Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nerf Guardian Spirit

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
Shouldn't be able to use this, more than once per match.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2013
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Or never at all like why should any school be able to have a second chance right? So many propose changes while waiting on the revamp of pvp.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
angellifeheart on Aug 20, 2019 wrote:
Or never at all like why should any school be able to have a second chance right? So many propose changes while waiting on the revamp of pvp.
Guardian still has its uses. The only thing is when you're second - your average doom-then-kill strategy won't work. I think that if it were to be limited to one use per match and only heal back 15% of the player's health regardless of heal boosts active and also disable critting on it, it would be balanced. A strong card within Life's arsenal, still, but not to the point where with heal boosts it can put them on half health or higher.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
JewelKI on Aug 20, 2019 wrote:
Guardian still has its uses. The only thing is when you're second - your average doom-then-kill strategy won't work. I think that if it were to be limited to one use per match and only heal back 15% of the player's health regardless of heal boosts active and also disable critting on it, it would be balanced. A strong card within Life's arsenal, still, but not to the point where with heal boosts it can put them on half health or higher.
How would it be balance? 15% of 7000 hp is literally 1050 on revive? which means you just spent not only 5 pips trying to revive but you also lost a turn because generally when you die and come back your turn is skip. This means your better of using a 4 pip satyr and critical for 2k hp or more. I agree, that coming back with full health is considered a cheating method after clearly being defeated fairly, but what happens when your being bested unfairly at max level pvp? with so many school able to dish out high damage and your there stuck wasting your pips away healing because k i fail to give life some sort of damage reliance utility spell in pvp. I honestly wish the effect was changed into some kind of invulnerable ability than a revive, or you compensate life by giving them a damage bubble control spell like ice and a 5 pip damage over time. Your gonna see life depending on guardian a lot way less.