Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm pet help?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 21, 2019
I'm level 14 and this is my first time playing so bare with me. I'm trying to impress a friend that invited me to play and be the best I can be and in doing so I attempted to get a rain cloud pet to boost my Storm wizard's abilities.

However, being the clown that I am I spent 50k on the hatchery and got another Leopard instead of a rain cloud. Bred a leopard with a rain cloud. I realize now my mistake.

I should have taken the time to look up how pets work but I was dumb and anxious.

So I'm coming here for advice and asking what I should do for a good storm pet. Any suggestions?

Thank you

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
BGardner92 on Aug 30, 2019 wrote:
I'm level 14 and this is my first time playing so bare with me. I'm trying to impress a friend that invited me to play and be the best I can be and in doing so I attempted to get a rain cloud pet to boost my Storm wizard's abilities.

However, being the clown that I am I spent 50k on the hatchery and got another Leopard instead of a rain cloud. Bred a leopard with a rain cloud. I realize now my mistake.

I should have taken the time to look up how pets work but I was dumb and anxious.

So I'm coming here for advice and asking what I should do for a good storm pet. Any suggestions?

Thank you
Use the hatching booth.
There's some great storm pets in there and you can pick and choose which attributes you want to breed with.

Community Leader
Hello and welcome to the game!

The best way to get good pet stats is to use the Hatchmaking Kiosk (the egg stand in the Pet Pavilion) to search for pets that people have posted, that way you can see which pet has which stats you would want. If you get another pet you didn't want design wise, such as your leopard, I would recommend not using it to hatch, just hatch the original pets again until you get a rain cloud. I would say train the pet to adult, and if the pet has stats that you want, hatch that pet with the one with the good stats instead of continuing to train. This will focus the pet's stats to what you desire.

When you feel comfortable with the stats you have on your pet to be willing to train them up higher past adult (may take 5-10 hatches), you may want to hatch again at ancient or maybe epic before going higher (if you are going higher)

Some pets may only take 5-10 hatches to complete, some can take up to 30+. However, pets provide great benefits no matter what level you are.

And don't feel bad if you get frustrated with pets that didn't meet your expectations, we've all been there.

As far as good snacks to feed, I would suggest mega snacks from Couch Potatoes or Evil Magma Peas in Gardening, though it may be a while before you reach that.

Good luck on your pet training and questing! I hope you enjoy the game :)

WhiteTiger93: Youtuber and Streamer Here --- Content Creator for Arcanum Archives. Check us out here for guides and events!
Survivor
Aug 22, 2016
  1. Get one of your pets to adult.
  2. Hatch with the storm pet you'd want.
  3. Train the pet.
  4. If the pet doesn't get the stats you'd prefer, Hatch again.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Greetings!

Welcome to both the game and here; The Forums!

You've chosen an ideal area to come if you're looking for any advice or concerns quelled relating to the game.

Now, about your prospective storm pet.

Pet Hatching is a very long and detailed (expensive) process. It's one that can take some time to master but has absolutely excellent results if done properly.

Since, right now, you're only trying to get one pet with decent storm capabilities to assist your young diviner, here's what I suggest you do.

*Firstly, you will have to garner the gold (at least 50,000) to hatch.

*Once you've done that, visit the Hatchmaking Kiosk just outside the hatchery and look under the storm sign tab. Keep searching until you see the Raincore.

*Once you've arrived on the Raincore, select the pet; here, you'll see multiple versions of the same pet with varying abilities and traits. I suggest you click on one that has both damage and defensive talent traits such as Storm-Giver and Spell-Proof. It also greatly helps to click/hatch with ones having maxed or at least close to it stats.
(Post if you've questions about this).

*Once you've obtained your new Raincore pet (you'll know since it is not crowns only and by the color and name of the egg), you can begin raising it.

*This is where things gets a little tricky. I suggest you raise your young pet to an adult and hatch again with the same Raincore pet as you did before.

You're doing this so that you can copy the traits alongside the talents to your new offspring.

It is imperative that you do this as your pet may learn a bad/selfish talent (fail) which is something we all don't want.

Once you get your new baby Raincloud, take it to adult (if it hasn't failed), you can try for ancient and then re-hatch again.

That is basically how the process works. Raising pets and hatching over and over again to provide as limited chances as possible for your pet failing.

It's expensive both in gold and time but again, as I said, it's worth it.

It's another reason why many players garden as well, it serve as a valid source of income (gold), snacks, treasures etc.

I suggest you try it as well.

Let us know if you've any further questions about anything here.

Good Luck!