Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ooh Look, cute stuff!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 03, 2012
Goodbye Unicorn pack. It was nice to have something pretty and cute. I hope we get more things like this in the future! It would also be really great for the new gear to have a more feminine appearance in the girls' version. It gets too redundant when both boy and girl versions look the exact same. It would have been neat if the Fantastic Fairytale bundle gave the queen a dress. More dresses would be nice. I'm not a girly girl, I just think we should have really pretty gear.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2011
I agree with that we could use some switching up of the gear styles! With some exceptions, I find a lot of the pack gear has that typical "warrior" style. It does get boring. Since we are wizards, why not make more pack "outfits" with a more magical, wizardy (or witchy) style?

I would love more dresses for girl wizards, but why not change up the typical style for the boys as well? Maybe get more long robes, of different styles according to what kind of pack it is. I would really like this for girls as well. More Wizard City style stuff.

Defender
Feb 03, 2012
chrissi marissi on Aug 10, 2019 wrote:
I agree with that we could use some switching up of the gear styles! With some exceptions, I find a lot of the pack gear has that typical "warrior" style. It does get boring. Since we are wizards, why not make more pack "outfits" with a more magical, wizardy (or witchy) style?

I would love more dresses for girl wizards, but why not change up the typical style for the boys as well? Maybe get more long robes, of different styles according to what kind of pack it is. I would really like this for girls as well. More Wizard City style stuff.
I totally agree Chrissi! Alot of pack gear is typically warrior style. We should have more whimsical gear. Faerie things would work too. love Wizard City styles and Marleybone styles too. And you are very right, we need to change things up for the boys too, with cool robes! Maybe edgy sorcerer, or Swag Merlin.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Gee, it seems KI just can not win when they try to please players. There were plenty of posts in the past asking for a more gender neutral look or at least having the boy - girl fashions be similar.
Now, when KI developers listen to these suggestions; players begin complaining?

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
anecorbie on Aug 15, 2019 wrote:
Gee, it seems KI just can not win when they try to please players. There were plenty of posts in the past asking for a more gender neutral look or at least having the boy - girl fashions be similar.
Now, when KI developers listen to these suggestions; players begin complaining?
I do not remember this ever being a big thing.
I do not even understand why many players would even request
gender neutral looking gear. Most girls would like more girly
outfits. Most of the gear...(Not All) seem to be more manly or as
you say gender neutral. I do really like some of the gear sets they
currently put out. But to be honest...Most I Do Not Like.
I really like the Holiday Looking Gear, like Halloween and Christmas.
I wish they made more that was more Christmasy. I love the gear
that look like Cold Weather Attire. Especially the colors of them. I stitch
those on some of my wizards during the winter months. Some Easter
Style gear besides the bunny outfit, would be nice as well.
Just a few of my suggestions. We have enough gender neutral gear now.
Scarlet ShadowStone

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
Mackenzie Moondrea... on Aug 9, 2019 wrote:
Goodbye Unicorn pack. It was nice to have something pretty and cute. I hope we get more things like this in the future! It would also be really great for the new gear to have a more feminine appearance in the girls' version. It gets too redundant when both boy and girl versions look the exact same. It would have been neat if the Fantastic Fairytale bundle gave the queen a dress. More dresses would be nice. I'm not a girly girl, I just think we should have really pretty gear.
I agree with you. I think the Unicorn Pack has been my favorite since it was released. And it has not been out very long compared to other packs. I was surprised when I read they were retiring it. and Very Sad. I love the look of the gear and Love Love the pets and mounts!

Scarlet ShadowStone

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
hopefulz33 on Aug 16, 2019 wrote:
I do not remember this ever being a big thing.
I do not even understand why many players would even request
gender neutral looking gear. Most girls would like more girly
outfits. Most of the gear...(Not All) seem to be more manly or as
you say gender neutral. I do really like some of the gear sets they
currently put out. But to be honest...Most I Do Not Like.
I really like the Holiday Looking Gear, like Halloween and Christmas.
I wish they made more that was more Christmasy. I love the gear
that look like Cold Weather Attire. Especially the colors of them. I stitch
those on some of my wizards during the winter months. Some Easter
Style gear besides the bunny outfit, would be nice as well.
Just a few of my suggestions. We have enough gender neutral gear now.
Scarlet ShadowStone
Look at the post "No Gender Specific Gear/You Get To Choose Style", then maybe you'll understand why some players would request neutral looking gear. Not every girl is a "girly girl", some want a stronger or dark look.

I do like the many winter styles offered in packs, though I wish we could dye them to suit our characters.

Defender
Feb 03, 2012
anecorbie on Aug 16, 2019 wrote:
Look at the post "No Gender Specific Gear/You Get To Choose Style", then maybe you'll understand why some players would request neutral looking gear. Not every girl is a "girly girl", some want a stronger or dark look.

I do like the many winter styles offered in packs, though I wish we could dye them to suit our characters.
It's not wrong for some people to want feminine fear while others want gender nuetral. The beauty of the situation is that everyone can be heard and listened to. I even said I wasnt a girly girl! We've already mentioned guys' gear and darker styles is this post. The thing is so many new things are nuetral, and everything looks the same. There's nothing wrong with desiring to look pretty. Everyone is different.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I liked having pretty or bright colors.
Most gear is dark, neutral, or jewel tone. Grey, red, black, seems like.

I think from time to time in the past people ask for uniforms that don't change no matter which gender the wizard is.

Well it would be nice if the girl wizards could be the skeleton at Halloween. Other than that I don't mind how things are. If anything mot of the gear seems 'masculine' to me. Dark, usually trousers.

Unicorn stuff was a refreshing change of pace.

Defender
Aug 16, 2014
Hi! I think we should be able to choose in some way. I think that maybe they should sell pretty dresses you can stich on.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Always appreciate anything dyeable or modifiable but I understand that might complicate things on KI's end, texture-wise or storage wise. IDK

I liked the Unicorn pack and its difference from the usual look. Would love to see a continued variety.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Would love to see a way for players/customers to submit sketch ideas - long as we're on the topic :) not necessarily a contest - but an ongoing thing so that more than one might be chosen.