Sparck on Sep 6, 2019 wrote:
Hi snowsorccer! The levels are reset at each Beastmoon event. The tiers remain though. Here's more about the Beastmoon Hunt for progression:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/beastmoon-hunt-begins
I've been playing for days, and have yet to get anything but a couple of Golden Pig statues, which don't apply to any beast. I'd really like to know where they come from, since I've grown enough moonflowers to carpet the spiral.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Hi Gorman, I suggest reading all of the Beastmoon articles written by the authors at Final Bastion. This will help you understand not just the basics with levels vs tiers, but also some advanced techniques to give you an advantage the next time this event comes around, (likely early October).

The myth rat gets his AOE Efreet spell at level 3, I think he has access to the 5 pip rat AOE at level 1.

I understand your frustration when you do not get to play the beast form you have leveled and like to play, but that is why you have to be quick. If someone takes your preferred form, you can ask nicely if they will surrender it, but usually I just pick a different beast. The Minotaur is a great damage dealer and very easy to help your team win even at level 1. The fire elf is also a good choice to use as a back up, again even at level 1 it is strong.
Keep in mind that this may be the first time this person has ever played the hunt at all, or the first time this player that took your favorite beast is playing that beast. It is okay, just choose something else. Everyone learns by playing and the faster others learn, the better team mates they will hopefully be.

The healing draconian is only as good as the person playing it. The heals and card choice are better as you level up. I have played the life dragon at Lvl 1 and had successful matches, I have also witnessed leveled dragons who were terrific and those that died straight away. The ability to heal others can be crucial in the outer rings, but sadly, the dragons don't last long in the spiral battle. Usually the death forms are more successful because they can heal themselves while dealing damage, more so when the target is trapped. Clearly you cannot be of much use to your team if you are dead.

Playing beastmoon matches allows you to learn which beast forms team up well together. This can only be learned by playing, (until someone comes out with a guide). Even with a guide, that is still one opinion only.
You may have success teaming up with other forms the author doesn't value as having good synergy.

Also, when you play more than one beast form, (whether you bother to level it or not), you learn what each form uses, which damage spells are good to watch out for and the pip cost of the spells. This info will be of great use to you when you are facing these forms in battle. You can sometimes anticipate what they will do and this is also helpful for victory.

There have been several posts about teaming up in beastmoon matches with friends, but I doubt this will ever happen and I personally hope it does not. This would be a very unfair advantage. Teaming up with random people can be extremely frustrating!! Believe me I have had my share of AFK'ers, dead weights, people who have no idea how to play/what to do so they do nothing, floaters, or people who logged off/ported away. It happens and it stinks. You usually end up losing the match because you are down a player, but you can still try your best and have fun. It isn't always about winning, it can just be a good learning experience or you can make a new friend, etc. Sometimes the matches are very exciting because you get a great team that works together, usually you will win, but sometimes you barely lose.
Other times, as you mentioned, it is 108-32 not even close. You just never know who you will get teamed up with and that is part of the fun. Yes there will be rude players, yes they may not listen to good advice, but you laugh it off and get through it. The next match you join should be better. If it isn't and you repeatedly have a rotten experience, log off and try again later, or go quest for a while. I have also found the more seasoned beastmoon players are on later in the evening.

The rewards you get from chests are only cards and battle coins with the occasional Hasty Harvest TC. The rewards you get when the match ends are the precious Lunari and of course, the beastmoon stones. These stones are what you will use to level up your form as you know, but you also need to get the beastmoon blossoms associated with the beast form you are partial to. Whether you are upgrading your level, (which will reset at the end of the hunt), or your tier, (which is permanent), you are going to need beastmoon blossoms.
For example, if you are upgrading the Storm Wolf, you will need to spend your Lunari first on the Storm Seed and then if you wish, the Elemental Seed. You will then be able to garden while the event is not running and harvest all sorts of Storm Stones and Wolf Warrior statues. This will help you level/tier up fast when the next hunt comes around.

I hope you try more beast forms in the next hunt and attempt to keep an open mind. If not, perhaps this event is just not your cup of tea. If I see you on the hunting grounds I'll show you how to have a good time in the match.

Autumn WH